Columbus Crew SC Waives Forward JJ Williams
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew SC today announced that the Club has waived forward JJ Williams. Williams played one season with Crew SC in 2019.
In his rookie season, Williams made seven regular-season appearances (three starts) for the Black & Gold. Additionally, Williams also spent part of the 2019 season on loan with USL Championship side Birmingham Legion FC.
"As we assessed our roster throughout this pre-season, given our depth at the forward position, we believed it would be difficult for JJ to find important and regular First Team minutes at the MLS level, which are critical for his development," said Crew SC President and General Manager Tim Bezbatchenko. "We want to thank JJ for his contributions to the Club during the 2019 season and wish him well."
Crew SC is currently in Tucson, Arizona participating in the 2020 Visit Tucson Sun Cup, which runs from February 15-22.
The Black & Gold begin the 2020 MLS regular season at MAPFRE Stadium against New York City FC, on Sunday, March 1 at 12:30 p.m. ET. Tickets to all matches on the Crew SC home schedule are available now online at ColumbusCrewSC.com or via phone.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 20, 2020
- Pareja, Nani Impressed with Preseason Progress - Orlando City SC
- 3-2-1 ... Hidden Chicago Fire FC Season Tickets & Merchandise Waiting to be "Un-LockedÃ¢ÂÂ Across the City - Chicago Fire
- 2020 Preseason: Position Preview: Midfielder - Colorado Rapids
- Match Preview: Inter Miami CF Faces Tampa Bay Rowdies in Last Preseason Friendly - Inter Miami CF
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires Serbian Midfielder Luka Stojanovic - Chicago Fire
- Columbus Crew SC Waives Forward JJ Williams - Columbus Crew SC
- Colorado Rapids Sign 17-Year-Old Goalkeeper Abraham Rodriguez to Homegrown Contract - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami Squad Numbers for Inaugural 2020 Season Announced - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Sign Forward Cameron Dunbar to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati and FC Cincinnati Foundation Release 2019 Community Report & Unveil 2020 Initiatives - FC Cincinnati
- Montreal Impact Launches 2020 Marketing Campaign - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United and Caesars Entertainment Announce Partnership - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Theme Nights - San Jose Earthquakes
- 2020 Leagues Cup Returns in July - Philadelphia Union
- LA Galaxy to Participate in 2020 Leagues Cup in July - LA Galaxy
- New York Red Bulls to Compete in 2020 Leagues Cup - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake to Compete in Leagues Cup for Second Consecutive Season - Real Salt Lake
- 2020 Leagues Cup Returns in July,with MLS-LIGA MX Tournament Bigger and Better - Minnesota United FC
- 2020 Leagues Cup Returns in July, with MLS-LIGA MX Tournament Bigger and Better - MLS
- Timbers Set to Host Top-Flight Liga MX Side in Leagues Cup at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Signs Midfielder Miguel Ibarra - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Midfielder Siem De Jong - FC Cincinnati
- Two Inter Miami CF Academy Players Called up to U.S. U-17 Men's National Team - Inter Miami CF
- ADVISORY: Nashville SC Hosts First Open Training Session - Nashville SC
- Timbers Continue Preseason Tournament Play against Minnesota United FC - Portland Timbers
- Nashville SC Ends First Preseason with Draw against D.C. United - Nashville SC
- Match Report: Deportivo Saprissa 2-2 Montreal Impact - Montreal Impact
- Cavallini, Adnan score to lead 'Caps to victory over Revs in preseason friendly - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Match Preview: Columbus Crew SC Faces FC Cincinnati Tomorrow
- Columbus Crew SC to Play Closed-Door Scrimmages against Minnesota United FC in Orlando on July 5 Ahead of MLS Is Back Tournament
- Columbus Crew SC to Open MLS Is Back Tournament against FC Cincinnati on July 11
- Columbus Crew SC Breaks Ground at Future Site of OhioHealth Performance Center
- Columbus Crew SC and Cleveland Browns Statement - June 1, 2020