Cyclones Downed by ECHL Leaders
Independence, MO - The Cincinnati Cyclones (12-7-2-2) fell to the Missouri Mavericks, 5-2, on Friday night. Forwards Andrew Yogan and Jack Downing scored the lone goals for the Cyclones, who fall in the first of three games this weekend.
The Mavericks found themselves up, 3-0 after the first period, on goals from forwards Tanner Fritz and Colin Markison, and defenseman Bryce Aneloski.
After Missouri extended their lead to 4-0 on a power play goal from forward Andrew Courtney, the Cyclones' power play came to life, when Yogan took a feed from defenseman Garrett Noonan, and he slipped it past Missouri netminder Josh Robinson, cutting Cincinnati's deficit to 4-1.
Just 38 seconds later, Cincinnati's power play struck again, when Noonan sent a pass to Downing, and he hammered home a one-timer, cutting Missouri's lead to 4-2 after 40 minutes.
After some early third period chances from the Cyclones, Missouri pushed their lead back to three goals, when forward Reed Seckel lit the lamp, pushing the Mavericks' edge to 5-2.
Cincinnati had some quality chances late, however could not find the back of the net, and the Mavericks held on for a 5-2 win.
The Cyclones outshot Missouri, 27-26, on the night, while the power play converted on two-of-three chances. The two sides wrap up their season series on Saturday night in Independence. Faceoff is slated for 8:05pm ET.
The 2015-2016 season is underway! Your Cyclones are on the march towards another Kelly Cup Championship, and want you along for the ride! Be sure to check out one of our 2015-16 Ticket Packages, available NOW! Call 513.421.PUCK to reserve your seats. Fans can also get the latest team updates on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), Instagram, and our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 18, 2015
- Jackals Romp Royals, 5-2 - Elmira Jackals
- Roayls Return Home for the Holidays Spoiled by Elmira, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Second Period Sinks Eagles in 4-0 Loss to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- Third Period IceMen Comeback Edges Slumping Fuel - Evansville IceMen
- Oilers Fall in Overtime to Wichita, 3-2 - Tulsa Oilers
- Thunder Strike Twice Late to Hold off Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Cyclones Downed by ECHL Leaders - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Nailers End Quad City's Home Winning Streak - Wheeling Nailers
- IceMen Beat Fuel 2-1 - Indy Fuel
- Nailers Halt Mallards' Home Winning Streak - Quad City Mallards
- Monarchs Survive Komets in 5-3 Win - Manchester Monarchs
- Stingrays Battle Back, Fall to Everblades 2-1 in Overtime - South Carolina Stingrays
- Gladiators Bottle K-Wings on Bell's Night - Kalamazoo Wings
- Everblades Edge Stingrays in Overtime 2-1 - Florida Everblades
- Atlanta Clip Wings with 3-1 Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - December 18 - ECHL
- Moose Assign Blomqvist to Tulsa - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Acquire Torin Snydeman from Utah Grizzlies - Kansas City Mavericks
- Admirals Get Forward Bryan McGregor from Brampton for Future Considerations - Norfolk Admirals
- Malcolm Recalled to AHL Hartford - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Notes: December 18 vs Missouri - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Jackals Travel to Reading for Meeting with Royals - Elmira Jackals
- Greg Wolfe Returns to Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Gameday: Adirondack at Norfolk - Adirondack Thunder
- Nailers at Mallards Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Today - December 18 - ECHL
- Star Wars Night on December 26 - Adirondack Thunder
- Game Day Capsule: Wichita at Tulsa, December 18th - Wichita Thunder
- Forward Cam Reid Loaned to Utica Comets - Reading Royals
- Oilers Host Thunder Tonight - Tulsa Oilers
- Walleye Edge Beast in Brampton's First Shootout of the Season - Brampton Beast
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cincinnati Cyclones Stories
- Cyclones Game Preview: 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 5 vs. Kalamazoo
- Cyclones Come Back in Special Teams-Fueled Win
- Cyclones Game Preview: 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 4 vs. Kalamazoo
- Cyclones Offense Back on Track with Game 3 Win
- Cyclones Game Preview: Kelly Cup Playoffs- Round 1, Game 3 vs. Kalamazoo