Griffins Announce Concession Deals for October Games
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Grand Rapids Griffins, in conjunction with SMG Food and Beverage, are offering an array of deeply discounted concession items for fans at all remaining home games this month.
In the wake of the recent suspension of Van Andel Arena's liquor license for the Griffins' games on Oct. 23, 25, 26 and 30, fans will enjoy specials on nearly a dozen concession items from 6 p.m. through the conclusion of each game (while supplies last; stand locations vary). Specials include:
* $1 Items: Small Pepsi drink, soft-serve ice cream, popcorn, pretzel, cotton candy, churro; * $2 Items: Hot dog, pizza slice, chips & cheese; * $3 Taco Trio: Three street tacos, available at the Mex-To-Go stand located at section 126 (regularly $6.50); * $6 Burger Basket: Cheeseburger with fries, available at stands located on the lower level and sections 104, 108 and 122 on the concourse (regularly $8.50). In addition, fans who purchase suites or other hospitality areas for those four games will receive 50 percent off their food and beverage orders, and those purchasing D-Zone 4 Packs for the Friday, Oct. 25 game will enjoy wait service with $2 hot dogs and $2 Pepsi bottles.
"We realize the inconvenience that the suspension of the arena's license will cause to some of our fans," said Griffins president Tim Gortsema. "We're pleased that SMG Food and Beverage was willing to work with us to provide some great concession offers for our fans to enhance their experience on these nights."
To purchase tickets for any of these games, visit griffinshockey.com.
SMG Food and Beverage will also be making donations to both Kids' Food Basket and Paws for a Cause, who are the charitable beneficiaries of the games on Saturday, Oct. 26 (Go Orange Night) and Wednesday, Oct. 30 (Jake Engel Memorial Dog Game), respectively.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 17, 2019
- Game #3 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Diego Gulls Launch All-Access Series Today on FOX 5 San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls to Celebrate Home Opener this Friday - San Diego Gulls
- Admirals Host Dog Day on Saturday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Skillet to Perform Post-Game January 24 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Griffins Announce Concession Deals for October Games - Grand Rapids Griffins
- P-Bruins Recall Kyle Keyser from ECHL's Atlanta Gladiators - Providence Bruins
- Jets Recall Nelson Nogier from Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- San Jose Pro Eaters, Joey Chestnut and Matt Stonie, Faceoff at First-Ever Barracuda Waffle-Eating Challenge - San Jose Barracuda
- Morrison Reassigned to Fort Wayne - Ontario Reign
- Get Discounted Tickets, Win Dach Autographed Jersey Friday - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Recall Ryker Killins from Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- New Menu Items Introduced for Roadrunners Games - Tucson Roadrunners
- Monsters Offer New Monthly Pass Subscription-Based Ticket Program - Cleveland Monsters
- Binghamton Hockey Hall of Fame Committee to Induct Hennessy, Robitaille, Jaworski - Binghamton Devils
- Pearson Assigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- T-Birds Await Two Atlantic Division Tests on Road - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Iowa Wild Community Rink Program Expands to Johnston, Urbandale - Iowa Wild
- Rocket Triumphant in 5-4 Shootout Win over the Providence Bruins - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Griffins Stories
- Detroit Signs Evgeny Svechnikov to One-Year Extension
- Larry Figurski Wins AHL's James H. Ellery Memorial Award for Outstanding Media Coverage
- Griffins' "Put a Lid on It!" Program to Offer Drive-Thru Bike Helmet Distributions
- Griffins Youth Hockey Camp Postponed
- Griffins and Versiti Blood Center to Hold Blood Drive at Van Andel Arena Next Friday, June 26