Game Day Preview: Americans Host Tulsa, 7:05 PM
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild (NHL), and Iowa Wild (AHL), face the Tulsa Oilers this evening in game three of a four-game series. The Americans are 8-2-1-0 against Tulsa this season, and 35-22-4-0 over the last five years. The Americans defeated the Tulsa Oilers 6-5 in overtime on Friday night in Tulsa. Americans forward Corey Mackin had the game winner in overtime. Get you tickets NOW!
ALLEN AMERICANS TODAY:
PREGAME SHOW: 6:50 PM CST
PUCK DROP: 7:05 PM CST
WATCH LIVE: FLOHOCKEY.TV
LISTEN LIVE: AMERICANS 24/7
ON THE CALL: Tommy Daniels and Maurice Fitzgerald
POSTGAME PARTY: BAR LOUIE in the Village at Allen
Next Home Game: Sunday, May 9, vs Tulsa Oilers, 2:05 pm.
About the Last Game: The Americans rallied back from a 5-2 deficit in the third period, tying the game with two minutes left to go in regulation, and finishing the deal with an overtime thriller, 6-5 over the Tulsa Oilers, at BOK Center on Friday night. Chad Butcher (6), Zane Franklin (8) and Scott Conway (7), all scored in the third period for Allen. Corey Mackin had the biggest goal of the night scoring with a minute and twenty seconds left in the extra session. It was Corey Mackin's second goal of the night (2 goals 0 assists). The win was the Americans sixth straight, which is a season high.
Game Number 100 for Lancaster: Americans defenseman Les Lancaster played in the 100th game of his professional career on Friday night. Lancaster had three assists in the Americans overtime victory over Tulsa. He leads the team with 48 points (17 goals and 31 assists).
Laberge Returns: Samuel Laberge returned to the Allen lineup on Friday night and played in his first game since April 20th. Laberge is tied with Spencer Asuchak for fourth on the team in scoring with 31 points. He was held without a point on Friday.
COMPARING ALLEN AND TULSA
Last 10: 7-3-0-0
ALLEN AMERICANS TEAM LEADERS:
Goals: Corey Mackin, 22
Assists: Matt Register 42
Points: Les Lancaster, 48
+/-: Matt Register, +13
PIM: Zane Franklin, 113
Last 10: 3-4-3-0
TULSA OILERS TEAM LEADERS:
Goals: Adam Pleskach, 21
Assists: Adam Pleskach, 23
Points: Adam Pleskach, 44
+/-: Danny Moynihan +10
PIM: Mike McKee, 114
SINGLE GAME TICKETS ARE ON SALE!
Don't miss the excitement of Americans Hockey in 2021.
Images from this story
Allen Americans celebrate a goal against the Tulsa Oilers
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 8, 2021
- Buitenhuis, Special Teams Propel Thunder Past Mavericks - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Third Period Rally Ends Americans Winning Streak - Allen Americans
- Oilers Bounce Back with Big Road Win - Tulsa Oilers
- Mavericks Shutout by Wichita Saturday Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- Late Spencer goal lifts Solar Bears to 3-2 win over Swamp Rabbits - Orlando Solar Bears
- Late Goal Propels Indy over Fort Wayne - Indy Fuel
- Rabbits Road Winning Streak Ends at Six Straight - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Watling's Four-Goal Night Leads the Way in Wild Win - Wheeling Nailers
- 40 Shots Not Enough for SC in 3-2 Loss to Blades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Blades Slip Past Stingrays - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview vs. Wichita Thunder - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - May 7 - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - May 9 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Swamp Rabbits at Solar Bears, 7 PM - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview: Nailers at Icemen, May 8, 2021 - Jacksonville IceMen
- Grizzlies Preview: Final Game of Homestand, Season Series with Rush - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Day Preview: Americans Host Tulsa, 7:05 PM - Allen Americans
- Blades Primed for Blackout Night - Florida Everblades
- Game Preview: Stingrays at Everblades, May 8 at 7 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Third Period Rally Leads Americans Past Tulsa - Allen Americans
- 5 Goal First Period Leads Grizzlies to Friday Win - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Americans Take Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals
- Americans, Steve Martinson, Agree to Contract Extension
- Game Day Preview: Western Conference Finals Game 1
- Americans to Host Fort Wayne in Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals on Friday
- Americans Sweep Utah with Double Overtime Win