Rainiers Sting Bees, 4-3
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - The Tacoma Rainiers (57-60) ended a three-game winless streak by defeating the Salt Lake Bees (63-55), 4-3, on Saturday night at Smith's Ballpark.
Right fielder Cameron Perkins drove in half of the Rainiers runs on a 1-for-2 performance that included a two-run home run in the fifth inning. The Rainiers also earned multi-hit performances from first baseman Daniel Vogelbach (2x4, RBI), designated hitter Ben Gamel (2x4, R, 3B, RBI), and second baseman Zach Vincej (2x3, BB).
Tacoma starting left-hander Ross Detwiler tossed six innings of one-run ball while allowing just five hits, but settled for a no-decision. Detwiler walked three and struck out five on 106 pitches, 68 of which went for strikes.
Ryan Cook (1.0 IP) tossed a scoreless eighth inning for the Rainiers. Shawn Armstrong (1.0 IP) followed with a scoreless ninth to lock down his 11th save. Mike Morin (4-2) directly relieved Detwiler and allowed two runs on three hits while striking out one - he earned the win.
Tacoma and Salt Lake wrap up their series on Sunday evening at 5:05 p.m. PT. Rainiers right-hander Rob Whalen (7-6, 4.90) will match up against Bees southpaw Jose Suarez (0-4, 5.40).
All tickets, group outings, and suites packages for the 2018 season are available for purchase in person at the Cheney Stadium Box Office, online at TacomaRainiers.com, or over the phone at (253) 752-7707. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand) or liking the team on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 11, 2018
- Rain Suspends Omaha at Round Rock Game Saturday - Round Rock Express
- Chasers & Express Suspended in 5th Inning - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tonight's Game Suspended - Reno Aces
- Rainiers Sting Bees, 4-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Redbirds Fly Past Dodgers, 14-0 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Hit 30 Games Above .500 After 14-0 Rout - Memphis Redbirds
- Sounds Edge Sky Sox as Win Streak Hits 12 - Nashville Sounds
- Sky Sox Fall 3-2 as Nashville Wins 12th Straight Game - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Dean Homers Twice as Baby Cakes Bats Awaken - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- New Orleans Takes the Cake against Iowa - Iowa Cubs
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (73-44) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (61-53) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Games Notes - August 11, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (62-55) at Colorado Springs Sky Sox (60-55) - Nashville Sounds
- Reno Aces Game Notes at LV - Reno Aces
- Oberholtzer stymies Fresno in 4-1 ABQ win - Fresno Grizzlies
- Holliday, Murphy Power Isotopes Back to Win Column - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Camarena dazzles in shutout of Chihuahuas - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas Edged in Pitchers Duel - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Big Fifth Inning Pushes Memphis to 8-4 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Daren Brown Returns to Lead Rainiers Field Staff in 2019
- Ashley Schutt Named Pacific Coast League Woman Executive of the Year
- 2018 Tacoma Rainiers Season Review
- Tacoma Rainiers and Seattle Mariners Announce Four-Year Extension of Player Development Contract
- Rainiers Wrap Season With 5-4 Victory Over Chihuahuas