ECHL Today - December 18
December 18, 2015 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
A preview of ECHL games for Friday, Dec. 18, 2015
Atlanta Gladiators (14-9-1) at Kalamazoo Wings (10-13-3) 7 p.m. ET
- Atlanta's Tyler Murovich is on a three-game goal streak since Dec. 12 (3g).
- Kalamazoo's Joel Martin is tied for third with 10 wins.
- Gladiators are 7-3-1 when outshooting their opponent.
- K-Wings are 6-0-3 when leading after two periods.
Elmira Jackals (17-9-0) at Reading Royals (12-10-3) 7 p.m. ET
- Cason Hohmann leads Elmira against the Royals with nine points (3g-6a).
- Reading's Robbie Czarnik is tied for second with six power-play goals.
- Jackals are on a six-game winning streak and are 9-1-0 in their last 10 games.
- Royals are fourth with 26.60 shots-against per game.
Florida Everblades (19-9-0) at South Carolina Stingrays (15-9-2) 7:05 p.m. ET
- Florida's Ethan Werek is tied for the league lead in plus-minus at +15.
- South Carolina's Mark Dekanich is sixth with a 1.99 goals-against average.
- Everblades are third with 3.32 goals per game.
- Stingrays are 12-2-2 when scoring first.
Adirondack Thunder (15-4-2) at Norfolk Admirals (9-17-1) 7:30 p.m. ET
- Adirondack's Ken Appleby is tied for third with 10 wins.
- Norfolk's Charles-Olivier Roussel is tied for fourth among defensemen with 19 points (2g-17a).
- Thunder are tied for second with one shorthanded goal against.
- Admirals are seventh on the penalty kill at 86.0 percent (111-for-129).
Manchester Monarchs (17-9-1) at Fort Wayne Komets (11-9-1) 8 p.m. ET
- Manchester's Matt Leitner leads rookies with 20 assists.
- Fort Wayne's Jordon Southorn is fifth among defensemen with 69 shots on goal.
- Monarchs lead the league with five wins when trailing after two periods (5-7-0).
- Komets are second with 33.48 shots per game.
Wichita Thunder (6-17-1) at Tulsa Oilers (10-10-2) 7:05 p.m. CT
- Danick Gauthier leads Wichita against the Oilers with three points (2g-1a).
- Tulsa's Kevin Carr is fourth with a 1.95 goals-against average.
- Thunder have scored 20 of their 45 goals in the first period.
- Oilers are the only team in the league to have not allowed a shorthanded goal this season.
Cincinnati Cyclones (12-6-4) at Missouri Mavericks (19-3-1) 7:05 p.m. CT
- Cincinnati's Nick Huard is tied for second, and leads rookies, with six power-play goals.
- Missouri's Parker Milner is second with a 1.64 goals-against average.
- Cyclones have outscored their opponents 30-20 in the third period.
- Mavericks are 8-0-0 at home.
Wheeling Nailers (13-9-3) at Quad City Mallards (14-8-3) 7:05 p.m. CT
- Wheeling's John McCarron leads rookies with 90 shots on goal.
- Quad City's Matt Neal is tied for second among rookies in plus-minus at +12.
- Nailers are 11-0-0 when leading after two periods.
- Mallards are second on the power play at home at 24.4 percent (11-for-45).
Indy Fuel (10-13-2) at Evansville IceMen (9-13-2) 7:15 p.m. CT
- Ben Marshall leads Indy against the IceMen with four points (1g-3a).
- Evansville's Tyson Fawcett leads the league with 15 goals.
- Fuel are league's second-least penalized team with 9.68 penalty minutes per game.
- IceMen lead the league on the power play at 22.8 percent (18-for-79).
Colorado Eagles (12-12-2) at Utah Grizzlies (14-8-2) 7:05 p.m. MT
- Colorado's Trent Daavettila is on a six-game point streak since Dec. 4 (6g-6a).
- Barry Almeida leads Utah against the Eagles with five points (5g-0a).
- Eagles are tied for third on the power play on the road at 25.0 percent (7-for-28).
- Grizzlies have scored of their league-leading eight shorthanded goals at home.
Allen Americans (15-9-1) at Idaho Steelheads (10-14-4) 7:10 p.m. MT
- Allen's Chad Costello leads the league with 35 points (10g-25a).
- Idaho's Brandon Magee is third for third among rookies with 79 shots on goal.
- Americans are 9-0-0 when leading after one period.
- Steelheads are tied for second on the penalty kill at home at 89.1 percent (41-for-46).
Rapid City Rush (12-8-2) at Alaska Aces (8-15-3) 7:15 p.m. AKT
- Rapid City's Mikhail Stefanovich leads the league with a 36.0 percent shooting percentage (9-for-25).
- Alaska's Gleason Fournier is tied for second among defensemen with seven goals.
- Rush are 5-1-2 in one-goal games.
- Aces are third with 33.15 shots per game.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 18, 2015
- Jackals Romp Royals, 5-2 - Elmira Jackals
- Roayls Return Home for the Holidays Spoiled by Elmira, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Second Period Sinks Eagles in 4-0 Loss to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Third Period IceMen Comeback Edges Slumping Fuel - Evansville IceMen
- Oilers Fall in Overtime to Wichita, 3-2 - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Strike Twice Late to Hold off Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Cyclones Downed by ECHL Leaders - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers End Quad City's Home Winning Streak - Wheeling Nailers
- IceMen Beat Fuel 2-1 - Indy Fuel
- Nailers Halt Mallards' Home Winning Streak - Quad City Mallards
- Monarchs Survive Komets in 5-3 Win - Manchester Monarchs
- Stingrays Battle Back, Fall to Everblades 2-1 in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Bottle K-Wings on Bell's Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Edge Stingrays in Overtime 2-1 - Florida Everblades
- Atlanta Clip Wings with 3-1 Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - December 18 - ECHL
- Moose Assign Blomqvist to Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Acquire Torin Snydeman from Utah Grizzlies - Kansas City Mavericks
- Admirals Get Forward Bryan McGregor from Brampton for Future Considerations - Norfolk Admirals
- Malcolm Recalled to AHL Hartford - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Notes: December 18 vs Missouri - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Travel to Reading for Meeting with Royals - Elmira Jackals
- Greg Wolfe Returns to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Gameday: Adirondack at Norfolk - Adirondack Thunder
- Nailers at Mallards Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Today - December 18 - ECHL
- Star Wars Night on December 26 - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Day Capsule: Wichita at Tulsa, December 18th - Wichita Thunder
- Forward Cam Reid Loaned to Utica Comets - Reading Royals
- Oilers Host Thunder Tonight - Tulsa Oilers
- Walleye Edge Beast in Brampton's First Shootout of the Season - Brampton Beast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.