Eagles Sweep Road Trip with 3-1 Win over San Antonio
SAN ANTONIO, TX. - Josh Dickinson notched a pair of assists, while fellow forwards Jacob MacDonald, Erik Condra and Igor Shvyrev all netted goals, as the Colorado Eagles defeated the San Antonio Rampage, 3-1 on Tuesday. Eagles goaltender Hunter Miska was stellar in net, stopping 38 of the 39 shots he faced. Colorado's victory, combined with the Eagles 5-2 win at Texas on Saturday, gave Colorado a perfect 2-0 mark on the team's two-game road trip through the Lone Star State. The victory also improves the Eagles road record to 5-2 on the season.
Colorado would open the scoring when Dickinson created a turnover at his own blue line and flew down the right-wing boards. Dickinson would fire a shot on net that would rebound into the slot and MacDonald would hammer it into the back of the net. The goal would give the Eagles a 1-0 edge just 5:29 into the contest and Colorado would carry that 1-0 lead into the first intermission.
The Eagles advantage would stretch to a 2-0 when Condra skated from the side of the net to the top of the crease and fed the puck past Rampage goalie Adam Wilcox with 2:18 left to play in the middle frame.
A late power play would get San Antonio onto the scoreboard, as forward Cam Darcy buried a slapshot from the top of the right-wing circle to trim Colorado's lead to 2-1 with 3.3 seconds remaining in the second period.
Moving into the final 20 minutes of action, a tenacious forecheck from Julien Nantel saw Nantel strip the puck from Wilcox behind the net. Nantel would then find Shvyrev in the slot where he would backhand a shot into the cage to stretch the Eagles advantage to 3-1 at the 10:59 mark of the third period.
San Antonio would earn a power play in the final two minutes of the contest and the Rampage would up the stakes by pulling Wilcox in favor of the extra attacker. The move would create a series of chances for San Antonio, but some outstanding play from Miska and company would prevent the Rampage from drawing closer, as Colorado would hold on for the 3-1 win.
The Eagles were outshot in the contest, 39-19. Colorado finished 0-for-2 on the power play, while San Antonio scored on one of two opportunities on the man-advantage.
Colorado returns to action when the Eagles return home to take on the Bakersfield Condors on Friday, November 15th at 7:05pm MT at the Budweiser Events Center.
Tickets for all regular season contests are on sale now and can be purchased at ColoradoEagles.com or by calling (970) 686-SHOT.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 12, 2019
- Monsters Drop 4-2 Decision to Griffins - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Raise Record $37,645 for Charity Through Moon Landing Jersey Auction - Bakersfield Condors
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Prepares for Baby Pens and Defending Champs - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Goaltender Zach Fucale to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Capitals Loan Riley Sutter to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- 'Canes Reassign Luostarinen to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Rampage Silenced by Miska in Loss to Eagles - San Antonio Rampage
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 6 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Eagles Sweep Road Trip with 3-1 Win over San Antonio - Colorado Eagles
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Adam Clendening to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Kings Recall Matt Luff - Ontario Reign
- Weekly: Penguins Defense Clamps Down in Last Two Wins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Battle Monsters and IceHogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Thunderbirds Host 3rd Annual T-Birds 101 School Day Game - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Ottawa Assigns Balcers to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Specialty Jerseys Available for Purchase on Dash Starting this Season - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Eagles Stories
- Colorado Eagles Add Toughness, Scoring with O'Brien
- Pot of Gold Fundraiser Begins with $30,000 Donation to Three-Year Old Cancer Patient
- Eagles Re-Sign Wegwerth to AHL Two-Way Contract
- Colorado Eagles Re-Sign Davis, Tischke
- Eagles Ink Pair of Defensemen in Abt, Scheid