Coyotes Recall Pickard from Tucson
GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Arizona Coyotes President of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Chayka announced today that the Coyotes have recalled goaltender Calvin Pickard from the Tucson Roadrunners, the club's American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate.
The 26-year-old Pickard registered a 3-0-0 record with a 3.47 goals against average (GAA) and an .889 save percentage (SV%) in four appearances with the Roadrunners.
The 6-foot-1, 207-pound native of Moncton, NB was claimed off waivers by the Coyotes on November 29 from the Philadelphia Flyers. In 11 games with the Flyers this season, Pickard posted a 4-2-2 record with a 4.01 GAA and an .863 SV%.
Pickard is 32-46-9 with a 2.89 GAA and a .909 SV% in 98 career NHL games with the Flyers, Toronto Maple Leafs and Colorado Avalanche.
He was originally drafted by the Avalanche in the second round (49th overall) in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2019
- Sens Beaten by Griffins as Teams Tie Season Series - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda Edge Heat 2-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Hershey Takes Sunday Rematch over Phantoms 5-4 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Stockton Stifled by San Jose in 2-1 Loss Sunday - Stockton Heat
- Bears Sweep Home-And-Home Stretch with 5-4 Win over Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Stun P-Bruins with Late OT Goal - Providence Bruins
- Coyotes Recall Pickard from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hunt's Buzzer-Beater Downs Bruins - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Canucks Reassign Adam Gaudette to the Comets - Utica Comets
- Penguins Sign Hirano and Lacroix to AHL Contracts - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Defenseman Davidson Assigned to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat Head to San Jose for Sunday Matinee - Stockton Heat
- Blues Recall Nolan, Kyrou from Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Kole Sherwood from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Helewka's Two Give Roadrunners Late Edge in 3-2 Win over Chicago - Tucson Roadrunners
- Schroeder Nets Two as Comeback Falls Short - Rockford IceHogs
- Reign Run out of Comebacks in OT Loss - Ontario Reign
- Rampage Down IceHogs to Extend Home Win Streak - San Antonio Rampage
- Roadrunners Elude Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Lazar Nets Winner as Heat Close Home Stand with OT Win - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Roadrunners Stories
- Roadrunners Announce Plans to Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month
- Coyotes Name John Ferguson as Assistant General Manager & GM of the Tucson Roadrunners
- Roadrunners Fan Fest Set for October 3rd
- Preseason Schedule Announced
- Coyotes Sign Speers to One-Year Contract