Match Preview: Inter Miami CF Faces Tampa Bay Rowdies in Last Preseason Friendly
Inter Miami CF is approaching its final preseason friendly match in Saint Petersburg, Florida this Saturday, February 22 at 7 p.m. ET. The team will face the Florida-based USL Championship side Tampa Bay Rowdies at Al Lang Stadium in a friendly match open to media and the general public.
The game is part of the 2020 Suncoast Invitational, an annual preseason event in which Major League Soccer (MLS) teams participate in preparation for the upcoming regular season. Fans can access the event free and without a ticket.
"We've played three scrimmages, two against MLS teams that have participated successfully in the playoffs, that have been entertaining, and we have competed very well, so we feel calm about that," said Head Coach Diego Alonso. "We have to continue taking steps forward so we can show good fÃºtbol over the weekend, grow and surely approach the first game in better conditions."
Inter Miami began preseason preparations just over four weeks ago, kicking off the Club's first-ever preseason. The group of new teammates and coaches has traveled throughout Florida for the first few weeks of preseason, settling in Saint Petersburg last weekend. The team faced the Philadelphia Union last Saturday, February 15, in its first-ever open friendly match, kicking off its participation in the Suncoast Invitational. The team played an attractive, attacking style of play and controlled the bulk of possession in the match, though it did fall to a 1-2 defeat.
On Monday, February 17, the Club announced the signing of Rodolfo Pizarro from C.F. Monterrey. The team's other recent additions include Argentine international Nico Figal, Scottish international Lewis Morgan, U.S. Men's National Team midfielder Wil Trapp, and young Colombian international Andres Reyes.
Inter Miami's competition for the match, the Tampa Bay Rowdies, is coming off of a 2-1 victory over MLS side Montreal Impact in the Suncoast Invitational.
The Rowdies are also coming off of a strong season in the USL Championship. The team finished fifth out of 18 teams in the Eastern Conference, qualifying for the playoffs. They also reached the third round of the U.S. Open Cup. Guenzatti was the team's leading goal-scorer in 2019, registering 19 goals.
Single-game tickets to Inter Miami CF's historic home debut on March 14 against the LA Galaxy have sold out. The only other way to guarantee a ticket to Inter Miami's first-ever home game is by becoming a season ticket member. Less than 1,000 season tickets remain for the 2020 season. To purchase your season tickets or learn more, click here.
A limited number of single-game tickets remain for Inter Miami's second home game on March 21 against the New York Red Bulls and third home game on April 5 against the Philadelphia Union are now on sale, visiting https://www.intermiamicf.com/en/tickets/single.
Club Internacional de FÃºtbol Miami will play all of its home matches at Inter Miami CF Stadium in Fort Lauderdale. Located off Commercial Boulevard and I-95, the stadium stands adjacent to the Club's new 50,000 square foot state of the art training facility, which includes seven professional fields. The facility will be the home to all Inter Miami teams, including its First Team in MLS, Fort Lauderdale CF in USL League One and the youth development Academy. It will also host international clubs, tournaments and local high school sporting events.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 20, 2020
- Pareja, Nani Impressed with Preseason Progress - Orlando City SC
- 3-2-1 ... Hidden Chicago Fire FC Season Tickets & Merchandise Waiting to be "Un-LockedÃ¢ÂÂ Across the City - Chicago Fire
- 2020 Preseason: Position Preview: Midfielder - Colorado Rapids
- Match Preview: Inter Miami CF Faces Tampa Bay Rowdies in Last Preseason Friendly - Inter Miami CF
- Chicago Fire FC Acquires Serbian Midfielder Luka Stojanovic - Chicago Fire
- Columbus Crew SC Waives Forward JJ Williams - Columbus Crew SC
- Colorado Rapids Sign 17-Year-Old Goalkeeper Abraham Rodriguez to Homegrown Contract - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami Squad Numbers for Inaugural 2020 Season Announced - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Sign Forward Cameron Dunbar to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- FC Cincinnati and FC Cincinnati Foundation Release 2019 Community Report & Unveil 2020 Initiatives - FC Cincinnati
- Montreal Impact Launches 2020 Marketing Campaign - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United and Caesars Entertainment Announce Partnership - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Theme Nights - San Jose Earthquakes
- 2020 Leagues Cup Returns in July - Philadelphia Union
- LA Galaxy to Participate in 2020 Leagues Cup in July - LA Galaxy
- New York Red Bulls to Compete in 2020 Leagues Cup - New York Red Bulls
- Real Salt Lake to Compete in Leagues Cup for Second Consecutive Season - Real Salt Lake
- 2020 Leagues Cup Returns in July,with MLS-LIGA MX Tournament Bigger and Better - Minnesota United FC
- 2020 Leagues Cup Returns in July, with MLS-LIGA MX Tournament Bigger and Better - MLS
- Timbers Set to Host Top-Flight Liga MX Side in Leagues Cup at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Sounders FC Signs Midfielder Miguel Ibarra - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Midfielder Siem De Jong - FC Cincinnati
- Two Inter Miami CF Academy Players Called up to U.S. U-17 Men's National Team - Inter Miami CF
- ADVISORY: Nashville SC Hosts First Open Training Session - Nashville SC
- Timbers Continue Preseason Tournament Play against Minnesota United FC - Portland Timbers
- Nashville SC Ends First Preseason with Draw against D.C. United - Nashville SC
- Match Report: Deportivo Saprissa 2-2 Montreal Impact - Montreal Impact
- Cavallini, Adnan score to lead 'Caps to victory over Revs in preseason friendly - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.