Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Indianapolis (7:05 p.m.)
June 11, 2019 | 7:05 p.m. ET | Victory Field | Indianapolis, IN | Game # 62| Away Game # 30
BUFFALO BISONS (27-34, 5th, -9.0 North) at INDIANAPOLIS INDIANS (35-26, 2nd, -0.5 North)
RHP David Paulino (0-1, 4.58) vs. RHP Luis Escobar (1-0, 2.33)
Radio: ESPN 1520 AM, TuneIn App, Bisons.com TV: MiLB.tv
This evening the Bisons take on the Indianaplis Indians for a three-game set in their first meeting of 2019. Following a loss of the season series in 2018 where the Indians took five-of-seven, Buffalo looks to grab a win in game one. Following this series the Herd will continue their road trip with a three-game matchup with the Louisville Bats.
Last Game: BUF 6, LHV 7
In a game that went 11 full innings, the Lehigh Valley IronPigs outlasted the Bisons en route to their seventh win over Buffalo this year. Home runs by Damek Tomscha, Mitch Walding, Matt McBride, and Jan Hernandez powered the IronPigs to victory. Reese McGuire had a stand-out performance for the Herd, going 3-4 with five RBI's, but it wasn't enough to secure the win.
Indianapolis Indians (0-0)
Buffalo and Indianapolis are meeting for the first time in the 2019 campaign. The teams will only meet twice this season, the next time coming 6/18-6/20 when the I-Tribe come to Buffalo for a three-game set. After taking just two games from Indianapolis in 2018, the Bisons will look to flip the script.
RHP David Paulino will take the mound for the Herd to open their series with the Indianapolis Indians. The righty is coming off of the Injury List after missing more than a month. In his last outing on 4/30, Paulino went 6.0 IP while allowing three unearned runs on four hits and striking out three batters.
Reese McGuire had a strong performance at the plate as he was the Bison's loan source of RBI's. He drove in five runners on the game, bringing his season total up to 14 to go along with his improved .254 batting average. His hit-streak now sits at five games where he is hitting 7-16 (.438).
Billy McKinney led the way for the Bisons' with his two extra-base hits in their matchup with Lehigh Valley. He hit a triple in the second inning and a ground-rule double in the seventh, which he then managed to come around to score on both. McKinney finished 3-6 on the game, bringing his average up to .203 with the Bisons.
RHP Jordan Romano tossed a scoreless inning in the ninth inning for Buffalo. This continues his dominance for the Bisons' coming out of the bullpen as how scoreless streak now spans over eight games and 10.1 IP and over this time he has struck out 15 and allowed just two walks.
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (23-42) got swept by the Arizona Diamondbacks with their 8-2 loss on Sunday afternoon in which Arizona scored all their runs in the third inning. Following a travel day on Monday, the Blue Jays will now open a three-game series in Baltimore with game one set for tonight at 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from June 11, 2019
- Mets Offense Shines in 15-8 Victory over Knights - Syracuse Mets
- Rally Comes up Short at Durham - Toledo Mud Hens
- Tribe Blanked by Buffalo in Series Opener - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Blank Indy, 2-0, in Paulino's Return - Buffalo Bisons
- Lehigh Valley Stifles Gwinnett, 5-1 - Gwinnett Stripers
- Knights Drop Wild Slugfest to Mets 15-8 - Charlotte Knights
- Aquino Extends Hit Streak in 3-2 Loss - Louisville Bats
- Hot Wings Edge Clippers 4-3 - Rochester Red Wings
- Sturgeon, Tapia Lead PawSox to 3-2 Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- De Los Santos strong in 5-1 win over Stripers - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Hutchison Helps RailRiders over Norfolk - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bulls Fend off Mud Hens Rally - Durham Bulls
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Indianapolis (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Stratton Begins MLB Rehab Assignment with Tribe - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (35-26) vs. Buffalo Bisons (27-34) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Pawtucket Red Sox (26-36) at Louisville Bats (25-38) - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats Homestand Notes: June 11-16 - Louisville Bats
- Last Week Around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- Buffalo Bisons Charitable Foundation Donates $20,000 to City of Buffalo's COVID-19 Initiatives
- Mayor Byron Brown Thanks the Buffalo Bisons Charitable Foundation for Supporting Community During COVID-19 Crisis
- Bisons Mother's Day Sale Includes 25% OFF
- May 31st Micah Hyde Charity Softball Game at Sahlen Field Postponed
- Nominate a 'Community All-Star' to be Recognized by the Bisons