Admirals Return Quick to ECHL, Release Pelech
NORFOLK, Va. - The Norfolk Admirals have returned defenseman Kevin Quick to the Florida Everblades of the ECHL. In addition, the Admirals have released forward Michael Pelech from his Professional Tryout Contract. Both announcements were made today by Admirals General Manager Julien BriseBois.
Quick, 23, a 6-foot, 190-pound defenseman born in Buffalo, New York, has appeared in 14 games with Norfolk this season, posting two assists and two penalty minutes. He has also appeared in three ECHL games with Florida, posting an assist.
The Admirals signed Quick to an American Hockey League Standard Player's Contract on June 27, 2011. In 173 career AHL games - all with Norfolk - Quick has one goal and 34 points with 26 penalty minutes. Quick has also appeared in 21 career ECHL games with the Everblades and Augusta Lynx, posting two goals and seven points with ten penalty minutes. He also appeared in nine Kelly Cup Playoff games with the Elmira Jackals in 2009, posting one assist.
Quick has appeared in six career NHL games - all with the Tampa Bay Lightning during the 2008-09 season - posting one assist. A third-round draft pick (78th overall) by the Lightning during the 2006 draft, Quick originally signed a three-year, entry-level contract with Tampa Bay on June 2, 2008. Before joining the Admirals during the 2007-08 season, Quick played in 21 games at the University of Michigan, where he notched two goals and four points with 12 penalty minutes.
Pelech, 6-foot-3, 206-pounds, appeared in one game with the Admirals, posting three shots last night in Norfolk's game against the Charlotte Checkers. In 22 games with the Cyclones this season, he has posted eight goals and 26 points with 31 penalty minutes and a plus-6 rating.
The Admirals will host the Hershey Bears at Scope Friday and Saturday nights to close out a three-game homestand. The puck drops at 7:30 p.m. Friday and 7:15 p.m. Saturday. The first 2,000 fans through the gates on Friday will receive an Olaf Kolzig Bobblehead courtesy of John's Tax Service and Fox43.
Join us Saturday for Guns and Hoses Night to benefit Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters (CHKD). You get two games for the price of one, as representatives of area police departments and representatives of area fire departments square off at 4:30 p.m. and the Admirals play the Hershey Bears at 7:15 p.m. Red Level tickets for this game are available for just $12 through this special deal. Proceeds will benefit CHKD. For more information or to purchase tickets, please visit norfolkadmirals.com.
Individual tickets for all regular season games start at just $12. Tickets are available now at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
Admirals 10-Packs for the 2011-12 season remain available for as little as $110. You may also reserve your 2012-13 season tickets with a deposit of as little as $100 per seat today. Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com anytime!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 25, 2012
- Correction: Wolves Scorch Abbotsford 5-0 - Chicago Wolves
- Sound Tigers Fall 4-3 in Shootout to IceCaps - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Beat Sharks 4-2 - Springfield Falcons
- Strong First Period Sparks Griffins' 4-1 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Monarchs Win a Kozy One - Manchester Monarchs
- Monarchs Even Season Series with Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Penguins Rally, Fall in OT to Bruins - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sharks Get Doubled up 4-2 by Falcons - Worcester Sharks
- Strong First Period Sends Griffins Past Amerks, 4-1 - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Defeat Penguins 4-3 in OT - Providence Bruins
- Pirates Release Hoffman - Portland Pirates
- Pink in the Rink Night Set for Saturday - Rockford IceHogs
- Coyotes Assign Summers, Goncharov, Pouliot to Portland - Portland Pirates
- Barons Assign Kytnar To Stockto - Oklahoma City Barons
- Barons Sign Dylan Yeo To Contract - Oklahoma City Barons
- Oilers Assign Chorney, Hartikainen & Paajarvi - Oklahoma City Barons
- Heat Release Dee from PTO - Abbotsford Heat
- Penguins Announce Roster Moves - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Ducks Return Bell and Guenin to Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Barberio and Conacher Named All-Star Starters - Norfolk Admirals
- Dallas Assigns Fraser, Vincour and Larsen - Texas Stars
- Admirals Return Quick to ECHL, Release Pelech - Norfolk Admirals
- Starters Named, Borowiecki Added for 2012 AHL All-Star Classic - AHL
- Lightning Assign Angelidis, Labrie, Oberg and Smith to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Blackhawks Assign Pirri and Smith to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Jets Re-Assign Cormier & Gagnon to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Admirals Ryan Ellis out of AHL All-Star Classic Because of Recall - AHL
- Senators Re-Assign Borowiecki and Petersson to Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Chris Porter Assiged on Conditioning - Peoria Rivermen
- Capitals Assign Cody Eakin to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Crunch Announce Details of Taco Bell Night Set for January 27 - Syracuse Crunch
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Dane Byers to AHL's Springfield Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Vs Wolves Game Preview - Abbotsford Heat
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Griffins Host Amerks for Winning Wednesday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Wolves End Skid with 3-2 Win Over Heat - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.