Pearson Assigned to Griffins
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Detroit Red Wings on Thursday assigned center Chase Pearson to the Grand Rapids Griffins.
Entering his first full professional campaign, Pearson, 22, has yet to make his 2019-20 season debut due to injury.
A fifth-round selection, 140th overall, by the Red Wings in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, Pearson turned pro at the end of last season after a three-year career at the University of Maine and scored two goals in 10 games with Grand Rapids. A two-time captain at Maine, the 6-foot-2, 200-pound center compiled 78 points (37-41-78), a plus-18 rating and 132 penalty minutes in 107 appearances from 2016-19. During the 2018-19 season, Pearson led the Black Bears with 16 goals and ranked second with 29 points - both career highs - while being named Hockey East's Best Defensive Forward and selected to the conference's Second All-Star Team.
A native of Alpharetta, Ga., Chase's father, Scott Pearson, appeared in 292 NHL games with the Toronto Maple Leafs, Quebec Nordiques, Edmonton Oilers, Buffalo Sabres and New York Islanders during a professional career that spanned from 1988-00.
The Griffins have won two of their first three games and will head to Texas for a two-game weekend set against the Stars beginning tomorrow at 8 p.m. EDT.
Single-game tickets are currently on sale. Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 17, 2019
- Game #3 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Diego Gulls Launch All-Access Series Today on FOX 5 San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls to Celebrate Home Opener this Friday - San Diego Gulls
- Admirals Host Dog Day on Saturday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Skillet to Perform Post-Game January 24 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Griffins Announce Concession Deals for October Games - Grand Rapids Griffins
- P-Bruins Recall Kyle Keyser from ECHL's Atlanta Gladiators - Providence Bruins
- Jets Recall Nelson Nogier from Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- San Jose Pro Eaters, Joey Chestnut and Matt Stonie, Faceoff at First-Ever Barracuda Waffle-Eating Challenge - San Jose Barracuda
- Morrison Reassigned to Fort Wayne - Ontario Reign
- Get Discounted Tickets, Win Dach Autographed Jersey Friday - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Recall Ryker Killins from Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- New Menu Items Introduced for Roadrunners Games - Tucson Roadrunners
- Monsters Offer New Monthly Pass Subscription-Based Ticket Program - Cleveland Monsters
- Binghamton Hockey Hall of Fame Committee to Induct Hennessy, Robitaille, Jaworski - Binghamton Devils
- Pearson Assigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- T-Birds Await Two Atlantic Division Tests on Road - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Iowa Wild Community Rink Program Expands to Johnston, Urbandale - Iowa Wild
- Rocket Triumphant in 5-4 Shootout Win over the Providence Bruins - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Grand Rapids Griffins Stories
- Detroit Assigns 11 to Grand Rapids
- Griffins to Return to Play in February
- Griffins to Ring in New Year in Detroit
- Griffins' Teddy Bear Toss & Holiday Drive Nets Sleighful for Local Charities
- Griffins and Versiti Blood Center to Host Blood Drive at Van Andel Arena on January 2