Phantoms Power Play
Phantoms In The Community:
Some Lehigh Valley Phantoms players and meLVin stopped by the Lehigh Valley Reilly Children's Hospital to help cheer up some kids who were in the hospital last week. Nate Prosser, Tyler Wotherspoon and Kyle Criscuolo joined meLVin to visit a few kids and try to lift their spirits and keep them company for an afternoon.
Phantoms On The Ice:
Wednesday, November 6, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 4, W-B/Scranton Penguins 2
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms started the week with a 4-2 victory over the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins in their first Wednesday game of the season. Kyle Criscuolo tallied three points including two goals in the win and Cal O'Reilly, Greg Carey, and T.J. Brennan all had multi-point games.
Friday, November 9, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 3, Hershey Bears 2 (OT)
The Phantoms finally picked up their first overtime win of the year with a 3-2 win against the Hershey Bears on Friday. Andy Welinski scored the game-winner with 33 seconds remaining in OT and Alex Lyon made 28 saves on 30 shots, including four in overtime.
Sunday, November 10, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 2, Hershey Bears 3 (SO)
Lehigh Valley and Hershey would need extra time for the third straight meeting as the Sunday rematch extended all the way to a shootout where the Phantoms eventually fell to Hershey 3-2. The Phantoms have now earned at least a point in 11 out of 13 games this season.
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
vs. Springfield Thunderbirds - MassMutual Center
Lehigh Valley will head to Springfield for a morning matchup with the Springfield Thunderbirds at 10:35 a.m. on Wednesday. It is the first of two trips to Springfield and second of four overall meetings between the two after Springfield won 4-3 in a shootout on October 19 at PPL Center. Nic Aube-Kubel and Morgan Frost each scored in the third period to force overtime and earn a point for the Phantoms.
Friday, November 15, 2019
vs. Binghamton Devils - Veterans Memorial Arena
The Phantoms will continue their road trip as they travel up to Binghamton on Friday night. Binghamton currently sits in last place in the North Division and Lehigh Valley picked up a 4-1 win against the Devils on October 18 thanks to goals from Mikhail Vorobyev, Joel Farabee, and a pair from Andy Andreoff. Alex Lyon made 24 saves on 25 shots in the win.
Sunday, November 16, 2019
vs. WBS Penguins - Mohegan Sun Arena
The road trip will conclude back in Pennsylvania on Sunday with a stop in Wilkes-Barre to face the Penguins for the fourth time already this season. Lehigh Valley is 2-0-1 against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton this year and Greg Carey has tallied five points in the three games against the Penguins.
3 Stars of the Week:
Fine and Andy
Defenseman Andy Welinski was the hero in Saturday night's matchup with the Hershey Bears as he scored the overtime winner 33 seconds remaining to give the Phantoms a 3-2 victory. It was the first overtime goal of Welinski's career.
Kyle Criscuolo notched his fist multi-point game with Lehigh Valley with three points on November 6 against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, including his 100th pro point. He scored two goals in the win against the Penguins, his first two-goal game since February 16, 2018, which also came against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins when he was a member of the Rochester Americans.
Free Hockey For All
With back-to-back overtime games this weekend against Hershey, the Phantoms have now played six overtime games, second-most in the AHL. Four of those games have extended to a shootout, tied for the most in the AHL.
Service Electric's TV2 Sports will again be broadcasting all of the Phantoms' regular season home games live during the 2019-20 season. If you can't make it out to the rink, be sure to catch all the exciting action in high definition with Steve Degler, Todd Fedoruk, Doug Heater, Dan Fremuth and Kristi Fulkerson!
And be sure to catch each and every Phantoms game this season live on 1470-AM WSAN, 790-AM WAEB or via the Phantoms365 app! Join Bob Rotruck, for all of the heart-pumping action of Lehigh Valley Phantoms hockey whether the team is at home or on the road.
TICKETS & INFO
Tickets for each and every Phantoms home game throughout the 2019-20 season are available online at PhantomsHockey.com, by calling 610-224-GOAL  or in-person at the QNB Box Office [7th & Hamilton].
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 12, 2019
- Monsters Drop 4-2 Decision to Griffins - Cleveland Monsters
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Raise Record $37,645 for Charity Through Moon Landing Jersey Auction - Bakersfield Condors
- Bears Weekly: Hershey Prepares for Baby Pens and Defending Champs - Hershey Bears
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Goaltender Zach Fucale to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Capitals Loan Riley Sutter to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- 'Canes Reassign Luostarinen to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Rampage Silenced by Miska in Loss to Eagles - San Antonio Rampage
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 6 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Eagles Sweep Road Trip with 3-1 Win over San Antonio - Colorado Eagles
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Adam Clendening to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Kings Recall Matt Luff - Ontario Reign
- Weekly: Penguins Defense Clamps Down in Last Two Wins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Griffins Battle Monsters and IceHogs - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Thunderbirds Host 3rd Annual T-Birds 101 School Day Game - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Ottawa Assigns Balcers to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Specialty Jerseys Available for Purchase on Dash Starting this Season - Rochester Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- PPL Center Selected to Host NCAA DI Men's Ice Hockey Regionals in 2022, 2023, and 2025
- Phantoms Sign D Logan Day to a One-Year Deal
- Flyers Sign Alex Lyon to a One-Year Contract Extension
- Flyers Sign Nicolas Aube-Kubel to a Two-Year Contract Extension
- Phantoms Sign Two Forwards to AHL Contracts