Bees Fall despite Yan's Strong Outing
Bees' starter Hector Yan extended his scoreless innings streak to 15 and a third Thursday night in Burlington against the Kane County Cougars. He did not allow a hit over the six and a third frames he tossed. Yan walked four and struck out seven. He was in control throughout. It is the second consecutive start in which Yan has not allowed a hit. He threw five hitless in Peoria before the All-Star break. He did not figure in the decision.
Burlington fell to the Cougars 2-1 when Kane County catcher Jose Herrera laced a one-out single to right off reliever Luke Lind to break up the combined no hitter. With two outs Lind gave up a towering fly ball home run to first baseman Zack Shannon.
Burlington went quietly in the ninth on two strike outs, a hit batter and a third whiff.
Parker Joe Robinson finished the seventh for Yan then threw a 1, 2, 3 eighth.
The Bees themselves had just three hits off four cougar pitchers. Kevin Maitan, Spencer Griffin and Nonie Williams collected them. Burlington earned three walks.
The Bees have now gone into the ninth with combined no hitters three times this year. They won the previous two, including Yan's last gem in Peoria.
Images from this story
Burlington Bees pitcher Hector Yan
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from June 20, 2019
- Snappers drop second-half opener to Quad Cities - Beloit Snappers
- Bees Fall despite Yan's Strong Outing - Burlington Bees
- Bowling Green Shuts out South Bend 2-0 to Open Series - South Bend Cubs
- Chiefs Open Second Half With Win Over Cedar Rapids - Peoria Chiefs
- Nuts Fall in 2nd Half Opener, 7-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Anthony Contreras Sets Franchise Managerial Wins Record - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Early Offense Not Enough in Series Opening Loss - Clinton LumberKings
- Adolph Narrowly Misses Cycle as Bandits Beat Beloit 7-2 - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Peoria Powers Past Cedar Rapids - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Wisconsin Wins Second-Half Opener 5-2 Over Clinton - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Witherspoon Homers in 2-0 Win on Thursday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Pitcher's Duel Goes Fort Wayne's Way - Great Lakes Loons
- Dragons Earn Impressive Win to Start Second Half Season - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons to Wear Special Camo Jerseys on Friday; Jersey Auction to Follow - Dayton Dragons
- 'Caps, Captains Postponed - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Promotions Abound as Second Half Opens - Clinton LumberKings
- Thursday's Captains vs. Whitecaps Game Postponed - Lake County Captains
- TinCaps Game Notes: June 20 at Great Lakes (Game 69/138) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dragons Hosting "Vintage Baseball Classic" at Fifth Third Field on Saturday - Dayton Dragons
- RHP Layne Henderson transferred from Corpus Christi to Quad Cities - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Gabriel Maciel promoted to Fort Myers - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars to Take on New Identity as Kane County Atomic Pork Chops - Kane County Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.