Defenseman Davidson Assigned to Rockford
ROCKFORD, ILL. - The Chicago Blackhawks today announced they have assigned defenseman Brandon Davidson to the American Hockey League's Rockford IceHogs.
Davidson, 27, has spent the entire 2018-19 season with Chicago, where he has tallied one assist in 10 games. He made his team debut on Oct. 20 at Columbus and picked up his season's lone assist the following night on Oct. 21 vs. Tampa Bay. The blueliner has also compiled seven shots on goal and 15 penalty minutes with the Blackhawks this season.
The Taber, Alberta native has skated at the NHL level for each of the last four seasons after originally making his NHL debut during the 2014-15 campaign with Edmonton. Davidson has combined for 23 points (9g, 14a) and 78 PIMs in 162 career NHL games with the Oilers (2014-18), Montreal (2016-18), New York Islanders (2017-18) and Blackhawks (2018-19). He has also posted a career +10 rating with 28 points (11g, 17a) and 115 PIMs in 150 AHL games with Oklahoma City from 2010-11 and 2012-15, while also helping lead the team to four appearances in the Calder Cup playoffs.
Davidson was originally selected by Edmonton in the sixth round (162nd overall) of the 2010 NHL Draft.
NEXT HOME GAME: Jan. 18 vs. Grand Rapids Griffins | 7 p.m.
The IceHogs take the Grand Rapids Griffins on Fleece Blanket Giveaway Night. The first 2,500 fans in attendance will receive a free IceHogs fleece blanket, courtesy of Dental Dimensions.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2019
- Sens Beaten by Griffins as Teams Tie Season Series - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda Edge Heat 2-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Hershey Takes Sunday Rematch over Phantoms 5-4 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Stockton Stifled by San Jose in 2-1 Loss Sunday - Stockton Heat
- Bears Sweep Home-And-Home Stretch with 5-4 Win over Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Stun P-Bruins with Late OT Goal - Providence Bruins
- Coyotes Recall Pickard from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hunt's Buzzer-Beater Downs Bruins - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Canucks Reassign Adam Gaudette to the Comets - Utica Comets
- Penguins Sign Hirano and Lacroix to AHL Contracts - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Defenseman Davidson Assigned to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat Head to San Jose for Sunday Matinee - Stockton Heat
- Blues Recall Nolan, Kyrou from Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Kole Sherwood from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Helewka's Two Give Roadrunners Late Edge in 3-2 Win over Chicago - Tucson Roadrunners
- Schroeder Nets Two as Comeback Falls Short - Rockford IceHogs
- Reign Run out of Comebacks in OT Loss - Ontario Reign
- Rampage Down IceHogs to Extend Home Win Streak - San Antonio Rampage
- Roadrunners Elude Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Lazar Nets Winner as Heat Close Home Stand with OT Win - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Rockford IceHogs, BMO Harris Bank Center and Coronado Performing Art Center Celebrate Local Heroes in New Hometown Heroes Program
- Blackhawks Prospect and IceHogs Scorer Dylan Sikura Answers Your Questions on Facebook Live
- IceHogs Defenseman Ian McCoshen Answers Your Questions on Facebook Live on Tuesday
- IceHogs Team Captain Tyler Sikura Joins Facebook Live Q&A on Friday
- IceHogs to Broadcast Classic Games vs. Scheduled Opponents on Facebook Live