Barons Sign Dylan Yeo To Contract
Oklahoma City - The Oklahoma City Barons signed defenseman Dylan Yeo to a Standard Player Contract, Barons General Manager Bill Scott announced today.
Yeo, a 5-11, 210-pounder from Prince Albert, Sask. joined the Barons November 23. Since that time, he has played in 18 games with the Barons, scoring five points (4-1-5). Prior to joining the Barons, Yeo served as team captain of the Ontario Reign (ECHL). With Ontario, he played in eight games, scoring nine points (1-8-9).
He has played the majority of his career in the ECHL, splitting time between Victoria, South Carolina and Ontario. With those teams, he has appeared in 166 games, scoring 114 points (37-77-114). While with Victoria during the 2008-09 season, Yeo was named ECHL Defenseman of the Year.
Each of the last four seasons, Yeo has played in the American Hockey League. In 54 games over four seasons with the Manitoba Moose and Hershey Bears, Yeo has recorded 14 points (2-12-14) and served 39 penalty minutes.
Prior to turning pro, he played four seasons in the Western Hockey League with Prince George and Calgary. He appeared in 248 games, scoring 78 points (21-57-78).
The Barons are on the home for two games this weekend. Friday, the Barons host the Houston Aeros, AHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild. Saturday, the Barons host the Texas Stars, AHL affiliate of the Dallas Stars. Faceoff is slated for 7 p.m. at the Cox Convention Center. Both games can be heard on the Barons flagship station, 96.1 KXY.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 25, 2012
- Correction: Wolves Scorch Abbotsford 5-0 - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers Fall 4-3 in Shootout to IceCaps - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Beat Sharks 4-2 - Springfield Falcons
- Strong First Period Sparks Griffins' 4-1 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monarchs Win a Kozy One - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Even Season Series with Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Penguins Rally, Fall in OT to Bruins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sharks Get Doubled up 4-2 by Falcons - Worcester Sharks
- Strong First Period Sends Griffins Past Amerks, 4-1 - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Defeat Penguins 4-3 in OT - Providence Bruins
- Pirates Release Hoffman - Portland Pirates
- Pink in the Rink Night Set for Saturday - Rockford IceHogs
- Coyotes Assign Summers, Goncharov, Pouliot to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Barons Assign Kytnar To Stockto - Oklahoma City Barons
- Barons Sign Dylan Yeo To Contract - Oklahoma City Barons
- Oilers Assign Chorney, Hartikainen & Paajarvi - Oklahoma City Barons
- Heat Release Dee from PTO - Abbotsford Heat
- Penguins Announce Roster Moves - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ducks Return Bell and Guenin to Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Barberio and Conacher Named All-Star Starters - Norfolk Admirals
- Dallas Assigns Fraser, Vincour and Larsen - Texas Stars
- Admirals Return Quick to ECHL, Release Pelech - Norfolk Admirals
- Starters Named, Borowiecki Added for 2012 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Lightning Assign Angelidis, Labrie, Oberg and Smith to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Blackhawks Assign Pirri and Smith to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Jets Re-Assign Cormier & Gagnon to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals Ryan Ellis out of AHL All-Star Classic Because of Recall - AHL
- Senators Re-Assign Borowiecki and Petersson to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Chris Porter Assiged on Conditioning - Peoria Rivermen
- Capitals Assign Cody Eakin to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Announce Details of Taco Bell Night Set for January 27 - Syracuse Crunch
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Dane Byers to AHL's Springfield Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Vs Wolves Game Preview - Abbotsford Heat
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Griffins Host Amerks for Winning Wednesday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves End Skid with 3-2 Win Over Heat - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Barons Stories
- Energy FC Hosts Second Sidekicks Event on Wednesday Evening
- Chris Spendlove Cleared
- Energy FC and The Grid Meet to Discuss Continued Growth of Soccer in OKC
- Energy FC Sidekicks Program with Special Olympics and TOPSoccer Kicks off July 15
- Barons Season Ends with 1-0 Loss