Game Notes: December 18 vs Missouri
Overview: The Cyclones head out to Missouri to take on the ECHL-leading Missouri Mavericks on Friday night. This is the start of a three-game road trip for the Cyclones, who are coming off of a 6-4 win over the Evansville IceMen on Saturday night.
Saturday Recap: The Cincinnati Cyclones (12-6-2-2) picked up a 6-4 win over the Evansville IceMen on Saturday night. Forward Andrew Yogan netted a pair of goals, while forwards Jack Downing, Seth Ambroz, Branden Gracel and Joe Wilson potted lone tallies for the Cyclones. The Cyclones outshot Evansville on the night, 28-25, while the power play was held scoreless on all three chances.
Friday Recap: The Cincinnati Cyclones (11-6-2-2) fell to the Evansville IceMen, 7-3, on Friday night. Forwards Nick Huard, Peter Quenneville, and Christiaan Minella scored the goals for the Cyclones. Goaltenders Neil Conway and Brandon Whitney split time in net, combining to make 32 saves on 39 Evansville shots. The Cyclones were outshot on the night, 39-29, while the power play converted on two of its five chances.
December 4th Recap: The Cincinnati Cyclones (11-5-2-2) picked up a 7-6 overtime win over the Greenville Swamp Rabbits on Friday night. Forward Nick Huard scored a pair of power play markers, and defenseman Riley Weselowski also had two, including the game winner. Forwards Mike Hammond and Andrew Yogan, and defenseman Steve Weinstein added lone tallies for the Cyclones, who scored seven goals in a game for the first time since November 26 of 2014. The Cyclones were outshot, 44-36 on the night, while the power play converted on two of its five chances.
Previewing Missouri: The Mavericks currently sit atop the ECHL standings, and are 14-1-0-0 in their last 15 games. They had their 14-game winning streak snapped on Sunday, in a 4-3 loss to the Tulsa Oilers. Forward Jesse Root is the overall scoring leader with 28 points (13g, 15a), however forward Tyler Barnes leads all active players with 12 goals and 15 assists through 23 games played. Forwards Kellen Jones (4g, 13a) and Rocco Carzo (2g, 15) round out the scoring leaders with 17 points each. Missouri enters Friday's contest ranked in the top two in the League in both goals for (3.35/game) and goals against (1.74/game), and they are amongst the top ECHL teams at home, boasting a perfect 8-0-0-0 record.
Inside the Series: Friday marks the first all-time meeting between the two clubs, and they will meet just once more this season, as they wrap up the season series on Saturday night.
Next Game Preview: The Cyclones continue their three-game road trip on Saturday night, wrapping up the season series with the Mavericks. Faceoff is scheduled for 8:05pm ET.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 18, 2015
- Jackals Romp Royals, 5-2 - Elmira Jackals
- Roayls Return Home for the Holidays Spoiled by Elmira, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Second Period Sinks Eagles in 4-0 Loss to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Third Period IceMen Comeback Edges Slumping Fuel - Evansville IceMen
- Oilers Fall in Overtime to Wichita, 3-2 - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Strike Twice Late to Hold off Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Cyclones Downed by ECHL Leaders - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers End Quad City's Home Winning Streak - Wheeling Nailers
- IceMen Beat Fuel 2-1 - Indy Fuel
- Nailers Halt Mallards' Home Winning Streak - Quad City Mallards
- Monarchs Survive Komets in 5-3 Win - Manchester Monarchs
- Stingrays Battle Back, Fall to Everblades 2-1 in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Bottle K-Wings on Bell's Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Edge Stingrays in Overtime 2-1 - Florida Everblades
- Atlanta Clip Wings with 3-1 Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - December 18 - ECHL
- Moose Assign Blomqvist to Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Acquire Torin Snydeman from Utah Grizzlies - Kansas City Mavericks
- Admirals Get Forward Bryan McGregor from Brampton for Future Considerations - Norfolk Admirals
- Malcolm Recalled to AHL Hartford - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Notes: December 18 vs Missouri - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Travel to Reading for Meeting with Royals - Elmira Jackals
- Greg Wolfe Returns to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Gameday: Adirondack at Norfolk - Adirondack Thunder
- Nailers at Mallards Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Today - December 18 - ECHL
- Star Wars Night on December 26 - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Day Capsule: Wichita at Tulsa, December 18th - Wichita Thunder
- Forward Cam Reid Loaned to Utica Comets - Reading Royals
- Oilers Host Thunder Tonight - Tulsa Oilers
- Walleye Edge Beast in Brampton's First Shootout of the Season - Brampton Beast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.