Declare Dayton Celebration Coming to Fifth Third Field
DAYTON, OH - The Dayton Dragons in conjunction with Declare Worship Community, a local group of church and community leaders, are proud to announce a Sunday night concert celebration that will be held at Fifth Third Field on October 7th from 6pm to 8pm.
Tickets from this powerful concert will support both Rebuilding Together Dayton and a recovery scholarship fund. The
Declare Worship Community is uniting the churches, nonprofits, and the community across Greater Dayton at Fifth Third Field, and all are invited to serve and celebrate together.
Here is a schedule of Sunday events:
Sunday, October 7 (4-5pm) Victory March Dozens of agencies and nonprofits and thousands in recovery marching together through the heart of downtown Dayton to the Don Crawford Plaza in front of Fifth Third Field
Sunday, October 7 (5-6pm) Family Festival / Don Crawford Plaza, Fifth Third Field Family festival on Don Crawford Plaza. Food, games, and inflatables; no entry fee, all welcome. Resources will be available for various nonprofits and recovery ministries and agencies.
Sunday, October 7 (6-8pm) Concert / Celebration, Fifth Third Field A powerful worship concert and celebration of the weekend. Two local bands of incredibly talented musicians from churches across our city will be leading, along with a 100+ voice citywide gospel choir and more. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased through the Dayton Dragons Box Office, with $1.00 from each ticket being donated to a recovery scholarship fund.
This will be the 14th concert for the Declare Worship Community since 2014, following "Declare Dayton" at the University of Dayton Arena in 2016, five events around Greater Dayton in 2017, and now growing into multiple concerts around Greater Dayton and Cincinnati in 2018.
"We have been in communication with Fifth Third Field management and leaders across Greater Dayton for over a year to plan this weekend - seeing the support from church, community and city leaders has been overwhelming," commented Caleb Ingram, Executive Director of Declare Worship Community.
"I have great anticipation of how we can impact this city and region as we stand together to declare victory in Jesus over the brokenness around us. The best is yet to come, and that is only possible as we stand together to lead the way to a stronger future," noted Ingram.
TICKETS ON SALE
The Dragons have worked with Declare Dayton to make special arrangements to allow Dragons season ticket holders, sponsors, group leaders and members on the Dragons wait list to have first opportunity to purchase tickets before they go on sale to the general public. On Wednesday, September 5th at 10am the general public will be able to purchase tickets via the Dayton Dragons Box office in person or via phone at (937) 228-BATS (2287), or online at daytondragons.com.
All seats in the stadium seating bowl will be $10.00.
For more information about purchasing tickets, please contact the Dragons by calling at (937) 228-2287 (BATS), go to the Dragons web site at daytondragons.com. For more information about getting involved with Declare Worship Community, contact Declare Dayton at email@example.com or visit DeclareDayton.org.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 23, 2018
- Rivera Burns Dragons in Extras - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Cubs Grind out Extra Innings 10-9 Victory over Captains - South Bend Cubs
- Late Rally Pushes Snappers Within Half Game of Wild Card - Beloit Snappers
- TinCaps Homer Three Times, Lose - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- River Bandits Rally Late to Beat Rattlers 2-1 in Ten Innings - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cougars' Win Streak Snapped at Six - Kane County Cougars
- Hot Rods Sweep Lugnuts with 7-3 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Sanders slugs first pro homer in 4-1 win - Clinton LumberKings
- Two-Out Rally in Ninth Leads to Tenth Inning Win for River Bandits - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Snappers Beat Kernels 5-4 to Avoid Sweep - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Whitecaps Edge Dragons in 10 Innings, 5-4 - Dayton Dragons
- Sweep Gives Loons Playoff Cushion - Great Lakes Loons
- Chiefs Win 4-3 Thursday - Peoria Chiefs
- Declare Dayton Celebration Coming to Fifth Third Field - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 23 at Great Lakes (Game 127/138) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- South Bend Cubs Announce Upcoming Game/Promotion Schedule - South Bend Cubs
- Dragons Homestand Preview for August 24-31 - Dayton Dragons
- Kernels Home Stand Preview: August 24-27 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cougars Stay Perfect on Homestand - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons to Honor SICSA Pet Adoption Center as "Community All-Star" - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Squander Gem from Cosgrove in Walk-Off Loss - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Early Offense and Enlow Lead Kernels over Snappers - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hot Rods Turn Tables with Seven-Run 4th - Lansing Lugnuts
- Silva's Walkoff, Three-Run Homer Beats River Bandits - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Snappers Drop Game Two 8-4 to Kernels - Beloit Snappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.