Rain Suspends Omaha at Round Rock Game Saturday
ROUND ROCK, Texas - Tonight's Omaha Storm Chasers (54-62) at Round Rock Express (52-65) game at Dell Diamond has been suspended in the top of the fifth inning due to rain.
The two teams will resume the contest at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday afternoon with the game tied 2-2. Omaha 2B Ramon Torres is up to bat with one out and runners on second and third base. Approximately 30 minutes after the conclusion of the resumption of the nine-inning contest, the regularly scheduled game will begin and will be seven innings in length, per Pacific Coast League doubleheader rules.
Pitchers for the resumption of the suspended game are to be determined. Round Rock RHP Tyler Wagner (1-5, 4.83) is scheduled to face Omaha RHP Trevor Oaks (8-5, 2.62) in the nightcap.
Fans with a valid game ticket for Saturday's regularly scheduled game can exchange their ticket for any remaining regular season home game at Dell Diamond by bringing their ticket stub to the Express ticket office during normal business hours. A physical ticket stub must be presented for exchange. The Express ticket office is open from 10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. on game days and 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. on weekday non-game days.
Tickets for Sunday's regularly scheduled contest will be valid for both games of the doubleheader. Gates at Dell Diamond will open at 4:00 p.m. for the 4:30 p.m. first pitch in the resumption of Saturday's suspended game.
Following Sunday afternoon's season series finale against Omaha, the Express hit the road for a four-game series against the Nashville Sounds (63-55) before a quick three-game set against the Memphis Redbirds (74-44). Round Rock returns home to Dell Diamond on Tuesday, August 21 to begin their final homestand of the 2018 season.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 11, 2018
- Rain Suspends Omaha at Round Rock Game Saturday - Round Rock Express
- Chasers & Express Suspended in 5th Inning - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tonight's Game Suspended - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Sting Bees, 4-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Fly Past Dodgers, 14-0 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Hit 30 Games Above .500 After 14-0 Rout - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Edge Sky Sox as Win Streak Hits 12 - Nashville Sounds
- Sky Sox Fall 3-2 as Nashville Wins 12th Straight Game - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Dean Homers Twice as Baby Cakes Bats Awaken - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- New Orleans Takes the Cake against Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (73-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (61-53) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Games Notes - August 11, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (62-55) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (60-55) - Nashville Sounds
- Reno Aces Game Notes at LV - Reno Aces
- Oberholtzer stymies Fresno in 4-1 ABQ win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Holliday, Murphy Power Isotopes Back to Win Column - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Camarena dazzles in shutout of Chihuahuas - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Edged in Pitchers Duel - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Big Fifth Inning Pushes Memphis to 8-4 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.