Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (62-55) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (60-55)
Game #118: Nashville Sounds (62-55) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (60-55)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Daniel Mengden (3-1, 4.03) vs. RHP Paolo Espino (3-3, 5.40)
First Pitch: 7:00 CST
Radio: ALT 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
From the Notes
Eleven Looking for Twelve: The Sounds are on a season-best 11-game winning streak. It's second longest winning streak for the franchise in the Pacific Coast League era (1998-present). The longest winning streak for the Sounds in the PCL era is 15 games from June 2-20, 1999. Nashville has outscored its opponents 64-30 during the 11-game stretch and have not trailed in any of the 11 games.
August Heat: Nine of the 11 games the Sounds have won in a row have come in the month of August so it is no surprise that several Sounds are boasting gaudy numbers this month. Seven current Sounds are batting over .300 in August and three are batting over .400. Franklin Barreto is batting .417 (5-for-12) with 4 runs, 2 doubles, 2 home runs, and 4 RBI. Steve Lombardozzi is batting .452 (14-for-31) with 13 runs and 10 walks for an on-base percentage of .585. Dustin Fowler is batting .500 (15-for-30) with 7 runs, 3 doubles, 1 triple, and 3 RBI.
Close Calls: With their two-run win last night the Sounds are now 33-22 in games decided by two runs or less. Their winning percentage of .600 in one and two-run games is the second best winning percentage in the Pacific Coast League behind only Las Vegas' .675 clip at 27-13.
Lucky Number Seven: Chris Bassitt tossed seven innings of one-run ball last night. It was his second straight start of at least seven innings and fourth in his last five starts. It was the fifth time this season a Sounds pitcher has had back-to-back starts of at least seven innings. Bassitt has done it twice, Daniel Gossett, James Naile, and tonight's starter Daniel Mengden have each done it once. The Sounds are 10-8 when their starting pitcher goes seven innings.
RISP-y Business: Last night was just the fourth time the Sounds won a game this season when they failed to collect a hit with runners in scoring position as they went 0-for-7. On the season they are 4-18 when going hitless with runners in scoring position. Their only other wins came in a 1-0 victory over Oklahoma City on May 26 at First Tennessee Park when the Dodgers also went hitless with runners in scoring position, in an 8-6 win at Round Rock on May 31 when the Sounds used four solo home runs to help them earn the victory, and on July 7 in a 5-3 win against Iowa.
What's the word around Nashville?
Nashville Sounds (@nashvillesounds)
We appreciate all the men & women who keep us safe! First Responders Night with @FOXNashville is 9/2. We want you to join us for a night out at the ballpark. All First Responders can use promo code THANKYOU for discounted tickets: https://atmilb.com/2nnzPFN #911onFOX @911onFOX
Join #VodkaForDogPeople at @nashvillesounds Bark in the Park on August 15! Sip on a Tito's All American Lemonade and watch the Sounds play ball with your furry friends. Proceeds from the night will benefit @newleashonline. https://www.newleashonline.org/nashville-sound
Nashville Sounds (@nashvillesounds)
Alright #Sounds fans, we are TIED for first in money raised for @SU2C! Keep those donations coming and help us, @MiLB & Stand Up To Cancer raise funds for research. Text "Sounds" to 40202 today to give $5 to Stand Up To Cancer. Terms: http://mGive.org/T
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 11, 2018
- Rain Suspends Omaha at Round Rock Game Saturday - Round Rock Express
- Chasers & Express Suspended in 5th Inning - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tonight's Game Suspended - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Sting Bees, 4-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Fly Past Dodgers, 14-0 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Hit 30 Games Above .500 After 14-0 Rout - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Edge Sky Sox as Win Streak Hits 12 - Nashville Sounds
- Sky Sox Fall 3-2 as Nashville Wins 12th Straight Game - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Dean Homers Twice as Baby Cakes Bats Awaken - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- New Orleans Takes the Cake against Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (73-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (61-53) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Games Notes - August 11, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (62-55) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (60-55) - Nashville Sounds
- Reno Aces Game Notes at LV - Reno Aces
- Oberholtzer stymies Fresno in 4-1 ABQ win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Holliday, Murphy Power Isotopes Back to Win Column - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Camarena dazzles in shutout of Chihuahuas - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Edged in Pitchers Duel - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Big Fifth Inning Pushes Memphis to 8-4 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Sounds Unveil Exhibition Game Ticket Options
- Sounds Announce Weekly Promotions for 2019 Season
- Vanderbilt Baseball Returns to First Tennessee Park to Face Belmont and Lipscomb
- Sounds to Host Job Fairs at First Tennessee Park on January 30 and February 6
- Sounds Announce 2019 Coaching Staff