Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Indianapolis (1:05 p.m.)
June 20, 2019 | 1:05 p.m. ET | Sahlen Field | Buffalo, NY | Game # 70| Home Game # 35
BUFFALO BISONS (33-36, T-3rd, -8.0 North) vs INDIANAPOLIS INDIANS (37-32, 2nd, -4.0 West)
RHP Ryan Feierabend (3-2, 5.57) vs. RHP Dario Agrazal (4-2, 3.20)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This afternoon, the Bisons will play the final game of their three-game series against the visiting Indianapolis Indians. Buffalo continues the homestand with a four-game weekend series against the Norfolk Tides tomorrow. The Herd will then hit the road for a quick four-day, two-city road trip to Pawtucket and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
Last Game: BUF 6, IND 3
Buffalo's offense was backed by starter Thomas Pannone's outing, as he went four innings giving up just a hit while fanning eight. Jordan Patterson and Richard Urena both had two-run home runs to lead to Bisons to victory.
Indianapolis Indians (4-1)
Buffalo and Indianapolis are meeting for the second, and final, time of the 2019 season. In their previous meeting, the Bisons swept the Indians as they outscored them 27-9 in the three games. Last season the teams played just twice in Buffalo due to inclement weather in April.
RHP Ryan Feierabend takes the ball for Buffalo as they wrap up their season series against the Indians. In his last time on the mound, the southpaw threw five innings yielding all three runs in a 3-2 loss at Louisville last Friday 6/14.
Despite picking up the no-decision due to only going four innings, Thomas Pannone was exceptional on the mound. In just his third total start this season between Toronto and Buffalo, the southpaw allowed just one hit while striking out eight. He also threw a first pitch strike to 15 of the 17 batters he faced.
OF Jordan Patterson connected on his team-leading eighth home run of the season in the first inning during Wednesday night's game. Patterson, who hit two long balls in his last game on Sunday at Louisville, has now hit four of his eight round trippers in June.
OF Anthony Alford went 3-4 in Wednesday's win and extended his hitting streak to nine games. In that span, the outfielder is batting .472 (17-36) with a .558 on-base percentage (7 BBs). Alford looks to extend his hitting streak in this afternoon's contest against the Indians.
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (26-48) lost their third game in a row against the Los Angeles Angels at Rogers Centre yesterday. Rowdy Tellez hit two home runs for Toronto, but it wasn't enough to break their losing streak. The Blue Jays play their last game of the four-game series against the Angels before heading to Fenway Park to play the Red Sox for three games beginning tomorrow. LHP Clayton Richard looks to avoid the sweep today as he squares off against fellow southpaw Jose Suarez with first pitch scheduled for 7:07 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 20, 2019
- Six-run rally sparks second straight thrilling comeback win for RailRiders - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bulls Take Series Finale to Sweep PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Rogers Goes Yard as Mud Hens Fall - Toledo Mud Hens
- Early Runs Lead Knights Past Mets 6-1 - Charlotte Knights
- IronPigs snap six-game losing streak in finale at Toledo - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Syracuse Loses Series Finale to Charlotte, 6-1 - Syracuse Mets
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Tribe Rally Falls Short After Eight-Run Fifth by Bisons - Indianapolis Indians
- Wings, Clips Split Doubleheader Thursday - Rochester Red Wings
- Stripers Slip Past Louisville on Marte's Two-Run Single - Gwinnett Stripers
- Bichette and Offense Explode in 11-8 Win - Buffalo Bisons
- Bats Drop Series Finale to Gwinnett, 7-6 - Louisville Bats
- Knights Adjust Schedule for Two Home Dates in August - Charlotte Knights
- Il All-Star Voting Leaders Update - IL
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (37-32) at Buffalo Bisons (33-36) - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Indianapolis (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Indians in the Community: Shepherd Community Center - Indianapolis Indians
- Food Deals Highlight Four-Game Homestand - Durham Bulls
- Louisville Bats Notes - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Bob Costas Headlines 'The Seasons of Buffalo Baseball 1857-2020' Book Launch on December 8
- Former Bison Coach Carl Willis Keeps Churning out Cy Young Pitchers
- Buy Camo & Support Our Vets
- Roberts Latest Former Bison to Win World Series
- Five Former Bisons in Uniform for the World Series