Montreal Impact Launches 2020 Marketing Campaign
MONTREAL - The Montreal Impact unveiled its marketing campaign for the 2020 season, entitled "L'Impact Montréalais." The club wishes to reinforce its identity in the Montreal and Quebec community, while creating a movement that will rally the city and the province behind the team.
"We want to reinforce the club's identity, which reflects our community with its diversity on the pitch, in our Academy and in our front office," said the Montreal Impact president and CEO, Kevin Gilmore. "The Impact's history is rich in intense emotion, and it's through these moments that we can show the influence our club has had on the community, but also the way Montreal and Quebec as a whole equally contributed in forging who we are today."
"The 'Impact Montréalais' campaign, whose presentation video went public this week, will help our supporters acquire a sense of pride, whether they're long-time supporters or more recent," said marketing director Jimmy James-Bergeron. "Thanks to a clearer definition of our identity, we can also attract new fans and continue helping this club grow."
Created and produced internally with outside support from creative strategists Justin Kingsley and Paul Labonté, the "Impact Montréalais" campaign will relate the story of some of the club's major actors, notably players, supporters, partners and employees, who have seen their lives change due to the club's historic moments: Cameron Porter's goal, Thierry Henry's arrival as head coach, the club's foundation and the implication of the Saputo family in local soccer, the influence of women in the club's growth, the construction of Stade Saputo, the arrival of Designated Players like Marco Di Vaio, Nacho Piatti and Didier Drogba, and much more. The Impact wishes to continue its efforts in bettering its relationship and creating more links with the Montreal and Quebec community.
Project lead: Jimmy James-Bergeron
Creative director: Justin Kingsley
Copywriters: Justin Kingsley, Olivier Meilleur-Tremblay
Design et ideation: Youan Gagnon, Simon C. De Lery
Directed and edited by: Nicolas Legendre
Camera: Alex Desjardins
Production: Florence Martin, Evelyne Rheault
Sound mix and studio: Cult Nation
Creative consulting: Paul Labonté
Strategic consulting: George Menexis, Catherine Paquette, Felix Bernier
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 20, 2020
- Pareja, Nani Impressed with Preseason Progress - Orlando City SC
- 3-2-1 ... Hidden Chicago Fire FC Season Tickets & Merchandise Waiting to be "Un-LockedÃ¢ÂÂ Across the City - Chicago Fire
- 2020 Preseason: Position Preview: Midfielder - Colorado Rapids
- Match Preview: Inter Miami CF Faces Tampa Bay Rowdies in Last Preseason Friendly - Inter Miami CF
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires Serbian Midfielder Luka Stojanovic - Chicago Fire
- Columbus Crew SC Waives Forward JJ Williams - Columbus Crew SC
- Colorado Rapids Sign 17-Year-Old Goalkeeper Abraham Rodriguez to Homegrown Contract - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami Squad Numbers for Inaugural 2020 Season Announced - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Sign Forward Cameron Dunbar to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati and FC Cincinnati Foundation Release 2019 Community Report & Unveil 2020 Initiatives - FC Cincinnati
- Montreal Impact Launches 2020 Marketing Campaign - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United and Caesars Entertainment Announce Partnership - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Theme Nights - San Jose Earthquakes
- 2020 Leagues Cup Returns in July - Philadelphia Union
- LA Galaxy to Participate in 2020 Leagues Cup in July - LA Galaxy
- New York Red Bulls to Compete in 2020 Leagues Cup - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake to Compete in Leagues Cup for Second Consecutive Season - Real Salt Lake
- 2020 Leagues Cup Returns in July,with MLS-LIGA MX Tournament Bigger and Better - Minnesota United FC
- 2020 Leagues Cup Returns in July, with MLS-LIGA MX Tournament Bigger and Better - MLS
- Timbers Set to Host Top-Flight Liga MX Side in Leagues Cup at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Signs Midfielder Miguel Ibarra - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Midfielder Siem De Jong - FC Cincinnati
- Two Inter Miami CF Academy Players Called up to U.S. U-17 Men's National Team - Inter Miami CF
- ADVISORY: Nashville SC Hosts First Open Training Session - Nashville SC
- Timbers Continue Preseason Tournament Play against Minnesota United FC - Portland Timbers
- Nashville SC Ends First Preseason with Draw against D.C. United - Nashville SC
- Match Report: Deportivo Saprissa 2-2 Montreal Impact - Montreal Impact
- Cavallini, Adnan score to lead 'Caps to victory over Revs in preseason friendly - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.