Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Adam Clendening to Monsters
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters, top affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced Tuesday that the Blue Jackets assigned defenseman Adam Clendening to the Monsters. In 11 appearances for Cleveland this season, Clendening supplied 2-5-7 with 12 penalty minutes and a +5 rating.
A 6'0", 196 lb., right-handed native of Niagara Falls, NY, Clendening, 27, was selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the second round (36th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. In 90 career NHL appearances for Columbus, Chicago, the Vancouver Canucks, Pittsburgh Penguins, Edmonton Oilers, New York Rangers and Arizona Coyotes spanning parts of five seasons from 2014-19, Clendening supplied 4-20-24 with 42 penalty minutes and a +11 rating. In 317 career AHL appearances for the Rockford IceHogs, Utica Comets, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, Tucson Roadrunners and the Monsters spanning parts of seven seasons from 2012-19, Clendening contributed 34-171-205 with 377 penalty minutes and a +54 rating. Clendening competed in the 2012-13 AHL All-Star Game and was named to the 2013-14 AHL First All-Star Team and the 2012-13 AHL Second All-Star Team.
Prior to his professional career, Clendening notched 9-50-59 with 144 penalty minutes and a +19 rating in 77 NCAA appearances for Boston University spanning two seasons from 2010-12 and added 4-13-17 with 44 penalty minutes and a +16 rating in 26 USHL appearances for USA Hockey's National Team Development Program during the 2009-10 season. Clendening additionally competed for Team USA at the 2012 IIHF U20 World Junior Championships.
2019-20 Monsters Single Game Tickets are on sale NOW starting at ONLY $10 PER SEAT! Monsters Hockey Club Memberships are also available, providing members the lowest possible ticket prices, best seat locations, exclusive members only events like the Monsters' annual Meet the Team party and an exclusive, FREE Monsters Jersey or Hoodie! Group outing and birthday bash packages for ten or more people are also on sale now. All tickets can be purchased at www.ClevelandMonsters.com/tickets, by calling (216) 420-0000 or by visiting any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart. Stay up to date on all Monsters news with the Monsters Mobile App presented by University Hospitals available to download at the Apple Store or Google Play Store. Be sure to follow the Monsters on Twitter @monstershockey, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/monstershockey, and on Instagram @monstershockey.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 12, 2019
- Monsters Drop 4-2 Decision to Griffins - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Raise Record $37,645 for Charity Through Moon Landing Jersey Auction - Bakersfield Condors
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Prepares for Baby Pens and Defending Champs - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Goaltender Zach Fucale to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Capitals Loan Riley Sutter to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- 'Canes Reassign Luostarinen to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Rampage Silenced by Miska in Loss to Eagles - San Antonio Rampage
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 6 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Eagles Sweep Road Trip with 3-1 Win over San Antonio - Colorado Eagles
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Adam Clendening to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Kings Recall Matt Luff - Ontario Reign
- Weekly: Penguins Defense Clamps Down in Last Two Wins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Battle Monsters and IceHogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Thunderbirds Host 3rd Annual T-Birds 101 School Day Game - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Ottawa Assigns Balcers to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Specialty Jerseys Available for Purchase on Dash Starting this Season - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Stumble in 7-1 Loss to Senators
- Monsters' 6-2 Victory Snaps Senators Win Streak
- Penalties Hurt Monsters in 3-2 Loss to Rocket
- Monsters Team up with Physicians Ambulance to Present Season of Giving
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Andrew Peeke, Monsters Sign Jason Binkley to Pro Tryout Contract