Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 24, 2019
The San Jose Earthquakes bowed out of the 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup after suffering a 3-1 defeat in a Round of 16 match against LAFC on Thursday night at Banc of California Stadium. Midfielder Vako scored San Jose's lone goal in the seventh minute, but the Earthquakes were unable to hold their advantage.
The Earthquakes resume MLS action this week with a pair of home matches in the Bay Area. The Earthquakes will host the Houston Dynamo on Wednesday, June 26 at Avaya Stadium (7:15 p.m. PT), presented by Erik's Delicafe, and will take on the LA Galaxy in the eighth installment of the California Clasico at Stanford Stadium on Saturday, June 29 (6:30 p.m. PT), presented by Sutter Health.
Wednesday's match against the Houston Dynamo will be broadcast on NBCSBA, KNBR 1050 and 1370 KZSF. Saturday's match against the LA Galaxy can be seen on NBCSCA+ and heard on KNBR 1050 and 1370 KSF. Tickets for Wednesday's match are available for purchase here. Tickets for the 2019 edition of the California Clasico are in high demand. Purchase yours today!
San Jose is currently on a four-match unbeaten streak (2-0-2) dating back to May 18. It marks their second unbeaten streak of four or more games already this season. The Quakes' home unbeaten streak is currently at five matches dating back to April 6.
The Earthquakes are 5-2-4 in their last 11 matches, their best 11-match stretch in a single season since Aug. 14 - Oct. 16, 2015 (6-2-3).
Wednesday night's match will be the second time San Jose face the Houston Dynamo in 2019. The Earthquakes fell 2-1 to Houston in April, bringing them to 1-2-1 in their last four matches against the Texas side.
Good Run on The Farm
The Earthquakes are 4-1-2 all-time against the LA Galaxy at Stanford Stadium and haven't lost since 2014.
THIS WEEK IN EARTHQUAKES HISTORY
June 29, 2016 - Announced multi-year USL affiliate partnership with Reno 1868 FC
The San Jose Earthquakes announced that the club had signed a two-year USL affiliate partnership with Reno 1868 FC beginning in the 2017 season. In 2018, San Jose extended their affiliate partnership with Reno 1868 FC through the end of the 2019 season, with an option for 2020.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 24, 2019
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 24, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Midfielder Diego Valeri Named MLS Player of the Week - Portland Timbers
- Portland Timbers Midfielder Diego Valeri Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Orlando City Travels to D.C. United for Wednesday Match - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: June 24, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Announces Collaboration with Elysian Brewing on New Beer Release - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Exercises 2020 Contract Option of Midfielder Latif Blessing - Los Angeles FC
- Orlando City SC Recalls Mason Stajduhar from Loan - Orlando City SC
- Diego Rossi and Mark-Anthony Kaye Make Final 2019 MLS All-Star Game Roster - Los Angeles FC
- Nicolas Lodeiro Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Game Roster - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake GK Nick Rimando Earns Eighth MLS All-Star Selection - Real Salt Lake
- Paxton Pomykal and Matt Hedges Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - FC Dallas
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: June 24, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- New York City FC Signs Gary Mackay-Steven - New York City FC
- LA Galaxy to Host Watch Party for U.S. Women's National Team Match vs. Spain - LA Galaxy
- Timbers Midfielder Diego Chara Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Roster - Portland Timbers
- Kemar Lawrence Named to Roster for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - New York Red Bulls
- Josef Martinez Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Team - Atlanta United FC
- Pozuelo Selected for 2019 MLS All-Star Game - Toronto FC
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Team - San Jose Earthquakes
- Romain Metanire Named a 2019 MLS All-Star - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Reveals 26-Man Roster for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - D.C. United
- Philadelphia Union Goalkeeper Andre Blake Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Game Roster - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire Defender Bastian Schweinsteiger Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Team - Chicago Fire
- MLS Reveals 26-Man Roster for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - MLS
- New York City FC Sends Five Young Leaders to Fifth Annual Young Leaders Summit at City Football Academy in Manchester - New York City FC
- Know Your Opponent | D.C. United - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 18, 2019
- Earthquakes Acquire SuperDraft Selection in Trade with Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: November 11, 2019
- Earthquakes Sign 14-Year-Old Goalkeeper Emmanuel Ochoa as Homegrown Player
- Earthquakes to Offer Military Discount on 2020 Season Tickets