FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: June 24, 2019
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati will be back on the road when they travel to play Minnesota United FC on Saturday, June 29. The match will kick off at 4 p.m. ET at Allianz Field in St. Paul, Minn. The game will be televised nationally on ESPN, streamed nationally on WatchESPN and carried on the radio on WDJO, while an audio stream will be available on the TuneIn app and fccincinnati.com.
FC Cincinnati (3-12-2, 11 pts.) enter the week after falling to the LA Galaxy, 2-0, on Saturday night at Nippert Stadium. Forward Rashawn Dally made his MLS debut and recorded a team-high two shots on goal for the Orange and Blue.
Minnesota United FC (6-7-3, 21 pts.) will resume MLS play following a 20-day break since their most recent league match at Colorado on June 8. During the break, the Loons defeated Sporting Kansas City, 4-1, and the Houston Dynamo, 3-2, in the U.S. Open Cup to advance to the quarterfinal round.
Saturday's match will be the second-ever meeting between the two sides. FC Cincinnati and Minnesota United FC played each other at Nippert Stadium on June 6, 2018 in the Fourth Round of the 2018 Lamar Hunt U.S Open Cup. After the two teams played a scoreless 120 minutes, Minnesota advanced on penalties, 3-1.
MLS Debut for Dally
Forward Rashawn Dally made his MLS debut for the Orange and Blue when he started against the LA Galaxy ... the forward recorded three shots, including a team-high two on target, in 73 minutes ... Dally became FCC's second 2019 MLS SuperDraft selection to appear in an MLS match this season ... Frankie Amaya - FC Cincinnati's first selection in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft - has made nine MLS appearances - seven of which have come in FCC's last seven matches
Passing was Paramount
FC Cincinnati completed 478-of-567 passes against the LA Galaxy for a season-high 84.3% passing accuracy ... 11 FC Cincinnati players had a passing accuracy of 80% or higher in the match ... The Orange and Blue have now posted a passing accuracy of 80% or better in five matches this season
Prime Position for Possession
The Orange and Blue recorded a season-best 64.5% possession percentage against the LA Galaxy, including a 67.7% mark in the second half ... Saturday marked the first time FC Cincinnati has had more than 60% possession in a single match this season ... FCC has had more possession than their opponent in five matches this season
Chance Creation All Over the Pitch
Nine different FC Cincinnati players created at least once chance in FCC's match against the LA Galaxy ... that total is the Orange and Blue's second-highest total of the season ... 10 different players created at least one chance at Philadelphia on May 1
Bertone to Miss Match at Minnesota United
After receiving his fifth yellow card of the season against the LA Galaxy, Leonardo Bertone will not be available for selection for FC Cincinnati at Minnesota United on June 29 ... Bertone will become the second FC Cincinnati player to miss a match this season because of yellow card accumulation ... Kendall Waston was unavailable for selection at the Colorado Rapids on June 1 after he received his fifth yellow card against the New York Red Bulls on May 25 ... with two yellow cards apiece, Nick Hagglund, Justin Hoyte and Forrest Lasso are the only other FCC players to receive multiple yellow cards this season
Alashe Makes First Start at Right Back
Fatai Alashe earned his first career start at right back against the LA Galaxy ... with FCC having a combined three defender absences because of injury and international duty, Alashe was called upon to fill in as a defender for the first time as an FC Cincinnati player ... the midfielder previously played center back for the San Jose Earthquakes as recently as 2017
Shorthanded Bench for First Time
Saturday night's match against the LA Galaxy marked the first time in club history that FC Cincinnati was unable to fill their entire 18-man matchday roster in a league match, USL (2016-18) or MLS (2019) ... FCC had three players - Fanendo Adi (hamstring), Greg Garza (calf) and Roland Lamah (hamstring) - unavailable because of injury ... additionally, four players - Allan Cruz (Costa Rica), Darren Mattocks (Jamaica), Alvas Powell (Jamaica) and Kendall Waston (Costa Rica) - were unavailable because of international duty ... FCC had 16 players available for their U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round match against Louisville City FC on June 12 ... one week later, the Orange and Blue had 17 players available for their Round of 16 match at Saint Louis FC on June 19
Following Saturday's game at Minnesota, FC Cincinnati will host the Houston Dynamo in a special "Americana" celebration on Saturday, July 6. The match will be televised locally on WSTR Star64, streamed regionally on FloFC, out of market on ESPN+ and carried on the radio on WDJO, while an audio stream will be available on the TuneIn app and fccincinnati.com.
All tickets for the game are on sale at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-5425 (KICK). Pick-Six mini plans, and individual-game tickets and group options are on sale for all remaining games.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 24, 2019
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 24, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Midfielder Diego Valeri Named MLS Player of the Week - Portland Timbers
- Portland Timbers Midfielder Diego Valeri Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Orlando City Travels to D.C. United for Wednesday Match - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: June 24, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Announces Collaboration with Elysian Brewing on New Beer Release - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Exercises 2020 Contract Option of Midfielder Latif Blessing - Los Angeles FC
- Orlando City SC Recalls Mason Stajduhar from Loan - Orlando City SC
- Diego Rossi and Mark-Anthony Kaye Make Final 2019 MLS All-Star Game Roster - Los Angeles FC
- Nicolas Lodeiro Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Game Roster - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake GK Nick Rimando Earns Eighth MLS All-Star Selection - Real Salt Lake
- Paxton Pomykal and Matt Hedges Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - FC Dallas
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: June 24, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- New York City FC Signs Gary Mackay-Steven - New York City FC
- LA Galaxy to Host Watch Party for U.S. Women's National Team Match vs. Spain - LA Galaxy
- Timbers Midfielder Diego Chara Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Roster - Portland Timbers
- Kemar Lawrence Named to Roster for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - New York Red Bulls
- Josef Martinez Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Team - Atlanta United FC
- Pozuelo Selected for 2019 MLS All-Star Game - Toronto FC
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Team - San Jose Earthquakes
- Romain Metanire Named a 2019 MLS All-Star - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Reveals 26-Man Roster for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - D.C. United
- Philadelphia Union Goalkeeper Andre Blake Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Game Roster - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire Defender Bastian Schweinsteiger Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Team - Chicago Fire
- MLS Reveals 26-Man Roster for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - MLS
- New York City FC Sends Five Young Leaders to Fifth Annual Young Leaders Summit at City Football Academy in Manchester - New York City FC
- Know Your Opponent | D.C. United - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- Head coach Jaap Stam to join Friday's Braxton Brewing Co. Virtual Happy Hour on Friday
- Final West End Stadium Seat Design Released; Choice Determined Via Fan Vote and Feedback
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: May 26, 2020
- Jaap Stam Named FC Cincinnati Head Coach
- FC Cincinnati expand club's player development pyramid