Game Day Capsule: Wichita at Tulsa, December 18th
Wichita, KS - Wichita heads to Tulsa for a pair of games starting tonight at 7:05 p.m. Get ready of the match-up with this Wichita Brewing Company Game Day Capsule.
Wichita at Tulsa - 7:05 p.m., BOK Center, Tulsa, OK
Goals: Gauthier, Lowe, Miller, 5
Assists: Sakaris, 9
Points: Sakaris, 13
+/-: Neal, -1
PIM: Milan, 41
Goals: Clark, 6
Assists: Brown, 14
Points: Pleskach, 16
+/-: Brown, +12
PIM: Gagnon, 60
Oct. 16 BOK 3-2, W
Nov. 11 INTRUST 2-1, W (SO)
Nov. 27 BOK 2-0, L
Nov. 28 INTRUST 4-2, L
Dec. 18 BOK 7:05 p.m.
Dec. 19 BOK 7:05 p.m.
Dec. 26 INTRUST 7:05 p.m.
Jan. 8 INTRUST 7:05 p.m.
Jan. 9 BOK 7:05 p.m.
Feb. 14 BOK 7:05 p.m.
Apr. 6 INTRUST 7:05 p.m.
Apr. 8 INTRUST 7:05 p.m.
Apr. 9 BOK 7:05 p.m.
Wichita is 2-2-0-0 vs. Tulsa this season
HEAD-TO-HEAD - This is the fifth meeting of the season between the Thunder and the Oilers. All-time, Wichita is 133-112-23 against Tulsa and 59-62-11 away in the series.
TODAY - Wichita heads to Tulsa for a pair of games starting tonight in the StoneWolf Casino Cup. The Thunder and the Oilers are playing for the 269th time this evening. Wichita took the first two games of the season-series, but lost back-to-back contests against Tulsa on November 27th and 28th. The Thunder are nearing the end of their seven-game road trip while the Oilers claimed a 4-3 win against Missouri at home on Sunday to help snap the Mavericks 14-game winning streak. Brady Ramsay leads the Oilers with three goals in four games against the Thunder. Adam Pleskach has three assists. Danick Gauthier has three points (2g, 1a) vs. Tulsa while Kenton Miller has two goals.
OIL SLICK - Wichita will attempt to snap two skids tonight on the road at Tulsa. The Thunder have dropped their last seven contests and haven't won a road game since Opening Night against the Oilers at the BOK Center. Tulsa defeated the Mavericks this past Sunday, ending their 14-game winning streak. Wichita is 1-1-0-0 at the BOK Center this season.
FIRST TIMERS - Joey Sides, Dean Chelios and Landon Oslanski recorded their first goals in a Thunder uniform last week. Chelios scored his first on Tuesday night against Rapid City. Both Sides and Oslanski scored on Friday night in a 3-2 loss at Colorado.
SCORING EARLY - Out of the 45 goals the Thunder have scored this season, 20 of those have come in the first period.
MILESTONES - Ian Lowe hit a milestone, notching his 100th ECHL point last week. He needs 11 more games to have played in 300 as a pro. He also needs four more points to hit the 200-point plateau. The fifth-year pro out of Bradwardine, BC is currently in his fourth season in the Air Capital. 161 of his 196 points have come donning Thunder blue. Tonight is Erick Lizon's 200th game in the ECHL.
END OF THE ROAD - The Thunder will return home on Sunday afternoon, ending their seven-game road swing. Wichita hasn't played a home game since November 28th. The Thunder will have visited four different cities in a span of two weeks after this weekend. Starting Sunday against Cincinnati, the Thunder will play four-straight at INTRUST Bank Arena before a three-game road trip around the New Year.
CAR JACKED - For the Thunder to come out with a win tonight, they will have to overcome Tulsa netminder Kevin Carr. Last season, Carr was 12-2-0-0 against the Thunder with a goals-against average of 1.90 and a save percentage of .941. In two games against Wichita this year, he is 2-0-0-0, giving up just two goals in 120 minutes, a goals-against average of 1.00 and a .957 save percentage.
THUNDERBOLTS...Landon Oslanski leads the team in shots with 59 and has three points in five games since being acquired from Alaska...Wichita's penalty kill is ranked seventh at home (86%) and 14th overall (82.6%)... Wichita is 4-0-0-1 when leading after two...Wichita is 2-5-0-0 when outshooting its opponent...Wichita is 4-5-0-1 in one goal games...
TULSA NOTES - Kevin Carr has started 10-straight games and is fourth in minutes played (891)...Dennis Brown leads the Oilers with 14 assists and is a +12...Jason Christie claimed his 493rd win last week, jumping ahead of ECHL Hall of Famer John Marks for the all-time lead for wins by a coach...Tulsa is the only team in the ECHL to not allow a shorthanded goal...
AROUND THE ECHL - There are 11 other games tonight in the ECHL. Atlanta heads to Kalamazoo. Elmira goes to Reading. Florida is in South Carolina. Adirondack plays at Norfolk. Manchester takes on Fort Wayne. Cincinnati heads to Missouri. Wheeling travels to Quad City. Indy is at Evansville. Colorado travels to Utah. Allen heads to Idaho. Rapid City travels west to Alaska.
UP NEXT - Wichita plays tomorrow night at Tulsa starting at 7:05 p.m.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased at the INTRUST Arena Box office, by calling 855-755-SEAT or go online at www.selectaseat.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 18, 2015
- Jackals Romp Royals, 5-2 - Elmira Jackals
- Roayls Return Home for the Holidays Spoiled by Elmira, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Second Period Sinks Eagles in 4-0 Loss to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Third Period IceMen Comeback Edges Slumping Fuel - Evansville IceMen
- Oilers Fall in Overtime to Wichita, 3-2 - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Strike Twice Late to Hold off Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Cyclones Downed by ECHL Leaders - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers End Quad City's Home Winning Streak - Wheeling Nailers
- IceMen Beat Fuel 2-1 - Indy Fuel
- Nailers Halt Mallards' Home Winning Streak - Quad City Mallards
- Monarchs Survive Komets in 5-3 Win - Manchester Monarchs
- Stingrays Battle Back, Fall to Everblades 2-1 in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Bottle K-Wings on Bell's Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Edge Stingrays in Overtime 2-1 - Florida Everblades
- Atlanta Clip Wings with 3-1 Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - December 18 - ECHL
- Moose Assign Blomqvist to Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Acquire Torin Snydeman from Utah Grizzlies - Kansas City Mavericks
- Admirals Get Forward Bryan McGregor from Brampton for Future Considerations - Norfolk Admirals
- Malcolm Recalled to AHL Hartford - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Notes: December 18 vs Missouri - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Travel to Reading for Meeting with Royals - Elmira Jackals
- Greg Wolfe Returns to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Gameday: Adirondack at Norfolk - Adirondack Thunder
- Nailers at Mallards Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Today - December 18 - ECHL
- Star Wars Night on December 26 - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Day Capsule: Wichita at Tulsa, December 18th - Wichita Thunder
- Forward Cam Reid Loaned to Utica Comets - Reading Royals
- Oilers Host Thunder Tonight - Tulsa Oilers
- Walleye Edge Beast in Brampton's First Shootout of the Season - Brampton Beast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.