FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 19, 2020
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati are set to play a fourth consecutive match at Nippert Stadium on Saturday when they host Minnesota United FC on Saturday, Oct. 24. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised on WSTR 64, carried on the radio on WDJO (99.5 FM, 107.9 FM and 1480 AM), streamed regionally on fccincinnati.com/stream, out of market on ESPN+, while an audio stream will be available at TuneIn (WDJO) and fccincinnati.com.
FC Cincinnati (4-11-4, 16 pts.) enter the week following a 2-1 defeat to D.C. United at Nippert Stadium last night. Brandon Vazquez scored his second goal of the season in the match.
Minnesota United FC (6-5-6, 24 pts.) open the week following a 2-2 draw in their match against the Houston Dynamo last night. Ethan Finlay tallied twice to give the Loons a two-goal advantage at halftime, but the Dynamo went on to score two second-half goals to level the match.
Vazquez adds second goal of 2020
Brandon Vazquez scored his second goal of the season in the 66th minute of FC Cincinnati's match against D.C. United on Oct. 18 ... with two goals, Vazquez has matched his single-season high mark of two goals with Atlanta United FC in 2019 ... Vazquez ranks second on the team behind midfielder/forward Yuya Kubo, who has scored three goals this year.
McLaughlin returns to matchday roster
Jimmy McLaughlin made the matchday squad in FCC's match against D.C. United on Oct. 18 for the first time since FC Cincinnati joined MLS ... McLaughlin suffered a season-ending injury prior to the 2019 MLS season ... the midfielder once again picked up an injury during the MLS is Back Tournament ... McLaughlin's last official appearance was on Oct. 27, 2018, in the USL Cup Playoffs while his last MLS appearance was June 6, 2015, for the Philadelphia Union.
FC Cincinnati will be back in action on Saturday, Oct. 24 when they will play Minnesota United FC at Nippert Stadium. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised on WSTR 64, carried on the radio on WDJO (99.5 FM, 107.9 FM and 1480 AM), streamed regionally on fccincinnati.com/stream, out of market on ESPN+, while an audio stream will be available at TuneIn (WDJO) and fccincinnati.com.
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati. Additionally, fans are encouraged to download the team's official mobile app on the Apple App Store or Google Play for instant access to mobile tickets, team content and match notifications.
Information about seating options at the club's state-of-the-art West End Stadium - which will open in Spring 2021 - is now available at westendstadium.com. Season ticket deposits are now being accepted for traditional reserved seating and The Bailey. For more information about 2021 season memberships, visit westendstadium.com or the stadium's social properties on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram at @WestEndStadium, or by calling the team's sales and service staff at 513-977-5425.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 19, 2020
- Anthony Fontana scores third game winning goal this season for Union - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Fall to Philadelphia Union, 2-1 - New England Revolution
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: October 19, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Hosts FC Dallas in Nationally-Televised Battle - Nashville SC
- LAFC and Banc of California to Host Week-Long 'Banc of Resources' Virtual Content Series Beginning October 19 - Los Angeles FC
- Dignity Health Sports Park Campus to Serve as An 11-Day Los Angeles County Vote Center - LA Galaxy
- MNUFC Match against Chicago Fire Rescheduled - Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Away Match against Minnesota United FC Rescheduled to November 4 - Chicago Fire
- Bojan Named MLS Player of the Week - Montreal Impact
- A Historic Night, Lions Clinch First Playoff Berth in Club History - Orlando City SC
- Montreal Impact Midfielder Bojan Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Whitecaps FC's Nationwide Search for the ONe Commences on November 6 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Lassi Lappalainen to Undergo Shoulder Surgery - Montreal Impact
- Colorado Rapids, CRYSC Announce 2020 Recipients of the Dr. Bob Contiguglia Annual Scholarship - Colorado Rapids
- Major League Soccer Announces Steps to Combat Racism and Increase Black Representation - MLS
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: October 19, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Philadelphia Union Acquire International Roster Spot from Montreal Impact - Philadelphia Union
- Impact Acquires $50,000 in 2020 General Allocation Money - Montreal Impact
- Sounders FC and San Jose Earthquakes Play to Gritty Stalemate in Northern California - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 1, Vancouver Whitecaps FC 0 - Sunday, October 18, 2020 - LA Galaxy
- Quakes hold Western Conference leaders to scoreless draw - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Draws the Portland Timbers 1-1 on Sunday at Providence Park - Los Angeles FC
- 'Caps lose late to LA Galaxy on the road - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Timbers, Los Angeles FC Play to 1-1 Draw at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Loons Draw at Home - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- Frankie Amaya called up to U.S. Men's National Team
- FC Cincinnati Announce Roster Decisions for the 2021 Season
- Gyau scores first FCC goal as Orange and Blue conclude 2020 MLS season
- Two FC Cincinnati Players Called up to Respective National Teams
- FC Cincinnati Academy Announces Discovery Program Dates