Calgary assigns Nystrom to Ak-Sar-Ben Knights
Omaha, NE - The Omaha Ak-Sar-Ben Knights announced today that left wing Eric Nystrom has been returned on loan to the team from the Calgary Flames, the Knights' National Hockey League affiliate. Nystrom will join the team in time for its home game on Tuesday against the Houston Aeros at 7:00 p.m.
Nystrom made his professional debut this season playing in two games with the Ak-Sar-Ben Knights. Nystrom played two games with the Flames since being recalled on October 10th. He make his NHL debut that night in Colorado. In seven NHL pre-season games with Calgary, the 6'1", 208 lbs forward notched three points (1 goal, 2 assists) and 10 PIM. The former captain of the University of Michigan posted 32 points on 13 goals and 19 assists during the 2004-05 season. In 160 career games in the CCHA with Michigan, the son of former NHL great Bob Nystrom notched 111 points (56 goals, 55 assists) and 149 PIM. Nystrom was the first round selection, 10th overall, by the Flames in the 2002 Entry Draft.
Tuesday's game against Houston is one of two against the Aeros at the Civic this week. The two teams will square off again on Thursday at 7:00 p.m. Tickets for all of the Ak-Sar-Ben Knights' regular season home games are on sale now at the Civic box office weekdays from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Tickets may also be purchased by phone through Ticketmaster at 422-1212 and at all Ticketmaster outlets. Tickets are also available on-line at Ticketmaster.com.
Season tickets, group tickets and mini-plans are now on sale by calling the Knights at (402) 344-4625. For more information, visit the Ak-Sar-Ben Knights' web site at omahaaksarbenknights.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 17, 2005
- Portland Pirates Weekly Report - Portland Pirates
- Mark Murphy Reassigned - Adirondack Phantoms
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bruins Face Falcons Saturday - Providence Bruins
- Grand Rapids offense setting fast pace - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Penguins re-assign Fleury to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monarchs Sign Ardelan To PTO - Manchester Monarchs
- B-Sens release Soucy - Binghamton Senators
- Dubielewicz Returns, Cloutier Reassigned To Pensacola - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Ak-Sar-Ben Knights Assign Pardy To Las Vegas - Abbotsford Heat
- Binghamton Senators weekly - Binghamton Senators
- Griffins' Hudler named CCM Vector/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Stars forward reassigned - Iowa Chops
- Hudler earns AHL Player of the week honors - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals comeback falls short - Norfolk Admirals
- Wolves weekly update - Chicago Wolves
- AHL weekly report - AHL
- Monarchs Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Wolves sign NHL goalie Shields - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins weekly update - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- River Rats face a monster weekend - Albany River Rats
- Admirals just play one game this week - Milwaukee Admirals
- Calgary assigns Nystrom to Ak-Sar-Ben Knights - Abbotsford Heat
- Griffins assign Bonello and Keller - Grand Rapids Griffins
- National City Breakaway with the Barons - Cleveland Barons
- Barons host National City Breakaway with the Barons - Cleveland Barons
- Cleveland Barons weekly report - Cleveland Barons
- Houston Aeros weekly report - Houston Aeros
- Aeros Weekly Report - Houston Aeros
- Blues recall defenseman Jeff Woywitka from Peoria - Peoria Rivermen
- Stars unveils New European-Style lager - Iowa Chops
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.