Falcons vs. Gulls - First Round Kelly Cup Playoffs
FRESNO, Calif. - The Fresno Falcons have learned who they will play in the first round of the Kelly Cup Playoffs - their long-time rivals, the San Diego Gulls.
The best-of-seven series will open at Save Mart Center as the Pacific Division-winning Falcons have home-ice advantage through at least the first two rounds of the playoffs. Games One and Two are on Tuesday and Wednesday, Apr. 11 and 12, with the face-off at 7:30 p.m. both nights. The entire series schedule is as follows:
Game One: Tuesday, Apr. 11 @ Save Mart Center, 7:30 p.m.
Game Two: Wednesday, Apr. 12 @ Save Mart Center, 7:30 p.m.
Game Three: Friday, Apr. 14 @ ipayOne Center, 7:35 p.m.
Game Four: Saturday, Apr. 15 @ ipayOne Center, 7:05 p.m.
Game Five: Monday, Apr. 17 @ ipayOne Center, 7:05 p.m.*
Game Six: Thursday, Apr. 20 @ Save Mart Center, 7:30 p.m.*
Game Seven: Saturday, Apr. 22 @ Save Mart Center, 7:30 p.m.*
* if necessary
The winner of the Falcons-Gulls series will face the winner of the Bakersfield Condors-Long Beach Ice Dogs series in the Pacific Division Playoff Finals. From there, the Pacific Division Champion will play the West Division Champion in the National Conference Finals with the winner advancing to the Kelly Cup Finals against the American Conference Champion.
Individual playoff tickets for Games One and Two are on sale now at all Ticketmaster outlets and Save Mart Center's box office with prices beginning as low as $14, $10 for students. Twelve-game playoff packages are also on sale (the remaining balance from any home games not played may be applied toward 2006-07 season tickets or refunded) through the Falcons offices. Call the Falcons at 485-PUCK (7825) for more details.
Fresno concludes the regular season this Friday and Saturday at Save Mart Center against the Alaska Aces and Long Beach Ice Dogs, respectively. Both games begin at 7 p.m.
The first 2,000 fans on Friday will receive a Matt Thomas wind-up walker courtesy of KSEE 24 and Y101. Saturday night is Fan Appreciation Night, with the first 2,500 fans receiving a Pacific Division Champion t-shirt courtesy of Alpha Designs, CBS 47, and Mega 97.9.
Individual tickets are on sale now for both games at all Ticketmaster outlets and Save Mart Center's box office with prices ranging from $8 - $23. For complete ticket information and an arena map of Save Mart Center, visit www.fresnofalcons.com/singletickets.html, or contact the Falcons front office directly at (559) 485-PUCK (7825).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 6, 2006
- Bonk Named Runner-Up for ECHL Player of the Month - Bakersfield Condors
- Falcons vs. Gulls - First Round Kelly Cup Playoffs - Fresno Falcons
- Hurricanes hit Victoria - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Thunder Sets Up For Blade-Beating Weekend - Stockton Thunder
- Playoff Dates For Round One Announced - San Diego Gulls
- Passmore nets runner up honors for Player of the Month - Augusta Lynx
- San Diego Hosts Final Regular Season Home Game At ipayOne Center - San Diego Gulls
- More Honors For Drew - Toledo Walleye
- Chiefs to Auction St. Patty's Day Jerseys - Johnstown Chiefs
- Toledo's MacIntyre RBC Financial Group ECHL Saver Of The Month - ECHL
- Hrdel Reassigned to Chiefs - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Checkers to Play at home on April 11th - Charlotte Checkers
- Stepp Called up to AHL Chicago - Atlanta Gladiators
- Grrrowl change time of first playoff game - Greenville Grrrowl
- Lynx to relaunch website - Augusta Lynx
- Saviano receives ECHL Sportsman of the Year Award - Florida Everblades
- Florida's Saviano Wins ECHL Sportsmanship Award - ECHL
- Idaho's McConvey Named CCM TACKS ECHL Player Of The Month - ECHL
- Ernst Honored For ECHL Referee Career - ECHL
- Falcons Sign Goaltender Jeff Van Nynatten - Fresno Falcons
- 2006 CCM Man of the Year Voting Begins - Fresno Falcons
- Royals' Fifth Annual Fans' Choice Awards Banquet A Big Hit - Reading Royals
- NHL Network Game Of The Week Is Greenville At Florida - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- MacIntyre Back With Storm - Toledo Walleye
- Aces repel Thunder, 7-5 - Alaska Aces
- Alaska takes season series from Thunder in wild 7-5 loss to Aces - Stockton Thunder
- Surprise: another overtime for Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Steelheads close out regular season with 4-3 shootout win over Gulls - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.