Dragons Notes for Thursday
Thursday, June 20, 2019 l Game # 1 (71)
Fifth Third Field l Dayton, Ohio l 7:00 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Lansing Lugnuts (0-0, 32-37) at Dayton Dragons (0-0, 28-42)
RH Sean Wymer (3-5, 7.09) vs. RH Lyon Richardson (1-4, 4.10)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Lansing Lugnuts (affiliate of the Toronto Blue Jays) in the first game of a four-game series and the Second Half season-opener.
The Dragons finished the first half with a 28-42 record. In the half, they finished 13th in Team Batting (.225); 14th in Runs; 16th in Team Pitching (4.51 ERA); and 14th in Team Fielding Percentage (95 errors in 70 games).
In the month of June, the Dragons have a record of 11-4. In June, they are sixth in the MWL in team batting (.238); fourth in runs scored with 70 in 15 games; and first in stolen bases (26). On the mound, they rank fourth in team ERA (2.86).
Dragons starting pitchers in 21 games since May 25 have posted an ERA of 2.55 (98.2 IP, 28 ER) to lower their full-season ERA from 5.07 to 4.44.
Michael Siani over his last 21 games dating back to May 24 is batting .350 with two home runs, 21 runs scored, and 12 stolen bases to raise his batting average 63 points from .170 to .233. In the month of June, Siani leads the league in batting average (.350), hits (21), stolen bases (11), and runs (15).
Randy Ventura has hit safely in 11 straight games, batting .421 (16 for 38) to raise his average from .138 to .281. This is the longest hitting streak of the year for a Dayton player. He is batting .390 in June and would lead the Midwest League, but he does not meet the minimum number of plate appearances to qualify.
Brian Rey has hit safely in eight straight games, going 10 for 29 (.345) with two home runs.
Reliever Matt Pidich over his last nine games: 1.50 ERA, 18 IP, 8 R, 3 ER, 10 H, 8 BB, 17 SO.
Reliever Connor Bennett in his last seven appearances has earned two wins and five saves. He is third in the MWL in saves with eight. He leads the league in appearances with 26.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Friday, June 21 (7:00 p.m.): Lansing RH Cobi Johnson (1-5, 4.80) at Dayton RH James Marinan (2-6, 4.90)
Saturday, June 22 (7:08 p.m.): Lansing RH Troy Watson (1-1, 6.55) at Dayton RH Ricky Salinas (2-3, 4.27) TV: Dayton's CW (23)
Sunday, June 23 (2:08 p.m.): Lansing RH Troy Miller (2-3, 4.85) at Dayton TBA TV: Dayton's CW (23)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 20, 2019
- Snappers drop second-half opener to Quad Cities - Beloit Snappers
- Bees Fall despite Yan's Strong Outing - Burlington Bees
- Bowling Green Shuts out South Bend 2-0 to Open Series - South Bend Cubs
- Chiefs Open Second Half With Win Over Cedar Rapids - Peoria Chiefs
- Nuts Fall in 2nd Half Opener, 7-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Anthony Contreras Sets Franchise Managerial Wins Record - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Early Offense Not Enough in Series Opening Loss - Clinton LumberKings
- Adolph Narrowly Misses Cycle as Bandits Beat Beloit 7-2 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Peoria Powers Past Cedar Rapids - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Wisconsin Wins Second-Half Opener 5-2 Over Clinton - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Witherspoon Homers in 2-0 Win on Thursday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Pitcher's Duel Goes Fort Wayne's Way - Great Lakes Loons
- Dragons Earn Impressive Win to Start Second Half Season - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons to Wear Special Camo Jerseys on Friday; Jersey Auction to Follow - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps, Captains Postponed - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Promotions Abound as Second Half Opens - Clinton LumberKings
- Thursday's Captains vs. Whitecaps Game Postponed - Lake County Captains
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 20 at Great Lakes (Game 69/138) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Hosting "Vintage Baseball Classic" at Fifth Third Field on Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- RHP Layne Henderson transferred from Corpus Christi to Quad Cities - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Gabriel Maciel promoted to Fort Myers - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars to Take on New Identity as Kane County Atomic Pork Chops - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Dragons Stories
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Season Is Cancelled
- Dayton Dragons Issue Statement Regarding Governor's Order
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 3: Second Basemen
- Dayton Dragons 2020 Team Preview, Part 2: First Basemen
- Dragons Single-Game Ticket Sales to Begin Wednesday, March 11