Pearson Assigned to Griffins
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Detroit Red Wings on Thursday assigned center Chase Pearson to the Grand Rapids Griffins.
Entering his first full professional campaign, Pearson, 22, has yet to make his 2019-20 season debut due to injury.
A fifth-round selection, 140th overall, by the Red Wings in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, Pearson turned pro at the end of last season after a three-year career at the University of Maine and scored two goals in 10 games with Grand Rapids. A two-time captain at Maine, the 6-foot-2, 200-pound center compiled 78 points (37-41-78), a plus-18 rating and 132 penalty minutes in 107 appearances from 2016-19. During the 2018-19 season, Pearson led the Black Bears with 16 goals and ranked second with 29 points - both career highs - while being named Hockey East's Best Defensive Forward and selected to the conference's Second All-Star Team.
A native of Alpharetta, Ga., Chase's father, Scott Pearson, appeared in 292 NHL games with the Toronto Maple Leafs, Quebec Nordiques, Edmonton Oilers, Buffalo Sabres and New York Islanders during a professional career that spanned from 1988-00.
The Griffins have won two of their first three games and will head to Texas for a two-game weekend set against the Stars beginning tomorrow at 8 p.m. EDT.
Single-game tickets are currently on sale. Fans can secure their full-season, select-season or group ticket packages by calling (616) 774-4585 ext. 2 or visit griffinshockey.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 17, 2019
- Game #3 Preview: Tucson at Ontario - Tucson Roadrunners
- San Diego Gulls Launch All-Access Series Today on FOX 5 San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego Gulls to Celebrate Home Opener this Friday - San Diego Gulls
- Admirals Host Dog Day on Saturday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Skillet to Perform Post-Game January 24 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Griffins Announce Concession Deals for October Games - Grand Rapids Griffins
- P-Bruins Recall Kyle Keyser from ECHL's Atlanta Gladiators - Providence Bruins
- Jets Recall Nelson Nogier from Manitoba - Manitoba Moose
- San Jose Pro Eaters, Joey Chestnut and Matt Stonie, Faceoff at First-Ever Barracuda Waffle-Eating Challenge - San Jose Barracuda
- Morrison Reassigned to Fort Wayne - Ontario Reign
- Get Discounted Tickets, Win Dach Autographed Jersey Friday - Rockford IceHogs
- Roadrunners Recall Ryker Killins from Rapid City - Tucson Roadrunners
- New Menu Items Introduced for Roadrunners Games - Tucson Roadrunners
- Monsters Offer New Monthly Pass Subscription-Based Ticket Program - Cleveland Monsters
- Binghamton Hockey Hall of Fame Committee to Induct Hennessy, Robitaille, Jaworski - Binghamton Devils
- Pearson Assigned to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- T-Birds Await Two Atlantic Division Tests on Road - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Iowa Wild Community Rink Program Expands to Johnston, Urbandale - Iowa Wild
- Rocket Triumphant in 5-4 Shootout Win over the Providence Bruins - Laval Rocket
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.