Diego Rossi and Mark-Anthony Kaye Make Final 2019 MLS All-Star Game Roster
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) forward Diego Rossi and midfielder Mark-Anthony Kaye were selected to the 26-man 2019 MLS All-Star Game roster by head coach James O'Connor. Rossi and Kaye will join Fan XI starters Carlos Vela and Walker Zimmerman for a Club-high four selections in this year's All-Star contest.
The MLS All-Stars will take on 10-time Spanish champions Atlético Madrid at Orlando City Stadium in Orlando on Wednesday, July 31 in the 2019 MLS All-Star Game presented by Target. The summer showcase will air on FS1, UniMás, TSN and TVA Sports domestically as well as across more than 170 countries globally.
In his second season with LAFC, Rossi has helped LAFC to first place in the Western Conference behind eight goals, tied for fourth in the league. Last season, Rossi helped LAFC finish with the most points ever for an expansion club after registering 12 goals and nine assists. The 21-year-old has represented Uruguay at multiple levels, helping the U-20 team win the South American championship.
After his breakthrough season with LAFC last year was cut short due to injury, Kaye has bounced back with three goals and five assists in 15 appearances for the Black & Gold in 2019, and has been named to the MLS Team of the Week three times. Kaye has represented Canada at two Concacaf Gold Cups (2017, 2019), including starts in two of the first three matches at this year's tournament.
Last week, Vela and Zimmerman were voted by MLS fans to the 2019 MLS All-Star Fan XI presented by Target. Zimmerman, Rossi and Kaye will appear in their first-ever All-Star Game, while Vela will participate in his second in as many years.
This impressive collection of MLS stars will face Atlético de Madrid, whose ten La Liga championships rank among the top three in Spain. The iconic club has won 30 trophies across all competitions, including Europa League in 2018, and finished second in La Liga in 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 24, 2019
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: June 24, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers Midfielder Diego Valeri Named MLS Player of the Week - Portland Timbers
- Portland Timbers Midfielder Diego Valeri Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Orlando City Travels to D.C. United for Wednesday Match - Orlando City SC
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: June 24, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- Sounders FC Announces Collaboration with Elysian Brewing on New Beer Release - Seattle Sounders FC
- LAFC Exercises 2020 Contract Option of Midfielder Latif Blessing - Los Angeles FC
- Orlando City SC Recalls Mason Stajduhar from Loan - Orlando City SC
- Diego Rossi and Mark-Anthony Kaye Make Final 2019 MLS All-Star Game Roster - Los Angeles FC
- Nicolas Lodeiro Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Game Roster - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake GK Nick Rimando Earns Eighth MLS All-Star Selection - Real Salt Lake
- Paxton Pomykal and Matt Hedges Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - FC Dallas
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: June 24, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- New York City FC Signs Gary Mackay-Steven - New York City FC
- LA Galaxy to Host Watch Party for U.S. Women's National Team Match vs. Spain - LA Galaxy
- Timbers Midfielder Diego Chara Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Roster - Portland Timbers
- Kemar Lawrence Named to Roster for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - New York Red Bulls
- Josef Martinez Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Team - Atlanta United FC
- Pozuelo Selected for 2019 MLS All-Star Game - Toronto FC
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Team - San Jose Earthquakes
- Romain Metanire Named a 2019 MLS All-Star - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Reveals 26-Man Roster for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - D.C. United
- Philadelphia Union Goalkeeper Andre Blake Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Game Roster - Philadelphia Union
- Chicago Fire Defender Bastian Schweinsteiger Named to 2019 MLS All-Star Team - Chicago Fire
- MLS Reveals 26-Man Roster for 2019 MLS All-Star Game Presented by Target - MLS
- New York City FC Sends Five Young Leaders to Fifth Annual Young Leaders Summit at City Football Academy in Manchester - New York City FC
- Know Your Opponent | D.C. United - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Falls 3-2 against the Galaxy on Friday Night at Dignity Health Sports Park
- Los Angeles Football Club Partners with Satisfi Labs to Launch In-Stadium Order-Ahead on Apple Business Chat
- LAFC and Galaxy Face off on Friday Night at Dignity Health Sports Park
- LAFC Defeats Houston Dynamo 3-1 on Friday Evening
- LAFC Falls to Portland Timbers 1-0 in Quarterfinals of 2019 U.S. Open Cup