Bojan Named MLS Player of the Week
MONTREAL - Major League Soccer announced Monday that Montreal Impact midfielder Bojan was named MLS Player of the Week for the nineteenth week of action.
Bojan scored one goal and registered an assist in Montreal's 2-1 victory over Inter Miami CF at Red Bull Arena on Saturday, taking his tally to three goals and one assist in his last five games.
The MLS Player of the Week is chosen after every week of play in the regular season through a popular vote and a vote from media representatives. Votes from the North American Soccer Reporters (NASR) make up 75% of the vote, while 25% is attributed to the popular vote.
Bojan was also named in the MLS Team of the Week, alongside head coach Thierry Henry. An honour both Bojan and Henry received on week 16 as well.
The Impact will play its next match this Saturday 7:30pm EDT (TVA Sports, TSN, 98,5fm, TSN 690) against NYCFC, at Yankee Stadium in New York.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 19, 2020
- Anthony Fontana scores third game winning goal this season for Union - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Fall to Philadelphia Union, 2-1 - New England Revolution
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: October 19, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts FC Dallas in Nationally-Televised Battle - Nashville SC
- LAFC and Banc of California to Host Week-Long 'Banc of Resources' Virtual Content Series Beginning October 19 - Los Angeles FC
- Dignity Health Sports Park Campus to Serve as An 11-Day Los Angeles County Vote Center - LA Galaxy
- MNUFC Match against Chicago Fire Rescheduled - Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Away Match against Minnesota United FC Rescheduled to November 4 - Chicago Fire FC
- Bojan Named MLS Player of the Week - Club de Foot Montreal
- A Historic Night, Lions Clinch First Playoff Berth in Club History - Orlando City SC
- Montreal Impact Midfielder Bojan Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Whitecaps FC's Nationwide Search for the ONe Commences on November 6 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Lassi Lappalainen to Undergo Shoulder Surgery - Club de Foot Montreal
- Colorado Rapids, CRYSC Announce 2020 Recipients of the Dr. Bob Contiguglia Annual Scholarship - Colorado Rapids
- Major League Soccer Announces Steps to Combat Racism and Increase Black Representation - MLS
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 19, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Philadelphia Union Acquire International Roster Spot from Montreal Impact - Philadelphia Union
- Impact Acquires $50,000 in 2020 General Allocation Money - Club de Foot Montreal
- Sounders FC and San Jose Earthquakes Play to Gritty Stalemate in Northern California - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 1, Vancouver Whitecaps FC 0 - Sunday, October 18, 2020 - LA Galaxy
- Quakes hold Western Conference leaders to scoreless draw - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Draws the Portland Timbers 1-1 on Sunday at Providence Park - Los Angeles FC
- 'Caps lose late to LA Galaxy on the road - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Timbers, Los Angeles FC Play to 1-1 Draw at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Loons Draw at Home - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Club de Foot Montreal Stories
- CF Montréal Exercises Options for 12 Players
- Djordje Mihailovic and Rudy Camacho Win Club's End-Of-Season Individual Awards
- CF Montréal to Play Home Opener March 5 at Olympic Stadium
- CF Montréal Wins Canadian Champion
- CF Montréal Hosts Toronto FC Sunday in the Canadian Championship Final