LA Galaxy Sign Forward Cameron Dunbar to Homegrown Player Contract
LOS ANGELES - The LA Galaxy have signed forward Cameron Dunbar to a Homegrown Player contract, the club announced today. Dunbar, a 17-year-old who was born in Carson, California, joins the first team after a standout career with the LA Galaxy Academy.
"Cameron has shown his quality as he has developed in our Academy and we are excited that he has signed his first professional contract," said LA Galaxy General Manager Dennis te Kloese. "We are excited to see him continue to grow on and off the field as a professional."
Dunbar has represented the LA Galaxy Academy at various levels, including the U-18/19 and U-16/17 levels. Additionally, he also represented Albion SC during his time in the youth development system. In all, he has tallied 70 goals in various levels of the U.S. Soccer Developmental Academy system since 2015.
The Carson product is one of nine players now on the LA Galaxy first team roster to be signed through the LA Galaxy's developmental system: Dunbar, Efrain Alvarez, Julian Araujo, Nick DePuy, Eric Lopez, Daniel Steres, Diedie Traore, Justin Vom Steeg and Ethan Zubak.
The five-time MLS Cup champion LA Galaxy's 2020 home opener is set for Saturday, March 7 at Dignity Health Sports Park against Vancouver Whitecaps FC at 7 p.m. PT. Fans can purchase tickets to the club's 2020 home opener. Single-game tickets to Galaxy home games are available on www.lagalaxy.com/tickets.
LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships for the 2020 season are available for purchase now. Galaxy fans can go to www.lagalaxy.com/tickets/seasontickets or call 1.877.3GALAXY (342.5299) to secure their 2020 LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships.
Transaction: LA Galaxy sign forward Cameron Dunbar to a Homegrown Player contract.
Name: Cameron Dunbar
Born: Oct. 22, 2002
Last Club: LA Galaxy Academy
Birthplace: Carson, California
Hometown: Carson, California
Nationality: United States
LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships for the 2020 Major League Soccer season are now available. Galaxy fans can go to lagalaxy.com/since96 to secure their 2020 LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships. Fans can also call 1.877.3GALAXY (342.5299) and press 2 when prompted to purchase memberships.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 20, 2020
- Pareja, Nani Impressed with Preseason Progress - Orlando City SC
- 3-2-1 ... Hidden Chicago Fire FC Season Tickets & Merchandise Waiting to be "Un-LockedÃ¢ÂÂ Across the City - Chicago Fire
- 2020 Preseason: Position Preview: Midfielder - Colorado Rapids
- Match Preview: Inter Miami CF Faces Tampa Bay Rowdies in Last Preseason Friendly - Inter Miami CF
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires Serbian Midfielder Luka Stojanovic - Chicago Fire
- Columbus Crew SC Waives Forward JJ Williams - Columbus Crew SC
- Colorado Rapids Sign 17-Year-Old Goalkeeper Abraham Rodriguez to Homegrown Contract - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami Squad Numbers for Inaugural 2020 Season Announced - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Sign Forward Cameron Dunbar to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati and FC Cincinnati Foundation Release 2019 Community Report & Unveil 2020 Initiatives - FC Cincinnati
- Montreal Impact Launches 2020 Marketing Campaign - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United and Caesars Entertainment Announce Partnership - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Theme Nights - San Jose Earthquakes
- 2020 Leagues Cup Returns in July - Philadelphia Union
- LA Galaxy to Participate in 2020 Leagues Cup in July - LA Galaxy
- New York Red Bulls to Compete in 2020 Leagues Cup - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake to Compete in Leagues Cup for Second Consecutive Season - Real Salt Lake
- 2020 Leagues Cup Returns in July,with MLS-LIGA MX Tournament Bigger and Better - Minnesota United FC
- 2020 Leagues Cup Returns in July, with MLS-LIGA MX Tournament Bigger and Better - MLS
- Timbers Set to Host Top-Flight Liga MX Side in Leagues Cup at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Signs Midfielder Miguel Ibarra - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Midfielder Siem De Jong - FC Cincinnati
- Two Inter Miami CF Academy Players Called up to U.S. U-17 Men's National Team - Inter Miami CF
- ADVISORY: Nashville SC Hosts First Open Training Session - Nashville SC
- Timbers Continue Preseason Tournament Play against Minnesota United FC - Portland Timbers
- Nashville SC Ends First Preseason with Draw against D.C. United - Nashville SC
- Match Report: Deportivo Saprissa 2-2 Montreal Impact - Montreal Impact
- Cavallini, Adnan score to lead 'Caps to victory over Revs in preseason friendly - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy's November 4 Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC to Air Nationally on UniMas and TUDN
- Dignity Health Sports Park Campus to Serve as An 11-Day Los Angeles County Vote Center
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 1, Vancouver Whitecaps FC 0 - Sunday, October 18, 2020
- Sigi Schmid Elected to United Soccer Coaches 2021 Hall of Fame Class
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 0, San Jose Earthquakes 4 - Wednesday, October 14, 2020