Big Fifth Inning Pushes Memphis to 8-4 Win
Oklahoma City - The Memphis Redbirds scored six runs in the fifth inning on the way to an 8-4 win against the Oklahoma City Dodgers Friday night at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
The Dodgers built a 3-0 lead before the offensive output by the Redbirds in the fifth inning gave Memphis the lead for good and sent Oklahoma City to a fourth straight loss.
The win also gave the Redbirds a 2-0 lead in the four-game series between the teams as the Dodgers took the field in specialty pink jerseys and hats Friday night to "Pack the Park Pink" in front of a sellout crowd of 10,347.
The Dodgers (61-53) grabbed the game's first lead in the third inning after the start of the game was delayed one hour and two minutes due to rain in the area.
Tim Locastro led off the bottom of the frame and was hit by a pitch. He advanced to second base on a groundout by Alex Verdugo before Kyle Farmer also was hit by a pitch. With runners at first and second base, Edwin RÃ-os hit a double down the right field line - for his second double of the night - to bring home Locastro for OKC's first run of the night. Will Smith followed with a sacrifice fly to left field to score Farmer for a 2-0 Dodgers advantage.
Jake Peter connected on a one-out single in the fourth inning and scored on a RBI single by Locastro for a 3-0 Oklahoma City lead.
The Redbirds (73-44) got on the scoreboard in the fifth inning after connecting on their first hit of the game. Patrick Wisdom led off with a double and scored when Ramon Urias singled on a fly ball to left field. Edmundo Sosa followed with a RBI single to cut the Dodgers' lead to 3-2.
Memphis later loaded the bases with one out in the inning and Tyler O'Neill doubled into left field to bring home two runs and give the Redbirds a 4-3 lead.
After an Oklahoma City pitching change, Carson Kelly connected on a RBI single into left field for a 5-3 Memphis advantage and Wisdom's RBI single put the Redbirds in front, 6-3.
Rangel Ravelo added a two-run single in the sixth inning for an 8-3 lead.
In the bottom of the sixth inning, Oklahoma City's Angelo Mora drew a one-out walk and scored on a RBI single by Locastro to cut the Memphis lead to 8-4.
Dodgers starting pitcher Kyle Lobstein (0-3) was charged with the loss, allowing six runs on four hits over 4.2 innings with three walks and six strikeouts.
Memphis starting pitcher Connor Jones (1-0) picked up the win, allowing four runs and eight hits over 5.2 innings with two walks and two strikeouts.
The Dodgers have now dropped six of their last seven games.
The Dodgers continue their series against Memphis at 7:05 p.m. Saturday at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. Fireworks, presented by True Sky Credit Union, are scheduled to follow the game.
Cox Communications will televise the game live on YurView on Cox (Channel 1333) beginning five minutes before first pitch.
Live radio coverage begins 15 minutes before first pitch on AM 1340 "The Game," 1340thegame.com, or through the free iHeartRadio mobile app.
Tickets are available through the OKC Dodgers ticket office located on South Mickey Mantle Drive, by phone at (405) 218-2182, or by visiting okcdodgers.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 11, 2018
- Rain Suspends Omaha at Round Rock Game Saturday - Round Rock Express
- Chasers & Express Suspended in 5th Inning - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tonight's Game Suspended - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Sting Bees, 4-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Fly Past Dodgers, 14-0 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Hit 30 Games Above .500 After 14-0 Rout - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Edge Sky Sox as Win Streak Hits 12 - Nashville Sounds
- Sky Sox Fall 3-2 as Nashville Wins 12th Straight Game - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Dean Homers Twice as Baby Cakes Bats Awaken - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- New Orleans Takes the Cake against Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (73-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (61-53) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Games Notes - August 11, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (62-55) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (60-55) - Nashville Sounds
- Reno Aces Game Notes at LV - Reno Aces
- Oberholtzer stymies Fresno in 4-1 ABQ win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Holliday, Murphy Power Isotopes Back to Win Column - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Camarena dazzles in shutout of Chihuahuas - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Edged in Pitchers Duel - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Big Fifth Inning Pushes Memphis to 8-4 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- OKC Dodgers Hosting Annual Job Fair Tomorrow and Saturday
- OKC Dodgers Hosting Annual Job Fair February 21 & 23
- All-Session Tickets on Sale for 2019 Phillips 66 Big 12 Baseball Championship
- Registration Now Open for 2019 National Anthem Tryouts
- OKC Dodgers Announce Improvements to Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark