Cougars to Host Inaugural Mental Health Awareness Night on May 10
GENEVA, Ill. - The Kane County Cougars have teamed up with local organizations to host their inaugural Mental Health Awareness Night on Friday, May 10. First pitch is at 6:30 PM against the Lansing Lugnuts. For tickets, visit www.kccougars.com.
In an effort to strikeout the mental health stigma, the Kane County Cougars Baseball Foundation, Inc. will make a $100 donation for each strikeout recorded by a Cougars pitcher during the game. All funds will be divided among TriCity Family Services along with National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) of DuPage and Kane County.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month and the awareness color is lime green. The team will take the field in their lime green jerseys while Cougars staff members will wear lime green ribbons.
Throughout the night, videos and public service announcements from Seize the Awkward as well as TriCity Family Services and NAMI will be played. TriCity Family Services, NAMI DuPage and Kane County will also be in attendance with information and resources available to those in need.
In addition, the Cougars are hosting a Mental Health Awareness contest. Fans are encouraged to create a poster promoting awareness for mental health issues. The Cougars will select 10 winners to receive complimentary tickets for the game on May 10. Poster submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The winning posters will also be displayed throughout the ballpark.
Following the game, fans will be treated to the first post-game fireworks show of the season set to modern pop music. Fans are also invited to run the bases after the fireworks.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 18, 2019
- Snappers fall to Kernels in Series Opener - Beloit Snappers
- Benson's Four Home Run Game Captains Lake County to 12-6 Win over Cubs - South Bend Cubs
- Banuelos Returns, Sparks Kernels in 8-2 Win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Four Hour Marathon - Great Lakes Loons
- Rattlers Fall in Extra Innings at Clinton - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Bandits Offense Stymied in 2-0 Series-Opening Loss - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cougar Pitching Locks Down Bandits - Kane County Cougars
- Gold-En Evening: a Slam, a Cycle, a 12-4 Win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Lansing's Gold Hits for Cycle as Lugnuts Defeat Dragons, 12-4 - Dayton Dragons
- Whitecaps and TinCaps Postponed - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Fort Wayne & West Michigan Postponed by Rain - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Lugnuts Reliever Law Promoted, Reliever Rackoski Added - Lansing Lugnuts
- TinCaps Game Notes: April 18 vs. West Michigan - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Blake Snell Becomes Hot Rods Third Hall of Famer - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- David Banuelos activated from 7-day Injured List - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Bowling Green Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Cougars Take Series Finale from Bees in 5-4 Comeback - Burlington Bees
- Cougars to Host Inaugural Mental Health Awareness Night on May 10 - Kane County Cougars
- Dragons Notes for Thursday - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.