Redbirds Hit 30 Games Above .500 After 14-0 Rout
OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma - The first-place Memphis Redbirds (74-44) reached 30 games above .500 after a 14-0 drubbing of the Oklahoma City Dodgers (Dodgers) Saturday night in Oklahoma City, Okla., hitting their season high-water mark with their largest margin of victory of the year.
The 14-run win bettered Memphis' 17-4 win at Round Rock on April 6.
Ramon Urias paced the offense with a 4-for-5 game, driving in three runs and scoring two more, and Justin Williams crossed the plate four times after going 2-for-3 with two walks. Alex Mejia scored three runs, and Tyler O'Neill and Edmundo Sosa crossed the plate twice in addition to Urias.
Only four of Memphis' 16 hits went for extra bases, but nine different players had a hit including pinch-hitters Victor Roache and Kevin Herget.
Five Redbirds hurlers combined on the shutout, with Chris Ellis getting the win in relief of Tyler Lyons. After Lyons went 2.0 innings, Ellis dominated Oklahoma City and allowed just one hit in 4.0 innings while striking out six. Rehabbers Brett Cecil and Dominic Leone followed Ellis, and Conner Greene pitched the ninth inning and preserved the shutout.
Memphis was 11-for-19 with runners in scoring position.
The Redbirds play once more in Oklahoma City tomorrow night at 6:05 before returning to AutoZone Park on Monday to start a seven-game homestand. For more information on single-game tickets, visit www.memphisredbirds.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 11, 2018
- Rain Suspends Omaha at Round Rock Game Saturday - Round Rock Express
- Chasers & Express Suspended in 5th Inning - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tonight's Game Suspended - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Sting Bees, 4-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Fly Past Dodgers, 14-0 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Hit 30 Games Above .500 After 14-0 Rout - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Edge Sky Sox as Win Streak Hits 12 - Nashville Sounds
- Sky Sox Fall 3-2 as Nashville Wins 12th Straight Game - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Dean Homers Twice as Baby Cakes Bats Awaken - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- New Orleans Takes the Cake against Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (73-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (61-53) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Games Notes - August 11, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (62-55) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (60-55) - Nashville Sounds
- Reno Aces Game Notes at LV - Reno Aces
- Oberholtzer stymies Fresno in 4-1 ABQ win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Holliday, Murphy Power Isotopes Back to Win Column - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Camarena dazzles in shutout of Chihuahuas - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Edged in Pitchers Duel - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Big Fifth Inning Pushes Memphis to 8-4 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Redbirds Stories
- Win a Golden Ticket to All Events at AutoZone Park in 2019
- Memphis Native Ben Johnson Named Redbirds Manager
- Redbirds, AutoZone Park Hosting 2019 Triple-A National Championship Game
- AutoZone Park Set to Host St. Louis Cardinals Caravan
- AutoZone Park Hiring Event Staff at Three Job Fairs