Chihuahuas Edged in Pitchers Duel
The El Paso Chihuahuas had two singles with no outs in the top of the ninth inning but were unable to score and lost to the Sacramento River Cats 1-0 Friday night at Raley Field. The River Cats have taken the first two games of the series.
Neither team scored until the bottom of the eighth, when Sacramento's Cesar Puello hit a two-out RBI single. The Chihuahuas were held to one baserunner through their first seven innings before two batters reached in both the eighth and ninth innings.
El Paso starter Kyle Lloyd pitched four shutout innings and has now combined for seven shutout innings since returning from the disabled list on August 3. Lloyd also hit a triple to right field in the top of the third.
Relievers T.J. Weir and Eric Yardley threw scoreless outings for the Chihuahuas Friday.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/chihuahuas-vs-river-cats/2018/08/10/543401#game_state=live,game_tab=,gameT3401
Team Records: El Paso (65-51), Sacramento (47-70)
Next Game: Saturday, 8:05 pm at Raley Field. El Paso LHP Logan Allen (0-0, -.--) vs. Sacramento RHP Jordan Johnson (0-5, 7.00). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
Sacramento 1 El Paso 0 - Friday
WP: Gomez (1-0)
LP: Aro (2-3)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 11, 2018
- Rain Suspends Omaha at Round Rock Game Saturday - Round Rock Express
- Chasers & Express Suspended in 5th Inning - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tonight's Game Suspended - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Sting Bees, 4-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Fly Past Dodgers, 14-0 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Hit 30 Games Above .500 After 14-0 Rout - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Edge Sky Sox as Win Streak Hits 12 - Nashville Sounds
- Sky Sox Fall 3-2 as Nashville Wins 12th Straight Game - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Dean Homers Twice as Baby Cakes Bats Awaken - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- New Orleans Takes the Cake against Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (73-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (61-53) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Games Notes - August 11, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (62-55) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (60-55) - Nashville Sounds
- Reno Aces Game Notes at LV - Reno Aces
- Oberholtzer stymies Fresno in 4-1 ABQ win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Holliday, Murphy Power Isotopes Back to Win Column - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Camarena dazzles in shutout of Chihuahuas - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Edged in Pitchers Duel - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Big Fifth Inning Pushes Memphis to 8-4 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.