Heat Head to San Jose for Sunday Matinee
Sunday, January 13, 2019
Arena: SAP Center
Date: Sunday, January 13, 2019
Time: 3:00 p.m.
Broadcast: Hear the Heat's radio call on Spreaker and iHeartRadio or tune in to AHLTV to watch a stream of the game.
For live, in-game tweets, follow @AHLHeat. Stay tuned after the game for the Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game to enter to win a puck signed by Buddy Robinson.
The Stockton Heat hit the road for the first time since 2018 for a Sunday matinee against the San Jose Barracuda. The Heat punctuated their five-game home stand with an OT thriller on Saturday, topping the Ontario Reign by a 6-5 final.
Stockton is looking to snap a four-game skid against San Jose with Sunday's meeting, the fourth of the year at the SAP Center.
LAZAR SAVES THE DAY ON SUPER HERO NIGHT
Curtis Lazar netted his team-best fourth game-winning goal on Saturday, beating Peter Budaj to seal the win for the home team. Lazar moved into a tie with Kerby Rychel for season scoring with the goal, each hitting 30 points last night.
POND HOCKEY OFFENSE
The Heat come into Sunday's game on the heels of a five-game home stand in which Stockton and its opponents combined for a remarkable 58 goals in five games - 27 from the Heat and 31 from their competitors.
HAMILTON'S HOT STRETCH
With 27 goals for Stockton in five games, nearly everyone has been scoring. Rob Hamilton sticks out as he's had arguably the best stretch of his career with nine points (3g,6a) over the last five games, hitting the scoresheet in four of those contests. He claimed three apples in Saturday's overtime win.
THIS BUD'S FOR YOU
Buddy Robinson rides quite the scoring streak into Sunday's contest, having registered at least one point in nine consecutive games, most recently with a helper on Saturday. The forward has totaled 12 points (3g,9a) in that span and is now the team leader for assists on the year with 19.
ON THE ROAD AGAIN
A road trip may be a welcome change for the Heat, who enter Sunday's game with a 9-7-1-0 record on the year away from Stockton Arena. By comparison, the Heat are 7-10-2-0 on home ice.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2019
- Sens Beaten by Griffins as Teams Tie Season Series - Belleville Senators
- Barracuda Edge Heat 2-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Hershey Takes Sunday Rematch over Phantoms 5-4 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Stockton Stifled by San Jose in 2-1 Loss Sunday - Stockton Heat
- Bears Sweep Home-And-Home Stretch with 5-4 Win over Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- T-Birds Stun P-Bruins with Late OT Goal - Providence Bruins
- Coyotes Recall Pickard from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Hunt's Buzzer-Beater Downs Bruins - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Canucks Reassign Adam Gaudette to the Comets - Utica Comets
- Penguins Sign Hirano and Lacroix to AHL Contracts - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Defenseman Davidson Assigned to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Heat Head to San Jose for Sunday Matinee - Stockton Heat
- Blues Recall Nolan, Kyrou from Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Blue Jackets Recall Forward Kole Sherwood from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Game Preview: Phantoms at Bears, 5 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Helewka's Two Give Roadrunners Late Edge in 3-2 Win over Chicago - Tucson Roadrunners
- Schroeder Nets Two as Comeback Falls Short - Rockford IceHogs
- Reign Run out of Comebacks in OT Loss - Ontario Reign
- Rampage Down IceHogs to Extend Home Win Streak - San Antonio Rampage
- Roadrunners Elude Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Lazar Nets Winner as Heat Close Home Stand with OT Win - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.