Express Finish Ahead of Chasers in Extras 7-6
Omaha struck first when C Nick Dini (1-4, 2 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI) blasted a two-run line drive over the fence in left field. RF Brett Phillips (2-3, 1 R, 2 H, 2 RBI) came up later that inning to hit an opposite field solo shot for his 10th this season. Taylor Jones (2-5, 2 R, 2 H, 2 HR, 4 RBI) knocked in Round Rock's first run in the bottom of the fourth. CF Drew Ferguson (1-4, 0 R, 1 H, 1 RBI) tied the game in the bottom of the 8th with a shot to left field. Phillips' second RBI of the game came in extra innings in the form of a go-ahead sacrifice fly that drove in Dini. O'Hearn also lashed an RBI sac fly in the tenth to push the Chasers past the Express by two runs late. But Omaha's lead quickly vanished with a three-run walk-off long ball by Jones.
Eric Skoglund (6.0 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 3 K) started for Omaha and pitched six innings, allowing 3 runs. Josh Staumont (1.2 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 1 ER 1 BB, 1 K), Richard Lovelady (1.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 K) and Andres Machado (0.1 IP, 1 H, 3 R, 2 ER 1 BB), came in as relievers. Machado eventually suffered the loss. For Round Rock, the majority of the pitching load was on Kent Emanuel (5.1 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K) who kept the Chasers at bay, allowing no runs in more than five innings of work in relief, though it was Felipe Paulino (1.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 K, 0 BB) who notched the eventual win.
The two teams face off for the fifth and final game of the series on Wednesday evening with the first pitch at 7:05pm CST.
Omaha returns to Werner Park on Thursday July 4 to start a four-game set with the Nashville Sounds, with that night's series opener featuring the "Biggest Fireworks in the Omaha Metro" as part of the 51st Annual First National Bank Independence Fireworks Spectacular. First pitch of the series opener is scheduled for 7:05pm CT.
Tickets for that game and all remaining Storm Chasers home contests can be purchased online at www.omahastormchasers.com, or by calling the Werner Park Ticket Office from noon until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (402) 738-5100.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 3, 2019
- Vegas Stuns Reno with Final Frame Comeback - Reno Aces
- Gettys' Blast the Big Hit in Chihuahuas' Win - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Franco backs River Cats' win with strong showing - Sacramento River Cats
- Freeland Brilliant, But Bats Fall Silent in 1-0 Shutout - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chihuahuas bark up 8-4 win against Grizzlies - Fresno Grizzlies
- Round Rock Storms Back to Top Omaha in 9-8 Walkoff Victory - Round Rock Express
- Sounds Blare with 12-Run Inning - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 12-Run Inning Lifts Sounds Past Dodgers - Nashville Sounds
- Sellout Crowd Celebrates Independence Day at AutoZone Park - Memphis Redbirds
- Berm Seating for Tomorrow's Independence Day Game on Sale Now - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Iowa Captures Series in San Antonio - Iowa Cubs
- Missions Fall to Cubs, Drop Five Game Series - San Antonio Missions
- Garcia Selected by Chicago - Iowa Cubs
- Salt Lake Bees Host July 4th Weekend Series - Salt Lake Bees
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (37-47) vs. Oklahoma City Dodgers (34-49) - Nashville Sounds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 3, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Iowa Cubs - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators' Franklin Barreto Named PCL Player of the Month - Las Vegas Aviators
- Baby Cakes' Diaz, Harrison to Play in Futures Game - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Storm Chasers Homestand Highlights: July 4-7 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (35-50) vs New Orleans Baby Cakes (46-39) - Memphis Redbirds
- Bees Sweep Tacoma Twinbill - Salt Lake Bees
- Barreto Announced as Pacific Coast League Player of the Month for June - PCL
- I-Cubs to Host 11th Annual Naturalization Ceremony on Independence Day - Iowa Cubs
- Baseball Hall of Fame Catcher Johnny Bench Joins Grassroots Baseball Saturday at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Rainiers Fall in Extras, Swept by Bees in Doubleheader - Tacoma Rainiers
- Coming Through in the Clutch Once Again - San Antonio Missions
- Reyes De Plata Keep Rolling, Hold off Reno 8-7 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Express Finish Ahead of Chasers in Extras 7-6 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Cron's Two Homers Not Enough in 8-7 Loss - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.