Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: June 24, 2019
BRIDGEVIEW, Ill. - The Chicago Fire Soccer Club will travel to face the New York Red Bulls at Red Bull Arena in a nationally televised match on Friday, June 28. Scheduled to begin at 7:00 p.m. CT, the game will be broadcast live on UniMás (Spanish), Twitter (English) and transmitted locally in Spanish on Univision Radio WRTO AM 1200.
The Fire enter Friday's game after recording a 1-1 draw against Real Salt Lake at SeatGeek Stadium on June 22. With the draw, the Men in Red extended its home unbeaten run to seven games (4-0-3 since March 30). Midfielder Aleksandar Katai scored the Fire's goal against RSL, tallying his fourth of the season.
Friday's contest marks the 58th all-time matchup between the Fire and the Red Bulls since 1998. The Fire currently lead the head-to-head regular season series with a 27-18-12 record, which ranks as the Club's highest number of wins and points (93) against a single opponent in MLS. Friday's match will mark the second meeting between the two teams in 2019. The Fire previously defeated the Red Bulls 1-0 on March 30 at SeatGeek Stadium.
The Red Bulls (7-6-3, 24 points) currently sit in fifth place in the Eastern Conference standings. The team's most recent match resulted in a 3-2 loss to the New England Revolution in the fourth round of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. New York's last regular season match occurred on June 8, with the Red Bulls falling 3-2 to the Philadelphia Union at Talen Energy Stadium. In its first nine home games, the Red Bulls have posted a 5-3-1 record. Forward Brian White leads the team in goals scored (four).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 24, 2019
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 24, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Midfielder Diego Valeri Named MLS Player of the Week - Portland Timbers
- Portland Timbers Midfielder Diego Valeri Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Orlando City Travels to D.C. United for Wednesday Match - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: June 24, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Announces Collaboration with Elysian Brewing on New Beer Release - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Exercises 2020 Contract Option of Midfielder Latif Blessing - Los Angeles FC
- Orlando City SC Recalls Mason Stajduhar from Loan - Orlando City SC
- Diego Rossi and Mark-Anthony Kaye Make Final 2019 MLS All-Star Game Roster - Los Angeles FC
- Nicolas Lodeiro Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Game Roster - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake GK Nick Rimando Earns Eighth MLS All-Star Selection - Real Salt Lake
- Paxton Pomykal and Matt Hedges Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - FC Dallas
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: June 24, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- New York City FC Signs Gary Mackay-Steven - New York City FC
- LA Galaxy to Host Watch Party for U.S. Women's National Team Match vs. Spain - LA Galaxy
- Timbers Midfielder Diego Chara Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Roster - Portland Timbers
- Kemar Lawrence Named to Roster for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - New York Red Bulls
- Josef Martinez Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Team - Atlanta United FC
- Pozuelo Selected for 2019 MLS All-Star Game - Toronto FC
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Team - San Jose Earthquakes
- Romain Metanire Named a 2019 MLS All-Star - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Reveals 26-Man Roster for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - D.C. United
- Philadelphia Union Goalkeeper Andre Blake Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Game Roster - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire Defender Bastian Schweinsteiger Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Team - Chicago Fire
- MLS Reveals 26-Man Roster for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - MLS
- New York City FC Sends Five Young Leaders to Fifth Annual Young Leaders Summit at City Football Academy in Manchester - New York City FC
- Know Your Opponent | D.C. United - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires 21-Year-Old Defender Jhon Espinoza
- Robert Beric and Mauricio Pineda Announced as 2020 Chicago Fire FC Award Winners
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires 20-Year-Old Nigerian Striker Chinonso Offor
- Chicago Fire FC Homegrown Goalkeeper Chris Brady Named USL League One Young Player of the Year
- Chicago Fire FC Exercise 2021 Contract Options on Four Players