Colton Saucerman Returns to Steelheads from AHL Loan in Utica
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho Steelheads defenseman Colton Saucerman returns to Boise after being released from his PTO with the Utica Comets (AHL), Steelheads Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations Neil Graham announced Tuesday.
Saucerman, 26, appeared in 24 games with the Comets, recording one goal and three assists for four points with 19 penalty minutes and a plus-nine rating. The Colorado Springs, Colo. native scored his first career AHL goal on December 12 in his season debut with Utica following his call-up on December 9. In 41 career AHL games, the 5-foot-9, 191-pound defenseman owns one goal and eight assists for nine points with a plus-17 rating.
Saucerman returns to the Steelheads after playing 10 games in Idaho this season, posting three goals and five assists for eight points with 15 penalty minutes. He was acquired by the Steelheads on November 13 from the Manchester Monarchs, and in a combined 22 total games in 2018-19 boasts 12 points (four goals, eight assists). Saucerman owns a five-game point streak dating back to November 24 with six points (2 goals, 4 assists) through December 8. He also has played 44 games in the Kelly Cup Playoffs and has six goals and 16 assists for 22 points through his last three seasons.
The Steelheads open the 2019 U.S. Bank Kelly Cup Playoffs with Game 1 against the Utah Grizzlies on Friday, Apr. 12 at 7:10 p.m. from CenturyLink Arena. Tickets for Games 1 & 2 are on sale now! The Mountain Division Semifinals begin Friday, Apr. 12, so act now by contact the Idaho Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information or log on to idahosteelheads.com.
Follow along as the Steelheads hunt for their third Kelly Cup Championship at IdahoSteelheads.com and follow the Steelheads on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 9, 2019
- Let's Get Ready for Playoffs - Toledo Walleye
- 'Blades Weekly: Kelly Cup Playoffs Commence at Home - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - April 9 - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Suspensions - ECHL
- Preview of Division Semifinals of 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs - ECHL
- Captain John McCarron Returns from AHL Loan - Florida Everblades
- Zach Fischer Gets Call-Up to Stockton - Rapid City Rush
- K-Wings Set Playoff Roster - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cincinnati's Thomas Receives John Brophy Award as ECHL Coach of the Year - ECHL
- Colton Saucerman Returns to Steelheads from AHL Loan in Utica - Idaho Steelheads
- Thomas Named ECHL Coach of the Year - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Solar Bears Announce 2019 Playoff Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oilers Reveal Playoff Roster - Tulsa Oilers
- Steelheads Announce 2019 Kelly Cup Playoff Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Stingrays Announce 2019 Kelly Cup Playoff Roster - South Carolina Stingrays
- Beast and Growlers Meet for First Ever All-Canadian ECHL Playoff Matchup - Brampton Beast
- Walleye Announce Playoff Roster - Toledo Walleye
- Kamerin Nault Called up by Manitoba Moose - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Comets Reassign Trio to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Komets Announce Playoff Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
- Solar Bears Extend Presenting Partnership with XYMOPrint Through 2020-21 Season - Orlando Solar Bears
- Logan Thompson Signs PTO with Binghamton Devils - Adirondack Thunder
- Fuel Announce 2018-19 Team Award Winners - Indy Fuel
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.