Dallas Assigns Fraser, Vincour and Larsen
Cedar Park, TX - The Dallas Stars announced on Wednesday that the club has activated Jamie Benn from injured reserve retroactive to Jan. 14 and assigned Tomas Vincour, Philip Larsen, and Matt Fraser to the Texas Stars, Dallas' primary affiliate in the American Hockey League (AHL).
Vincour, 21, has skated in 18 games for Dallas this season, earning one goal and two assists totaling three points. The Brno, CZE native has been an even or plus player in 14 of his contests this season. Vincour played in 15 games for Texas earlier in the season, scoring 10 goals and totaling 13 points. The second-year pro was drafted in the fifth round (#129 overall) by Dallas in 2009.
Larsen, 22, has skated in 21 games for Dallas this season, scoring one goal and two assists in that span. The Esbjerg, DNK native ranks second among Dallas defensemen with a +7 rating and is averaging 17:10 of time-on-ice per game. Earlier this season, Larsen became the first Danish-born defenseman to score an NHL goal since Poul Popiel in the 1971-72 season for the Vancouver Canucks. The young defenseman played in 10 games for Texas earlier in the season, setting up nine goals and racking up ten points. Dallas drafted Larsen with the 149th pick (fifth round) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Fraser, 21, played in his first career NHL game on Jan. 24, 2012 vs. the Anaheim Ducks scoring no goals or assists in 3:57 of ice time. Prior to his NHL recall, Fraser ranked second on the Texas Stars in scoring with 35 points (21g, 14a). He led the club with 21 goals and was tied for third overall in that category in the AHL. The 6-2, 207-pound forward was signed to a three-year entry-level contract by Dallas on Nov. 17, 2010.
Benn, 22, has missed the last five games recovering from appendectomy surgery. The 6-2, 205-pound forward leads the team with 29 assists and ranks second overall in scoring with 42 points (13g, 29a). Earlier this month, Benn was selected to participate in the 2012 NHL All-Star Game in Ottawa.
Texas will travel to San Antonio on Friday, January 27th at 7:00 p.m. and to Oklahoma City on Saturday, January 28th at 7:00 p.m. before the All-Star break. Texas will wrap up a three-game road swing in Houston on Thursday, February 2nd, prior to returning home. The Stars will host Charlotte at 7:00 p.m. at Cedar Park Center on Saturday, February 4th. The first 2,500 fans will receive a Texas Stars Player Magnet, compliments of Time Warner Cable. The State Farm Family Four Pack will be available for the Saturday game, with four tickets, four hot dogs and four sodas starting as low as $48.
Individual tickets for all games are on sale now. Tickets are available online at www.TexasStarsHockey.com or by calling 512.GO.STARS (467.8277).
2011-12 season seat packages are on sale now. For more information on Texas Stars season tickets call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit www.TexasStarsHockey.com. Anyone interested in purchasing season tickets, suites, group tickets or mini-plans may call the Texas Stars front office.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 25, 2012
- Correction: Wolves Scorch Abbotsford 5-0 - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers Fall 4-3 in Shootout to IceCaps - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Beat Sharks 4-2 - Springfield Falcons
- Strong First Period Sparks Griffins' 4-1 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monarchs Win a Kozy One - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Even Season Series with Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Penguins Rally, Fall in OT to Bruins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sharks Get Doubled up 4-2 by Falcons - Worcester Sharks
- Strong First Period Sends Griffins Past Amerks, 4-1 - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Defeat Penguins 4-3 in OT - Providence Bruins
- Pirates Release Hoffman - Portland Pirates
- Pink in the Rink Night Set for Saturday - Rockford IceHogs
- Coyotes Assign Summers, Goncharov, Pouliot to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Barons Assign Kytnar To Stockto - Oklahoma City Barons
- Barons Sign Dylan Yeo To Contract - Oklahoma City Barons
- Oilers Assign Chorney, Hartikainen & Paajarvi - Oklahoma City Barons
- Heat Release Dee from PTO - Abbotsford Heat
- Penguins Announce Roster Moves - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ducks Return Bell and Guenin to Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Barberio and Conacher Named All-Star Starters - Norfolk Admirals
- Dallas Assigns Fraser, Vincour and Larsen - Texas Stars
- Admirals Return Quick to ECHL, Release Pelech - Norfolk Admirals
- Starters Named, Borowiecki Added for 2012 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Lightning Assign Angelidis, Labrie, Oberg and Smith to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Blackhawks Assign Pirri and Smith to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Jets Re-Assign Cormier & Gagnon to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals Ryan Ellis out of AHL All-Star Classic Because of Recall - AHL
- Senators Re-Assign Borowiecki and Petersson to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Chris Porter Assiged on Conditioning - Peoria Rivermen
- Capitals Assign Cody Eakin to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Announce Details of Taco Bell Night Set for January 27 - Syracuse Crunch
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Dane Byers to AHL's Springfield Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Vs Wolves Game Preview - Abbotsford Heat
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Griffins Host Amerks for Winning Wednesday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves End Skid with 3-2 Win Over Heat - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.