Falcons Sign Goaltender Jeff Van Nynatten
FRESNO, Calif. - The Fresno Falcons signed goaltender Jeff Van Nynatten on Tuesday. The rookie out of Niagara University then started his first professional game later that evening and made 28 saves in a 3-2 loss to the Alaska Aces.
Van Nynatten joins the club after spending the last four seasons as Niagara's number one goaltender. He was named this season's College Hockey America Co-Player of the Year and holds the all-time conference records for career wins and minutes played. The London, Ontario, native was an eight-time CHA Defensive Player of the Week and two-time All-Academic Team member. He won the conference tournament's MVP Award as a sophomore in 2003-04.
In a separate transaction Tuesday, the Falcons placed forward J.F. Plourde on seven-day injured reserve. Plourde suffered a fractured C4 vertebra during last Sunday's 2-1 overtime loss against the Stockton Thunder.
The Falcons conclude the regular season this Friday and Saturday at Save Mart Center against the Alaska Aces and Long Beach Ice Dogs, respectively. Both games begin at 7 p.m.
The first 2,000 fans on Friday will receive a Matt Thomas wind-up walker courtesy of KSEE 24 and Y101. Saturday night is Fan Appreciation Night, with the first 2,500 fans receiving a Pacific Division Champion t-shirt courtesy of Alpha Designs, CBS 47, and Mega 97.9. Individual tickets are on sale now for both games at all Ticketmaster outlets and Save Mart Center's box office with prices ranging from $8 - $23. For complete ticket information and an arena map of Save Mart Center, visit www.fresnofalcons.com/singletickets.html, or contact the Falcons front office directly at (559) 485-PUCK (7825).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 6, 2006
- Bonk Named Runner-Up for ECHL Player of the Month - Bakersfield Condors
- Falcons vs. Gulls - First Round Kelly Cup Playoffs - Fresno Falcons
- Hurricanes hit Victoria - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Thunder Sets Up For Blade-Beating Weekend - Stockton Thunder
- Playoff Dates For Round One Announced - San Diego Gulls
- Passmore nets runner up honors for Player of the Month - Augusta Lynx
- San Diego Hosts Final Regular Season Home Game At ipayOne Center - San Diego Gulls
- More Honors For Drew - Toledo Walleye
- Chiefs to Auction St. Patty's Day Jerseys - Johnstown Chiefs
- Toledo's MacIntyre RBC Financial Group ECHL Saver Of The Month - ECHL
- Hrdel Reassigned to Chiefs - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Checkers to Play at home on April 11th - Charlotte Checkers
- Stepp Called up to AHL Chicago - Atlanta Gladiators
- Grrrowl change time of first playoff game - Greenville Grrrowl
- Lynx to relaunch website - Augusta Lynx
- Saviano receives ECHL Sportsman of the Year Award - Florida Everblades
- Florida's Saviano Wins ECHL Sportsmanship Award - ECHL
- Idaho's McConvey Named CCM TACKS ECHL Player Of The Month - ECHL
- Ernst Honored For ECHL Referee Career - ECHL
- Falcons Sign Goaltender Jeff Van Nynatten - Fresno Falcons
- 2006 CCM Man of the Year Voting Begins - Fresno Falcons
- Royals' Fifth Annual Fans' Choice Awards Banquet A Big Hit - Reading Royals
- NHL Network Game Of The Week Is Greenville At Florida - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- MacIntyre Back With Storm - Toledo Walleye
- Aces repel Thunder, 7-5 - Alaska Aces
- Alaska takes season series from Thunder in wild 7-5 loss to Aces - Stockton Thunder
- Surprise: another overtime for Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Steelheads close out regular season with 4-3 shootout win over Gulls - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.