Hot Rods Sweep Lugnuts with 7-3 Win
BOWLING GREEN, KY - The Bowling Green Hot Rods recorded their franchise record 11th sweep of the season, this time sweeping the Lugnuts with another 7-3 win.
The Lugnuts were the first ones on the board in the second inning when RF Ryan Noda leadoff with a double and then scored on an error to take a 1-0 lead.
Lansing extended their lead to 2-0 thanks to a solo home run from 1B Ryan Gold in the top of the fourth inning.
The Hot Rods answered back in the bottom of the fourth inning when RF Moises Gomez leadoff with a solo home run of his own to get the Hot Rods on the board. 2B Trey Hair reached on an error, and then scored on a double from 1B Devin Davis to tie the game up.
In the top of the fifth the Lugnuts took the lead right back thanks to a solo home run from Noda to make it a 3-2 game.
The Hot Rods took their first lead of the game in the bottom of the fifth in what started in the bottom 3B Justin Bridgman walked and DH Taylor Walls followed up with a single. Gomez picked up another RBI with a groundout to tie the game back up, and then Hair doubled home the go-ahead run.
Bowling Green added on another run in the seventh when Hair scored another run this time with a single. They added on two more run in the eighth on a double from Walls to make the score 7-3.
The Hot Rods face off against the Lake County Captains in a four game set tomorrow. First pitch will be at 6:35pm CST and starters for the series have yet to be announced.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 23, 2018
- Rivera Burns Dragons in Extras - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Cubs Grind out Extra Innings 10-9 Victory over Captains - South Bend Cubs
- Late Rally Pushes Snappers Within Half Game of Wild Card - Beloit Snappers
- TinCaps Homer Three Times, Lose - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- River Bandits Rally Late to Beat Rattlers 2-1 in Ten Innings - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cougars' Win Streak Snapped at Six - Kane County Cougars
- Hot Rods Sweep Lugnuts with 7-3 Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Sanders slugs first pro homer in 4-1 win - Clinton LumberKings
- Two-Out Rally in Ninth Leads to Tenth Inning Win for River Bandits - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Snappers Beat Kernels 5-4 to Avoid Sweep - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Whitecaps Edge Dragons in 10 Innings, 5-4 - Dayton Dragons
- Sweep Gives Loons Playoff Cushion - Great Lakes Loons
- Chiefs Win 4-3 Thursday - Peoria Chiefs
- Declare Dayton Celebration Coming to Fifth Third Field - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 23 at Great Lakes (Game 127/138) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- South Bend Cubs Announce Upcoming Game/Promotion Schedule - South Bend Cubs
- Dragons Homestand Preview for August 24-31 - Dayton Dragons
- Kernels Home Stand Preview: August 24-27 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Cougars Stay Perfect on Homestand - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons to Honor SICSA Pet Adoption Center as "Community All-Star" - Dayton Dragons
- TinCaps Squander Gem from Cosgrove in Walk-Off Loss - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Early Offense and Enlow Lead Kernels over Snappers - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hot Rods Turn Tables with Seven-Run 4th - Lansing Lugnuts
- Silva's Walkoff, Three-Run Homer Beats River Bandits - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Snappers Drop Game Two 8-4 to Kernels - Beloit Snappers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bowling Green Hot Rods Stories
- 2020 Midwest League All-Star Game Postponed to 2021
- Hot Rods, Bats, & Legends Announce Team Kentucky Campaign
- Hot Rods Owner Acquires Bourbon & Brewfest; Announces Event Details
- Hot Rods 2020 All-Star Week Tickets on Sale Now
- Hot Rods Welcome New Coaching Staff in 2020