Starters Named, Borowiecki Added for 2012 AHL All-Star Classic
January 25, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League today announced the starting lineups for the 2012 AHL All-Star Game, as determined by fans through the 2012 AHL All-Star Classic Fan Balloting presented by Reebok. The 2012 AHL All-Star Classic will take place Sunday and Monday, Jan. 29 and 30, in Atlantic City, N.J.
2012 AHL All-Star Game Starters
*not participating in event; will be replaced in starting lineup
G Michael Leighton, Adirondack
D Mark Barberio, Norfolk
D Simon Despres, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton*
F Cory Conacher, Norfolk
F Cam Atkinson, Springfield
F Keith Aucoin, Hershey
G Cedrick Desjardins, Lake Erie*
D Ryan Ellis, Milwaukee*
D Alex Plante, Oklahoma City
F Jon Matsumoto, San Antonio*
F Joe Colborne, Toronto*
F Philippe Cornet, Oklahoma City
Also today, the AHL announced that Binghamton Senators defenseman Mark Borowiecki has been added to the Eastern Conference roster for the 2012 AHL All-Star Classic. Borowiecki, a 22-year-old rookie, made his professional debut at the end of the 2010-11 season and helped Binghamton to a Calder Cup championship. In 42 AHL games with the Senators this year, he has recorded three goals and 12 assists along with 76 penalty minutes and a plus-3 rating. A native of Kanata, Ont., Borowiecki made his NHL debut for his hometown Ottawa Senators on Jan. 19.
Both All-Star rosters now stand at 24 players. They include 13 rookies, nine former first- or second-round draft choices and 20 players who have skated in the National Hockey League this season. Thirty-five of the 48 players will be making their first AHL All-Star appearance.
Tickets for the 2012 AHL All-Star Classic - including the 2012 AHL All-Star Skills Competition at 3 p.m. on Sunday, January 29, and the 2012 AHL All-Star Game at 7 p.m. on Monday, January 30 - are on sale now at the Boardwalk Hall box office, all Ticketmaster locations, by calling (800) 736-1420 or at www.ticketmaster.com. Tickets are also available for the Post-Skills Party (January 29, 5:30 p.m.) and the 2012 AHL Hall of Fame Induction & Awards Ceremony (January 30, 11 a.m.) at Caesars Atlantic City.
The 2012 AHL All-Star Classic will feature the top young talent in the American Hockey League competing in an internationally televised showcase from historic Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. Of the 562 players to take part in the AHL All-Star Classic since 1995, more than 93 percent have competed in the National Hockey League, including Patrice Bergeron, Dan Boyle, Daniel Briere, Ryan Callahan, Brian Campbell, Zdeno Chara, Jimmy Howard, Miikka Kiprusoff, Ryan Miller, Zach Parise, Pekka Rinne, Bobby Ryan, Martin St. Louis, Jason Spezza, Eric Staal, P.K. Subban and Tomas Vokoun.
The 2012 AHL All-Star Classic is presented by the Atlantic City Convention & Visitors Authority, Caesars Entertainment, the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority and the American Hockey League. For destination information about Atlantic City, please visit www.atlanticcitynj.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 25, 2012
- Correction: Wolves Scorch Abbotsford 5-0 - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers Fall 4-3 in Shootout to IceCaps - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Beat Sharks 4-2 - Springfield Falcons
- Strong First Period Sparks Griffins' 4-1 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monarchs Win a Kozy One - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Even Season Series with Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Penguins Rally, Fall in OT to Bruins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sharks Get Doubled up 4-2 by Falcons - Worcester Sharks
- Strong First Period Sends Griffins Past Amerks, 4-1 - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Defeat Penguins 4-3 in OT - Providence Bruins
- Pirates Release Hoffman - Portland Pirates
- Pink in the Rink Night Set for Saturday - Rockford IceHogs
- Coyotes Assign Summers, Goncharov, Pouliot to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Barons Assign Kytnar To Stockto - Oklahoma City Barons
- Barons Sign Dylan Yeo To Contract - Oklahoma City Barons
- Oilers Assign Chorney, Hartikainen & Paajarvi - Oklahoma City Barons
- Heat Release Dee from PTO - Abbotsford Heat
- Penguins Announce Roster Moves - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ducks Return Bell and Guenin to Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Barberio and Conacher Named All-Star Starters - Norfolk Admirals
- Dallas Assigns Fraser, Vincour and Larsen - Texas Stars
- Admirals Return Quick to ECHL, Release Pelech - Norfolk Admirals
- Starters Named, Borowiecki Added for 2012 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Lightning Assign Angelidis, Labrie, Oberg and Smith to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Blackhawks Assign Pirri and Smith to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Jets Re-Assign Cormier & Gagnon to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals Ryan Ellis out of AHL All-Star Classic Because of Recall - AHL
- Senators Re-Assign Borowiecki and Petersson to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Chris Porter Assiged on Conditioning - Peoria Rivermen
- Capitals Assign Cody Eakin to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Announce Details of Taco Bell Night Set for January 27 - Syracuse Crunch
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Dane Byers to AHL's Springfield Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Vs Wolves Game Preview - Abbotsford Heat
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Griffins Host Amerks for Winning Wednesday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves End Skid with 3-2 Win Over Heat - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.