Malcolm Recalled to AHL Hartford
Greenville, SC - The Greenville Swamp Rabbits, proud ECHL affiliate of the New York Rangers and the AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack, today announced goaltender Jeff Malcolm has been recalled to Hartford. In addition, the Swamp Rabbits have added defenseman Reid Campbell from the Mississipppi RiverKings of the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL).
Malcolm, 26, has made nine appearances for the Swamp Rabbits this season, posting a 5-2-2 record with a 3.40 goals-against-average and .894 save percentage. He is currently on a seven-game streak (5-0-2) since November 12 in which he has not been beaten in regulation on home ice. Malcolm made Hartford's season-opening roster on October 9 and played three games for the Wolf Pack, recording a 1-1-0 record with a 2.38 goals-against average and .906 save percentage.
Under contract with the Wolf Pack, Malcolm spent the majority of last season with Greenville and proved to be one of the strongest goaltenders in the ECHL. In 28 appearances, he went 17-10-1 with a 2.52 goals-against average, .919 save percentage and one shutout, and was named to the 2015CCM/ECHL All-Star Team on January 21 in Orlando, Florida. Malcolm made 17 saves on 18 shots during the second period that night and notched the win in net. He also spent 11 games with Hartford last season, going 7-4-0 with a 3.18 goals-against average and .899 save percentage.
Prior to turning pro, the 6'2, 179-pound netminder played four seasons at Yale University, where he finished second among Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference (ECAC) goaltenders in wins (20) during his senior campaign in 2012-13. He completed his collegiate career by posting a 36-save shutout in the national championship game to backstop the Bulldogs to their first-ever Frozen Four title. Overall, Malcolm appeared in 67 games at Yale and earned a record of 36-21-4 with a 2.60 goals against average, a .907 save percentage and six shutouts.
A second-year pro, Campbell collected five points (2g, 3a), 22 penalty minutes and a +2 rating in 18 games with Mississippi this season. The 26-year-old also spent the entire 2014-15 campaign with the RiverKings and recorded 11 points (2g, 9a), 23 penalty minutes and a +9 rating in 45 contests. He attended training camp with the South Carolina Stingrays this season and played seven games with Swamp Rabbits' forward Joey Holka last year in Mississippi.
Prior to turning pro, Campbell spent four seasons at St. Norbert College in De Pere, Wisconsin from 2010-14. In 118 appearances, the Haines Junction, Yukon native amassed 40 points (10g, 30a) and 104 penalty minutes for the Green Knights. The 5'10, 185-pound defenseman also played four seasons of junior hockey with the Powell River Kings of the British Columbia Hockey League (BCHL) from 2006-10.
Campbell will wear #7 and is expected to make his ECHL debut this weekend against Orlando.
Star Wars Night: The Swamp Rabbits return to SANDLAPPER Securities Rink at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena tomorrow night to face the Orlando Solar Bears at 7 p.m. Tomorrow is Star Wars Night, featuring a Family Force Pack ticket special: four (4) red-level tickets and two (2) bottleneck socks for just $60 (BUY NOW)! Fans are also encouraged to dress up like their favorite hero or villain and meet characters from the Star Wars series throughout the contest. Doors open at 6 p.m.
Family Fun Day: Take advantage of the Greenville News Family Fun Pack and a post-game skate with the team this Sunday when the Swamp Rabbits rematch against Orlando at 3 p.m. The Greenville News Family Fun Pack features four (4) red-level tickets, four (4) hot dogs, four (4) bags of chips, four (4) fountain drinks and two (2) Swamp Rabbits' foam fingers for just $60! Following the game, all fans are encouraged to stick around and skate with the ENTIRE team on SANDLAPPER Securities Rink. The club will also wear its special-edition New York Rangers style jerseys. Doors open at 2 p.m.
Get Social: Follow the Swamp Rabbits all season long and get behind-the-scenes coverage like never before on the team's official Facebook and Twitter pages.
Trolley On Over: Greenville's downtown trolley route has been extended to include a stop at the Bon Secours Wellness Arena. The expanded route will operate for all Swamp Rabbits' games taking place Thursdays through Sundays during normal trolley service hours.
Call 864-674-7825 or visit SwampRabbits.com for tickets. Bring a group of 15 or more out to a game and receive great discounts, merchandise offers and hospitality opportunities! Call a Swamp Rabbits Account Executive for more information! Get the latest Swamp Rabbits gear at the "Hop Shop" team store or visit the "Hop Shop" online at SwampRabbits.com/shop to browse the full collection of fan wear and novelties!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 18, 2015
- Jackals Romp Royals, 5-2 - Elmira Jackals
- Roayls Return Home for the Holidays Spoiled by Elmira, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Second Period Sinks Eagles in 4-0 Loss to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Third Period IceMen Comeback Edges Slumping Fuel - Evansville IceMen
- Oilers Fall in Overtime to Wichita, 3-2 - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Strike Twice Late to Hold off Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Cyclones Downed by ECHL Leaders - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers End Quad City's Home Winning Streak - Wheeling Nailers
- IceMen Beat Fuel 2-1 - Indy Fuel
- Nailers Halt Mallards' Home Winning Streak - Quad City Mallards
- Monarchs Survive Komets in 5-3 Win - Manchester Monarchs
- Stingrays Battle Back, Fall to Everblades 2-1 in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Bottle K-Wings on Bell's Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Edge Stingrays in Overtime 2-1 - Florida Everblades
- Atlanta Clip Wings with 3-1 Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - December 18 - ECHL
- Moose Assign Blomqvist to Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Acquire Torin Snydeman from Utah Grizzlies - Kansas City Mavericks
- Admirals Get Forward Bryan McGregor from Brampton for Future Considerations - Norfolk Admirals
- Malcolm Recalled to AHL Hartford - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Notes: December 18 vs Missouri - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Travel to Reading for Meeting with Royals - Elmira Jackals
- Greg Wolfe Returns to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Gameday: Adirondack at Norfolk - Adirondack Thunder
- Nailers at Mallards Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Today - December 18 - ECHL
- Star Wars Night on December 26 - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Day Capsule: Wichita at Tulsa, December 18th - Wichita Thunder
- Forward Cam Reid Loaned to Utica Comets - Reading Royals
- Oilers Host Thunder Tonight - Tulsa Oilers
- Walleye Edge Beast in Brampton's First Shootout of the Season - Brampton Beast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Swamp Rabbits Stories
- PHPA and ECHL Announce Relief Fund for ECHL Players
- A Message from the Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Greenville Swamp Rabbits Ticket FAQ
- 2019-20 ECHL Season Cancelled
- Sunday's Blood Drive Cancelled