Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Charlotte (7:05 p.m.)
July 18, 2019 | 7:05 p.m. ET | Sahlen Field | Buffalo, NY | Game # 97| Home Game # 49
BUFFALO BISONS (51-45, 2nd, -4.0 North) vs CHARLOTTE KNIGHTS (51-45, 3rd, -6.5 South)
LHP Ryan Feierabend (5-4, 5.95) vs. RHP Odrisamer Despaigne (3-4, 3.52)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This afternoon, the Bisons and Charlotte Knights conclude their four-game series in downtown Buffalo. Tomorrow the Columbus Clippers make their lone regular season trip to Buffalo, before a league-wide off day on Monday. The Herd will hit the road next week for a six-game road trip to Charlotte and Durham.
Yesterday's Game: BUF 9, CHA 6
Charlotte struck in the first inning for the third straight game, but once again the Bisons would answer. Bo Bichette helped lead Buffalo's offense attack with a two home run game, collecting 3 RBI in the process. Four of the team's nine hits were homers, including Andy Burns' 10th of the year that capped a three-run sixth inning for Buffalo.
Charlotte Knights (2-1)
Buffalo and Charlotte are meeting for the first of two regular season series. After the matchup at Sahlen Field this week, the two teams will square off in uptown Charlotte July 23-25.
INF Bo Bichette belted a pair of home runs for Buffalo in Wednesday's win, the first time in the prospect's career that he recorded a multi-homer game. Bichette is hitting .338 (22-65) in July with 6HR and 12RBI, to go along with 4SB. Overall, the infielder is hitting .336 (43-128) since coming off of the Injured List on 6/13. Bichette also has 18 multi-hit games in 46 total games.
UTIL Patrick Kivlehan added to his team lead in home runs with a solo shot for his 14th with the Herd. The veteran has 18 overall between his time in Indianapolis and Buffalo. Kivlehan has easily eclipsed his early season numbers with Indy, now sitting at .292 (47-161) in 46G for the Bisons. His most HR in a season was 22 with Tacoma in 2015.
The Bisons' four home runs yesterday pushed their season total 101 overall. In the month of July Buffalo has slugged 19, which is tied for the 7th most in the International League...Their .285 batting average is 3rd in the IL as well.
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (36-61) made a late charge with solo runs in the eighth and ninth innings, but it was not enough in their 5-4 loss to the Boston Red Sox. The two teams close out their four-game series at Fenway Park this afternoon with New England native LHP Thomas Pannone on the hill for the Blue Jays against LHP Chris Sale. The Jays' road trip will continue in Detroit tomorrow for a weekend series against the Tigers.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 18, 2019
- RailRiders take 3-of-4 from IL West leaders to begin seven-game homestand - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- James Marvel-ous as Indians One-Hit Mets in 9-1 Win - Indianapolis Indians
- Mets Win Series Despite Dropping Series Finale to Indians, 9-1, on Thursday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Mud Hens Take Series Finale at Home - Toledo Mud Hens
- Robert Launches Two Homers, Knights Shut out Bisons 6-0 Thursday - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons Lose to Charlotte, 6-0 - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (47-48) vs. Syracuse Mets (48-48) - Indianapolis Indians
- Four Winners Selected for $10,000 Grant - Durham Bulls
- Torreyes Powers Wings to Series Win Thursday - Rochester Red Wings
- Lien's Homers Back Foltynewicz in 11-2 Rout of Lehigh Valley - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mountcastle and Williams Shine, but Wings Win - Norfolk Tides
- Red Wings Return for Promo-Packed Homestand Tuesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Charlotte (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Gwinnett County offers split in IronPigs visit - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Boeheim's Army Coming to Syracuse Mets Game on Tuesday, July 23 - Syracuse Mets
- Eovaldi Makes Rehab Appearance in 4-2 Loss - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bats Club Three Home Runs in 4-2 Win - Louisville Bats
- Christmas (Vacation Night) Coming Later this Month - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (36-60) at Pawtucket Red Sox (39-56) - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats Notes - Louisville Bats
- Wings Hang on to Beat Tides, 5-4, Wednesday - Rochester Red Wings
- 5 RBIs from Crook Powers Bats Past PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Crook Leads Bats to 8-1 Win over PawSox - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.