Camarena dazzles in shutout of Chihuahuas
WEST SACRAMENTO, CA - Left-hander Daniel Camarena tossed seven shutout innings en route to a 1-0 win for the Sacramento River Cats (47-70) over the El Paso Chihuahuas (65-51).
In one of the best outings by a River Cats starter this season, Camarena allowed just one hit and no walks while striking out six.
As the ballgame entered the bottom of the eighth inning still knotted at zero, outfielder Cesar Puello's bloop single scored Ryder Jones from second base to break the tie. Right-hander Roberto Gomez recorded the final four outs to secure the club's fourth shutout of the year.
The River Cats will be on television Saturday night to face the Chihuahuas in game three of the series. Right-hander Jordan Johnson (0-5, 7.00) is scheduled to make the start for Sacramento while left-hander Logan Allen is slated to make his Triple-A debut for El Paso. Catch all of the action live online at rivercats.com, on the MiLB First Pitch app, on the air on Money 105.FM, and live on KMAX (CW-31).
- Camarena's seven scoreless frames marked the first time that a River Cats starter allowed zero runs in an outing since June 29 when a rehabbing Johnny Cueto tossed four scoreless.
- The team's current two-game winning streak is the first back-to-back wins since they won the final game of a four-game set against the Salt Lake Bees on July 15 and followed it up with a series-opening victory in Fresno against the Grizzlies on July 16.
The Sacramento River Cats are the Triple-A affiliate of the three-time World Champion San Francisco Giants. The team plays at Raley Field in West Sacramento, consistently voted one of the top ballparks in America. River Cats Season Tickets, Mini-Plans, and Flex Plans can be purchased for the 2018 season by calling the River Cats Ticket Hotline at (916) 371-HITS (4487). For more information about the River Cats, visit www.rivercats.com. For information on other events at Raley Field, visit www.raleyfield.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 11, 2018
- Rain Suspends Omaha at Round Rock Game Saturday - Round Rock Express
- Chasers & Express Suspended in 5th Inning - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tonight's Game Suspended - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Sting Bees, 4-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Fly Past Dodgers, 14-0 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Hit 30 Games Above .500 After 14-0 Rout - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Edge Sky Sox as Win Streak Hits 12 - Nashville Sounds
- Sky Sox Fall 3-2 as Nashville Wins 12th Straight Game - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Dean Homers Twice as Baby Cakes Bats Awaken - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- New Orleans Takes the Cake against Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (73-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (61-53) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Games Notes - August 11, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (62-55) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (60-55) - Nashville Sounds
- Reno Aces Game Notes at LV - Reno Aces
- Oberholtzer stymies Fresno in 4-1 ABQ win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Holliday, Murphy Power Isotopes Back to Win Column - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Camarena dazzles in shutout of Chihuahuas - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Edged in Pitchers Duel - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Big Fifth Inning Pushes Memphis to 8-4 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.