2006 CCM Man of the Year Voting Begins
FRESNO, Calif. - The ECHL in association with The Hockey Company announced that nominations are now being accepted for the CCM Man of the Year award, presented to an ECHL player for his outstanding community service as well as sportsmanship both on and off the ice.
Forward J.F. Plourde is this season's nominee on behalf of the Falcons. "The word character' only begins to define a player like J.F.," said Falcons head coach and general manager Matt Thomas. "He is one of our best players and is well-respected among our opponents. J.F. always takes an active and leading role in our community events. As a French-Canadian, he doesn't allow the language barrier to hold him back from being a true humanitarian.'"
Jeff Attard of the Las Vegas Wranglers won the inaugural CCM Man of the Year award in 2004-05, finishing ahead of Chris Minard of Alaska and Cam Brown of Gwinnett in online voting that saw more than 1,000 entries submitted.
CCM will again donate a set of helmets, gloves and apparel to a youth hockey team of the winner's choice. The Hockey Company is the exclusive supplier of hockey sticks, helmets, visors, gloves, pants and protective equipment for all 25 teams in the ECHL as well as an official supplier of authentic and replica jerseys. The Hockey Company also has the exclusive rights to supply ECHL on-ice officials with jerseys, visors, helmets, and pants.
"CCM is proud to partner with the ECHL in honoring the 2006 CCM Man of the Year. This award was created to recognize an ECHL player that works hard on the ice and in the community, who shows commitment to the game and who is true to his work ethic and beliefs, which embodies the CCM spirit," said Len Rhodes, Vice-President Global Marketing for The Hockey Company. "The 2006 CCM Man of the Year is truly born to play."
Continuing through Apr. 15, fans will be able to log onto ECHL.com to cast ballots for the CCM ECHL Man of the Year.
The fan votes will be tabulated in conjunction with votes from ECHL general managers and coaches to determine the CCM ECHL Man of the Year. Entries can also be submitted by clicking the "CCM ECHL Man of the Year" advertisement on the ECHL.com Network banner.
The Falcons conclude the regular season this Friday and Saturday at Save Mart Center against the Alaska Aces and Long Beach Ice Dogs, respectively. Both games begin at 7 p.m.
The first 2,000 fans on Friday will receive a Matt Thomas wind-up walker courtesy of KSEE 24 and Y101. Saturday night is Fan Appreciation Night, with the first 2,500 fans receiving a Pacific Division Champion t-shirt courtesy of Alpha Designs, CBS 47, and Mega 97.9.
Individual tickets are on sale now for both games at all Ticketmaster outlets and Save Mart Center's box office with prices ranging from $8 - $23. For complete ticket information and an arena map of Save Mart Center, visit www.fresnofalcons.com/singletickets.html, or contact the Falcons front office directly at (559) 485-PUCK (7825).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 6, 2006
- Bonk Named Runner-Up for ECHL Player of the Month - Bakersfield Condors
- Falcons vs. Gulls - First Round Kelly Cup Playoffs - Fresno Falcons
- Hurricanes hit Victoria - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Thunder Sets Up For Blade-Beating Weekend - Stockton Thunder
- Playoff Dates For Round One Announced - San Diego Gulls
- Passmore nets runner up honors for Player of the Month - Augusta Lynx
- San Diego Hosts Final Regular Season Home Game At ipayOne Center - San Diego Gulls
- More Honors For Drew - Toledo Walleye
- Chiefs to Auction St. Patty's Day Jerseys - Johnstown Chiefs
- Toledo's MacIntyre RBC Financial Group ECHL Saver Of The Month - ECHL
- Hrdel Reassigned to Chiefs - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Checkers to Play at home on April 11th - Charlotte Checkers
- Stepp Called up to AHL Chicago - Atlanta Gladiators
- Grrrowl change time of first playoff game - Greenville Grrrowl
- Lynx to relaunch website - Augusta Lynx
- Saviano receives ECHL Sportsman of the Year Award - Florida Everblades
- Florida's Saviano Wins ECHL Sportsmanship Award - ECHL
- Idaho's McConvey Named CCM TACKS ECHL Player Of The Month - ECHL
- Ernst Honored For ECHL Referee Career - ECHL
- Falcons Sign Goaltender Jeff Van Nynatten - Fresno Falcons
- 2006 CCM Man of the Year Voting Begins - Fresno Falcons
- Royals' Fifth Annual Fans' Choice Awards Banquet A Big Hit - Reading Royals
- NHL Network Game Of The Week Is Greenville At Florida - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- MacIntyre Back With Storm - Toledo Walleye
- Aces repel Thunder, 7-5 - Alaska Aces
- Alaska takes season series from Thunder in wild 7-5 loss to Aces - Stockton Thunder
- Surprise: another overtime for Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Steelheads close out regular season with 4-3 shootout win over Gulls - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.