D.C. United and Caesars Entertainment Announce Partnership
D.C. United and Caesars Entertainment (NASDAQ: CZR) have announced a strategic partnership commencing at the beginning of the 2020 MLS Season. The partnership, the first-of-its-kind in MLS, will see the global casino-entertainment company feature its "Caesars Sports" logo on D.C. United jerseys in addition to other sponsorship activations at Audi Field.
In only the second announced sleeve branding deal in MLS, and the first to feature a casino-entertainment company, the partnership will see the Caesars Sports logo prominently displayed on the sleeve of D.C. United jerseys for both home and away matches.
The partnership will include a number of Game Day activations at Audi Field, including promotional giveaways, LED signage, special match moments, and suites for usage during D.C. United home games and Audi Field events. In an effort to support the dream of turning Audi Field into a year-round hub of entertainment in the Buzzard Point community of Washington D.C., multiple entertainment and bar/restaurant concepts are being considered, including Caesars Entertainment hosting events in the stadium itself.
"We are extremely excited to announce this partnership with Caesars Entertainment, who are truly best-in-class in their field," said D.C. United Co-Chairman Jason Levien. "Partnering with Caesars provides us with a great opportunity to realize the dream of Audi Field being a year-round hub of entertainment and activity and is another strong indication that global brands continue to see value in partnering with our organization. We are truly thankful that Caesars has decided to partner with D.C. United on this landmark deal in the Washington, D.C."
"Caesars Entertainment has been a world-wide leader in entertainment for many years, but now, including this new landmark partnership with D.C. United, we have quickly become a leader in the world of sports," said Chris Holdren, Chief Marketing Officer for Caesars Entertainment. "We are excited to share our sports, hospitality and entertainment expertise with D.C. United fans and Audi Field guests."
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 20, 2020
- Pareja, Nani Impressed with Preseason Progress - Orlando City SC
- 3-2-1 ... Hidden Chicago Fire FC Season Tickets & Merchandise Waiting to be "Un-LockedÃ¢ÂÂ Across the City - Chicago Fire
- 2020 Preseason: Position Preview: Midfielder - Colorado Rapids
- Match Preview: Inter Miami CF Faces Tampa Bay Rowdies in Last Preseason Friendly - Inter Miami CF
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires Serbian Midfielder Luka Stojanovic - Chicago Fire
- Columbus Crew SC Waives Forward JJ Williams - Columbus Crew SC
- Colorado Rapids Sign 17-Year-Old Goalkeeper Abraham Rodriguez to Homegrown Contract - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami Squad Numbers for Inaugural 2020 Season Announced - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Sign Forward Cameron Dunbar to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati and FC Cincinnati Foundation Release 2019 Community Report & Unveil 2020 Initiatives - FC Cincinnati
- Montreal Impact Launches 2020 Marketing Campaign - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United and Caesars Entertainment Announce Partnership - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Theme Nights - San Jose Earthquakes
- 2020 Leagues Cup Returns in July - Philadelphia Union
- LA Galaxy to Participate in 2020 Leagues Cup in July - LA Galaxy
- New York Red Bulls to Compete in 2020 Leagues Cup - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake to Compete in Leagues Cup for Second Consecutive Season - Real Salt Lake
- 2020 Leagues Cup Returns in July,with MLS-LIGA MX Tournament Bigger and Better - Minnesota United FC
- 2020 Leagues Cup Returns in July, with MLS-LIGA MX Tournament Bigger and Better - MLS
- Timbers Set to Host Top-Flight Liga MX Side in Leagues Cup at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Signs Midfielder Miguel Ibarra - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Midfielder Siem De Jong - FC Cincinnati
- Two Inter Miami CF Academy Players Called up to U.S. U-17 Men's National Team - Inter Miami CF
- ADVISORY: Nashville SC Hosts First Open Training Session - Nashville SC
- Timbers Continue Preseason Tournament Play against Minnesota United FC - Portland Timbers
- Nashville SC Ends First Preseason with Draw against D.C. United - Nashville SC
- Match Report: Deportivo Saprissa 2-2 Montreal Impact - Montreal Impact
- Cavallini, Adnan score to lead 'Caps to victory over Revs in preseason friendly - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Win 2-1 against FC Cincinnati on the Road
- D.C. United Draw the Philadelphia Union 2-2 at Audi Field
- D.C. United Lose 2-1 to Chicago Fire FC on the Road
- D.C. United Acquire $50,000 in GAM from Inter Miami CF for Federico Higuain
- D.C. United Acquire An International Roster Slot from Sporting KC and Edison Flores Activated from Injured List